State v. Bradley Cooper 4-6-2011

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But since Brad didn't agree to it, it was "all about the money" for him? She should have come back with a reasonable agreement and he probably would have agreed to it.

I personally would have never let a lawyer send my husband I was separating from something like this. It is completely unreasonable, imo. I'm glad I did my own divorce, no lawyers. Wow.

I was surprised he would have to pay for her (airfare, food, lodging) to accompany the children to his location for visits if he was unable to travel to Canada. I know this was a starting point proposal, but has anyone here seen this in a separation/custody agreement? Is this common now? I would never have dreamt of asking my ex to pay for me to accompany our child to see him. If I returned home when she did, it was on my dime. At other times he came to get her, or she flew as an unaccompanied minor.

Just a listing of numerous emails Alice Stubbs sent to Nancy and other various people in her firm, asking after each one, 'did you send a copy of this to brad???" Showing that Brad had these emails illegally.

Makes it pretty obvious that Nancy did not share her email account with Brad, and Ms. Stubbs also figured the email account was not a shared account. Considering Ms. Stubbs told Nancy to keep legal docs secured away from Brad, I have little doubt she wanted assurance the email account was secured as well. End of that little game.

The argument has been that Brad was okay with her leaving to Canada until he got the agreement. Then he changed his mind because of the money. So he's all about the money.

In some ways, that is correct. But I believe it had to deal with the fairness of it more than him not wanting to pay anything.

But we havent heard yet about what negotiations were done after this initial separation agreement was purposed..This was in April 2008.....What happened between April 2008 and July 2008??? That is the question..We have only heard from Nancy's friends how dysfuntional and stressful things were in the house..also heard testimony how things were escalating in tormentings...

I guess what I am saying is..wonder what was the final trigger in July??

I was surprised he would have to pay for her (airfare, food, lodging) to accompany the children to his location for visits if he was unable to travel to Canada. I know this was a starting point proposal, but has anyone here seen this in a separation/custody agreement? Is this common now? I would never have dreamt of asking my ex to pay for me to accompany our child to see him. If I returned home when she did, it was on my dime. At other times he came to get her, or she flew as an unaccompanied minor.

maybe you had a bad agreement?

The argument has been that Brad was okay with her leaving to Canada until he got the agreement. Then he changed his mind because of the money. So he's all about the money.

In some ways, that is correct. But I believe it had to deal with the fairness of it more than him not wanting to pay anything.

As the lawyer said, this was a first draft, and she said 'certainly not an *aggressive* first draft. $2100 dollars a month to support two children, from a man who earned somewhere between $125,000 to $150,000 the previous year, is a mere pittance IMO. What is that, a little over $25,000 dollars a year?

the child support worked out to 67. dollars per day for each child...that doesn't sound like a lot of money considering Brad made about 368.00 dollars per day

Child support, alimony, private school for the kids, all the travel for the kids and Nancy in order for him to see his kids. That adds up to way more than $134/day for each child. And he didn't bring home $368 dollars per day.

But we havent heard yet about what negotiations were done after this initial separation agreement was purposed..This was in April 2008.....What happened between April 2008 and July 2008??? That is the question..We have only heard from Nancy's friends how dysfuntional and stressful things were in the house..

I guess what I am saying is..wonder what was the final trigger in July??

April was the time he was instant messaging the cisco employee

I agree...and it's simply ridiculous for the witness to say that this is not "an aggressive" agreement. I can't wait to hear how much they wanted for alimony. If it's more than $2000/month my head is going to explode. This is not congruent with Nancy just wanting to get out of there, at any cost.

Help me out friends...throw me a bone!! What is she saying??:anguish:

Obb--Alice S. is has only, so far, just confirmed what was in the separation agreement initially--that Brad did NOT agree to. She hasn't really added much to what we already knew except a few monetary figures--child support suggested at $2100 per month, alimony was to be determined later, etc. She is sharp and I pray I will never need a divorce attorney but if I do I'll definitely use her. She seems sad... and her testimony that she advised Nancy to stay in the home with the girls until the separation agreement could be agreed upon must weigh heavy on her heart.
We'll continue with the updates. But so far, nothing earth shattering has come out...Oh--the copies of her email to and from Nancy have been read aloud, nothing to report. Except the question of if/how/when Brad was able to access Nancy's private email account.

Child support, alimony, private school for the kids, all the travel for the kids and Nancy in order for him to see his kids. That adds up to way more than $134/day for each child. And he didn't bring home $368 dollars per day.

if he was on salary ...which I presume he was I took his salary and divided it by 365 that works out to roughly 368. per day

I actually see that stipulation as ridiculous. Once back in Canada Nancy should have been able to get a job. She would no longer be broke since she would be receiving child support. If Nancy moved to the same location as Krista, she would be within, I believe Krista said (?), an hour and a half of the US? Surely they could have worked out terms (since this was a starting point) to meet somewhere in the middle, if he hadn't killed her instead...............

WHY do you think she would forward the emails to Brad?
Agreed. This is clearly, as most sep. agreements are, an adversarial situation. That's just how it is with this stuff...

Not able to hear all testimony - but what lawyer is saying these objections will be used in his appeal ?

Seems to me if one is raising the issue of appeal before a jury even deliberates the case, well it speaks for itself.

Any defense attorney worth his/her salt knows how to use objections in preparation for appeal if needed. If they waited until the end and then said "oops, we should have stated objections" they wouldn't be doing their job.

That is what it "speaks to" IMO.

What about alimony though?

Because Nancy gave up her job & her business to move with Brad, hadn't been able to work in a number of years, the alimony would be given for a period of time, allowing her time to establish herself in the working world once again. That's how it is done when it comes to SAHM's. The rest of the property was a 50/50 distribution. Hardly seems unfair and greedy IMO. Most times that I'm aware of, the child support is far more considering the amount of money Brad earns. :) Judge Judy often times claims it's at least 25% of the salary. And that would be the minimum.

As the lawyer said, this was a first draft, and she said 'certainly not an *aggressive* first draft. $2100 dollars a month to support two children, from a man who earned somewhere between $125,000 to $150,000 the previous year, is a mere pittance IMO. What is that, a little over $25,000 dollars a year?

Child support is *very* formulaic. I think he made something like $130K/year. I challenge you to use the rosen.com child support calculator and come up with a figure that comes close to $2100/month for 2 kids. Remember that he probably is paying their health insurance also.

http://www.rosen.com/childcalculator/

What about alimony? What about full travel expenses for himself or both kids and her if he didn't go to Canada?

I don't see how you see the initial first draft as fair. It wasn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CurtisEmant