State v. Bradley Cooper 4-29-2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
NC Gen Stat 15A-1226 (in my old trial practice book, haven't checked to see if changed) says, "Each party has the right to introduce rebuttal evidence." The statute also makes clear the judge can allow new evidence during rebuttal, but if they do the other side has a right to rebut that. Subsection b says, "The judge in his discretion may permit any party to introduce additional evidence at any time prior to the verdict."

Thanks, g-guy. Good info.

And if that's how it goes, I think we better start hanging up our Christmas stockings :christmastree: or find our dreidels :menorah: now!!! It could be a lon-n-n-n-n-g winter...

HOly thud!!! Router was in BC possession & in use at 10pm friday the 11th. cisco had 2 of these 3825 routers in BC team lab. 1 is accounted for, 1 is missing.

I'm interested in seeing this testimony. But accessing the router doesn't mean the router was in the house. He could have accessed it at Cisco through the VPN connection. Also, what would the purpose of accessing that router on the 11th, unless it was work related?

HOly thud!!! Router was in BC possession & in use at 10pm friday the 11th. cisco had 2 of these 3825 routers in BC team lab. 1 is accounted for, 1 is missing.

Not necessarily in his possession. He could have accessed it through his VPN tunnel from home.

Is Greg M "suspiciously thirsty guy?" If so, the court will need a brief recess to bring in extra water.

Exactly, they should only be able to rebutt the size of the router. That is all JW talked about.

I don't think the prosecution should be able to rebut their own expert.

Exactly, they should only be able to rebutt the size of the router. That is all JW talked about.

Nice argument from the defense ... should be accept by the judge.

If BC was running a hardware VPN client on his router (which is the most likely scenario since he had a Cisco IP Phone at home that would need to remain connected) he would not have to authenticate that VPN on every login from home and the VPN tunnel would not time out.

ah...thanks. I thought the Cisco laptop was in LE custody (ie. not in the Cooper home). So is the defense suggesting that LE tampered with the laptop in the Cooper home? That seems weird to me..it seems that they would confiscate it and bring it into evidence before they actually did anything to it. I would not expect them to be trying to analyze the laptop while it was still in the Cooper residence.

Again, sorry if I am behind on the testimony.

Judge was checking to see if the jury could stay late. I heard some had appointments that required they leave by 1.

Also, defense would request voir dire to ascertain 'expert' status for Frye to testify to something outside the scope of his previous qualification of expertise (like JW).

Pros says Mr Frye cannot be in court MON so voir dire is hard.

So in other words, you don't really care about the truth of the matter? Brad said he was asleep at 9:30 pm. at the latest, and didn't arise before 4:00 a.m., yet there are increasingly numerous reports of Brad being on computer/s during that time period.

So in other words, you don't really care about the truth of the matter? Brad said he was asleep at 9:30 pm. at the latest, and didn't arise before 4:00 a.m., yet there are increasingly numerous reports of Brad being on computer/s during that time period.

That's rich:floorlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members