State v Bradley Cooper 4-5-2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I think he wanted it to wipe the external hard drive that was attached to the MacBook which I think is the actual source of incriminating evidence if there was any but I seem to be alone in that thought.

Didn't he say in his deposition that he and Nancy got rid of a computer at one point? That he took it to the Cisco recycling center?

Yes, all correct.

Not really, the DID in France matched a translation pattern. The only way to manipulate where this call was further destined, from the France cluster, was to access the admin portion of that France cluster.

This witness testified that no other employee ever asked him this, didn't he? Everyone who sells a computer used dept. of defense ability to erase their harddrive? Not just some 'wipie clean' thing from Best Buy? Do we, the general public, have access to this sort of technology? Because that wasn't the impression I got from this witness testimony. Is there any evidence Brad recently sold a computer?

Does the general public have access to the software the witness referred to? He was talking about DBAN right? So yes the public has access to it. There are several other readily available programs that do the same thing.

Not likely at all. I never said he did. I'd say more but my theory breaks the rules.

Moderator last night suggested we start a new thread for theories - but still can't drag names through the mud. But it could be a theories thread, names left out, unless they have been brought up in the proceedings directly related to your theory - that was my interpretation. I'd love to read them! Was it sunshine that has another?

Does the general public have access to the software the witness referred to? He was talking about DBAN right? So yes the public has access to it. There are several other readily available programs that do the same thing.

DBAN is open source software.

Just an FYI, it may not be uncommon due to his job responsibilities to occasionaly wipe data off of drives. I don't know if it was or not, just throwing it out there.

Unless he was working in a group that deals with classified data, there will be no reason for him to encrypt/wipe his data outside of what Cisco IT normally mandates for the entire corporation.

He's laying a foundation & planting little seeds for the Big Guy....

I think you are correct! And I also think the "big guy" is showing up tomorrow, hence the early shutdown of court today. Start the day fresh and have alllllll day for this witness.:twocents:

Are your cars only in your name? Serious question. My car is in my name.

Dayam right, so's mine. I paid for it. So's my checking account. All mine. His is his and hers is hers. But we still like each other & sleep and peep together. :giggle:

Not really, the DID in France matched a translation pattern. The only way to manipulate where this call was further destined, from the France cluster, was to access the admin portion of that France cluster.

I thought the DID routed to the Alpha Network cluster to an extension assigned to BC. There really is no manipulation involved other than being able to ring his extension to his cell or wherever he wanted just as he could do with his regular Cisco IP Phone. I don't understand the manipulation people are talking about.

No, he turned his laptop into the company to then get a new(er) one, is how I heard it. And in that case, one does not have to wipe the hard drive in order to get a new laptop. I.T. people in the company are in charge of making sure employees get a new laptop AND they take care of the old ones, including destroying the hard drives or wiping them clean.

Remember, this is a Cisco-owned laptop computer. Cisco is in charge of what ultimately happens to that laptop and they have a standard process in place to 'refresh' PCs. We also have a PC refresh program. I just got a new laptop last week. The old one...the hard drive gets destroyed so no information can be accessed. It's our company's standard security process.

its in his deposition

Why would anyone have a need to know how to completely clean up after himself but not for criminal reasons? The way I see it, but for a crime, no one would have known about any of this. The encryption, the wiping of discs. Maybe I'm not understanding all this technical stuff correctly. But for the commission of a crime, there would have been no reason to have a need to encrypt or wipe anything, right?

If you are going to sell or trash a computer or HDD that has your tax records, photos, bank records, you had better wipe it securely.

Originally Posted by SleuthyGal View Post
Okay to sum it up:

1. Paris phone number - a person in France can call that number for free and be connected to Brad Cooper in North Carolina. Brad allegedly had a French girlfriend...in...umm... France!

Respectfully Snipped:

May I just say, that since approx. 2005 in France one can phone the USA and other major countries for free if you have a Broadband internet account (I don't mean skype).

I read the chat exchange differently ..
1 - he asked for encryption SW - the recommended one was for exchange only and he wanted something for the entire PC
2 - upon being asked what he was trying to do he said 'disk wipe'
3 - based on disk wipe the security guy offered DBAN to Brad (he did not ask by name).

to me the point of wanting to totally destroy anything on the PC (eg. disk wipe at DoD level) is damaging - considering they described Brad's job as Voice technology (not disposing of equipment after the lease expires).

Why is this damaging? This is April of 2008. 3 months before the murder. Who cares that he wanted to wipe a disc in April.

I thought the DID routed to the Alpha Network cluster to an extension assigned to BC. There really is no manipulation involved other than being able to ring his extension to his cell or wherever he wanted just as he could do with his regular Cisco IP Phone. I don't understand the manipulation people are talking about.

When the call is processed in the france cluster, the original DID (I think it started with 315x) there was a translation pattern defined that translated the dialed digits to a number that was then routed to the alpha cluster. The number that it was translated to is a number that was assigned to BC for his phone connected to alpha network.

Yeah, that makes more sense. When he asked for 'PGP' I was thinking "protect the email" since that's what PGP does. But he did say 'wipe disk." he wanted to destroy ALL computer evidence on his laptop.

And no, wiping a hard drive is NOT something an employee HAS to do to turn in a laptop to get a new one. Cisco and other large companies have special groups who specialize in taking older laptops, getting rid of all data on the hard drive, making sure everything is wiped clean and secure, and getting the employee a new laptop.

Again, what is the relevance to the murder? We're still talking about April here.

I do that when I'm too lazy to bold a word. Caps makes one word stand out. Shouting (to me) is when all words are in caps, not one word for emphasis.

Yes, I capitalize a word when I want it to stand out too. And I agree, to me, shouting is when somebody locks the CAPS key and does the whole post in CAPS. I don't even know how to bold, let alone use a diffferent color ink as many do here. :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
primelectrics