Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can alimony be more than child support?

Could be. Child support is usually a calculation based on number of days in a year the child is with you/paying for health care/other kids/etc.

Speaking from experience, if the income is not equal for both parents, the non-custodial parent usually gets pretty screwed over for child support, especially since it's not tax deductible and not counted as income for the custodial parent.

Holy cow - the terms of that separation agreement are simply ridiculous. No wonder BC freaked out and put a halt to the entire thing. That agreement is no way approaching fair.

Exactly. But Brad was "all about the money" because he didn't agree to it.

Can alimony be more than child support?

I think Ms Stubbs said that alimony is based on what Brad could afford..so if when looking at his financials..that child support wiped out his ability to pay alimony, then she wouldnt getany...I also recall Ms Stubbs saying that distribution of assets would give nancy a lump sum of 50% of assets..such as the house, cars etc...

Nancy just couldnt leave USA with the kids without Brad's conscent...and I would assume it would have to be in writing..

I don't think this says anything about Nancy or that she was 'all about the noney'...an initial separation agreement is a negotiating starting point and the numbers are typically suggested by the attorney. This is probably what Alice thought they should start with given the circumstances and finances of the couple.

But since Brad didn't agree to it, it was "all about the money" for him? She should have come back with a reasonable agreement and he probably would have agreed to it.

more water? whats he gonna do when the piture is empty and hes on cross?:great:

He can do the pee-dance with me!!!!
icon10.gif

But at this stage of the game - NC was "all about the money" also. Otherwise, she would have pushed her attorney to give Brad "an offer he couldn't refuse" just to get the heck out of there. I know many women who took the high road for that exact reason...NC was not one of them.

Speaking of how smart Stubbs is, did anyone else notice that she said that Nancy told her that Brad had taken "one or both of the childrens' passports?" I thought that was very clever. IMO it was a way to imply, without committing perjury, that he took both passports (as all the friends have testified) even though Nancy told her (because Nancy was more truthful with her attorney) that he took ONE of the girl's passports. Alice is goooood.

MOO

Brad not agreeing to the terms doesn't make him 'all about the money' either. I doubt any (intelligent) person would just agree to the first draft of a separation agreement. Most would get an attorney and fight it out until they came up with a compromise version...Brad had a slightly different way of dealing with it (IMO)

I don't know of anyone who just willingly agree to those terms. People can say he was all about that money, but it's not a fair agreement (it never is for the non-custodial parent, but this as it sounds goes beyond that).

I agree that there should of been some mediation to come to some sort of agreement on finances.

But at this stage of the game - NC was "all about the money" also. Otherwise, she would have pushed her attorney to give Brad "an offer he couldn't refuse" just to get the heck out of there. I know many women who have take the high road for that exact reason...NC was not one of them.

I thought I heard Ms Stubbs say she sent a copy of this initial separation aggreement to Brad's lawyer, along with saying a "Starting Point" for negotiations....I wonder IF there was any further negotiations after this April email???

I know...but that would mean waiting until tonight!!!!! I don't think I can stand the wait!!

Thanks for the details to those who are posting them, I appreciate it SO much!

Are you authorized to play music softly @ work? If yes, perhaps the trial soft in the background of your work? That's what I do.

Of course, this is Nancy's view. He might not have been a great father, but I'm sure he loved and cared about those kids.

Of course, this shows Nancy was all about the money as well given what was asked for in the separation agreement.

the child support worked out to 67. dollars per day for each child...that doesn't sound like a lot of money considering Brad made about 368.00 dollars per day

What's on the screen now? These photos? Did trial start again? I'm not getting any sound, just photos of Brad & women?

Help me out friends...throw me a bone!! What is she saying??:anguish:

lawyer now telling Brad these objections will be used in his appeal

Not able to hear all testimony - but what lawyer is saying these objections will be used in his appeal ?

Seems to me if one is raising the issue of appeal before a jury even deliberates the case, well it speaks for itself.

Brad not agreeing to the terms doesn't make him 'all about the money' either. I doubt any (intelligent) person would just agree to the first draft of a separation agreement. Most would get an attorney and fight it out until they came up with a compromise version...Brad had a slightly different way of dealing with it (IMO)

The argument has been that Brad was okay with her leaving to Canada until he got the agreement. Then he changed his mind because of the money. So he's all about the money.

In some ways, that is correct. But I believe it had to deal with the fairness of it more than him not wanting to pay anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dalton2020