State v. Bradley Cooper 4-29-2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
soo no google expert? nothing to refute the google testimony to the jury?

not good for the defense. interesting.

That surprises me, too. Especially in light of the testimony of M during yesterday's offer of proof. Didn't he say something about it being possible to identify the computer or IP address associated with the Google map search and related files?

True, but it works both ways too. It would allow the defense to line up their 'experts' better this time around. They may also get lucky and get a judge that would rule more in their favor.

Since I truly believe in brad's factual guilt, and with more technical *stuff* coming out of cisco, I'm not concerned with the defense 'lining up their experts better the second time around.'

question for a lawyer (I think we have at least one or two?)

can a judge deny the prosecution a rebuttal? cuz the judge acted like it wasn't certain that there would be any rebuttal offered by the state. or is it up to the prosecution if they want to/don't want to offer up a rebuttal phase?

I would have loved to hear testimony from an expert from Google. I think they could have cleared up alot of this based on their knowledge of how their website works with whatever browser/OS config BC was using.

Oh well, like they say "shouda, woulda, coulda"!

Suppossedly (account from someone at trial), there was an expert Google defense witness.

If so, that the defense foregos calling this witness in order to accelerate the close of the trial is telling.

While we're in a lull - a little OT here, but anybody else checked out the Coleman murder trial??!!! Wow, we thought things were salacious with this trial. They've presented sex tapes, sexting, and the other woman did testify yesterday in a hot pink low cut blouse and wearing the defendant's "promise" ring. She was a best friend of the murdered wife also. A good bit of the evidence relates to computer evidence/technology also, along with cell phone pings. The murders of Sheri Coleman and her two sons were in 2008 also. Such a sad, sad situation.

Where was this murder? I don't recall if off the top of my head?

What does personal sexual preference have to do with a security clearance? How would they even check such a thing?

You'd be surprised what they look out for top security clearance.

Everything is fair game.

JMHO
fran

One thing that struck me was the timing of the note. Here is the testimony/events (with the most impact IMO) of the 24 hours+ preceding the note starting with the most recent:

*NC was wearing necklace at HT
*Ducks were in the house/accounted for, Cummings gets angry and says it makes State's witnesses look like liars
*Cummings allows witness to offer and explain an alternate theory to NC death
*JA directed that MH not speak directly to police but through her
*witnesses recount BC/NC relationship as not overtly hostile
*NC had plans to run the morning of 7/12 according to witnesses first recounting

This is all going in one direction, with no effective cross (in some cases self-destructive cross). Then the note from the jury right after the HT videos and testimony.

Putting it that way, makes in ominous for the pros.

JMHO
fran

question for a lawyer (I think we have at least one or two?)

can a judge deny the prosecution a rebuttal? cuz the judge acted like it wasn't certain that there would be any rebuttal offered by the state. or is it up to the prosecution if they want to/don't want to offer up a rebuttal phase?

NC Gen Stat 15A-1226 (in my old trial practice book, haven't checked to see if changed) says, "Each party has the right to introduce rebuttal evidence." The statute also makes clear the judge can allow new evidence during rebuttal, but if they do the other side has a right to rebut that. Subsection b says, "The judge in his discretion may permit any party to introduce additional evidence at any time prior to the verdict."

NC Gen Stat 15A-1226 (in my old trial practice book, haven't checked to see if changed) says, "Each party has the right to introduce rebuttal evidence." The statute also makes clear the judge can allow new evidence during rebuttal, but if they do the other side has a right to rebut that. Subsection b says, "The judge in his discretion may permit any party to introduce additional evidence at any time prior to the verdict."

thank you for that!!

I was just going back through the thread and I agree with your page 1 post - the defense might be resting because they think the state doesn't have their new evidence ready. this could be smart, but could also backfire if the state received anything back from Cisco already. I bet the state is hounding them right now while the jury is looking at the defense's buffet table.

Where was this murder? I don't recall if off the top of my head?

Columbia Illinois - the husband (and father of the two murdered children)/accused was a body guard or security guard for Joyce Meyer (Minister). He was making plans to marry his lover (wife's friend) and told her he was having his wife served divorce papers on the very day she and their two children were found murdered in the home. He had no divorce papers lined up - no divorce attorney - no divorce plans. He had a plan, but it wasn't divorce either.

It could also look like hey the defense is finished, but oh look, here comes the old prosecution again bringing up stuff they weren't prepared to present during their side, stretching out the trial.

thank you for that!!

I was just going back through the thread and I agree with your page 1 post - the defense might be resting because they think the state doesn't have their new evidence ready. this could be smart, but could also backfire if the state received anything back from Cisco already. I bet the state is hounding them right now while the jury is looking at the defense's buffet table.

To me it sounded like they already had something significant when he asked the witness, GM, if he had looked at the router logs or the router itself. BZ also indicated this morning when he was objecting to a highlighted portion of the files on the computer and then withdrew his objection saying he would address it in closing so we know he will be doing at least part of it. Or does one attorney have to do all of the closing?

What does personal sexual preference have to do with a security clearance? How would they even check such a thing?

Depending on the level of security clearance, they check, they check everything. It is not personal sexual preference, it is the promiscuity. You may have pillow talk or be unduly influenced if you are not capable of controlling that aspect of your life with any dignity or morality.

Columbia Illinois - the husband (and father of the two murdered children)/accused was a body guard or security guard for Joyce Meyer (Minister). He was making plans to marry his lover (wife's friend) and told her he was having his wife served divorce papers on the very day she and their two children were found murdered in the home. He had no divorce papers lined up - no divorce attorney - no divorce plans. He had a plan, but it wasn't divorce either.
oh goodness, I remember seeing that story on the news. so sad :(

Yeah, I thought they had a google expert? What happened with that? And I thought they had their own 'bug guy'?

I think the defense is quitting while they think they are ahead.
The more the computer experts dig, the more incriminating evidence is being found. Better to rest quick and not let the rebuttal door open any farther.

Boz pretty much has to do the closing by default. Cummings has clearly lost it. The preschool teacher has an annoying Minnie Mouse voice and uuumms, uhhhh, errrrrs WAY to much to be taken seriously.

Boz pretty much has to do the closing by default. Cummings has clearly lost it. The preschool teacher has an annoying Minnie Mouse voice and uuumms, uhhhh, errrrrs WAY to much to be taken seriously.

I totally agree. Cummings needs to skip the closing altogether--not even be in the courtroom. The female sounds at times like Cummings was her personal mentor with her ums and errs, although I think she did a good job yesterday with the PI. Boz is sharp but I hope he tones his aggression down about 50 percent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966