State v. Bradley Cooper 4-7-2011

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have very little contact with people from high school simply because I, like Brad, attended a small high school. People all went their separate ways after it was done. I don't think this means anything at all. I think it's more the exception that someone hangs out with high school friends throughout their adult life.

I still have my high school and sorority friends and they live all over the country and 2 are out of the country. We had formed a bond, tho. I am now 60 yrs. old.

Different strokes for different folks, I suppose.

It's the part where he speaks about trying to contact Taylene Lyon for character reference for Dr. Gould (sp?).

Maybe because he paid the doctor $12,000 to evaluate him for the custody case to say he was fine. Who the heck knows. lol

I missed the argument this morning, so I don't know what exactly is going on, except that judge ruled it shouldn't come in.

I REALLY wish WRAL would show the arguments without the jury present on line, for those of use that missed them earlier!! :banghead:

Thank you for the clarification. I still don't see the huge 'to-do' over it. However I'm taking pain meds so my thinking is cloudy.

Does anyone know who the blond sitting behind the Rentz family is? Looks very familiar...

I still have my high school and sorority friends and they live all over the country and 2 are out of the country. We had formed a bond, tho. I am now 60 yrs. old.

Different strokes for different folks, I suppose.

I'm still in touch with several of mine as well. We are scattered but not forgotten.

defense better not make the Judge LATE or he will be just a wee bit upset

What specifically made your chest hurt?

I don't think it was any one specific thing. It was the totality of it all. Brad's lack of any sort of sadness at the loss of the mother of his children. And what I'm referring to there is, if he was innocent, an innocent man would by now have seen how effected his little children were not having their mommy around to kiss them goodnight, hug them, wipe away their tears, etc. Regardless of their own issues at the time, Brad & Nancy, once she was gone, dead, brutally murdered, I couldn't get over how emotionless he was through these tapes. And how he kept using 'we'. 'We' got up saturday morning and 'we' were getting a bottle for (baby), and 'we' started doing laundry. All this usage of WE to show nancy was still alive saturday morning. As I said before, as if they were somehow conjoined twins. We We We..... There was such detachment, such a lack of empathy, lack of any sort of memories or feelings for those early years they were together. No emotion when he discussed her being found dead, murdered, etc. All of it finally took it's toll on me. Such an alive, vibrant woman, seen in lovely photo's with her children, 'way to go Brad' at his graduation........ending so tragically, especially for those two babies who would never ever have their mommy to cling to again. :(

Anyone think Kurtz will move for a mistrial even if it is just for the record?

I liked how Cummings stood up and told Kurtz to just take him to the 'bar' accusing him of intentionally including predjudicial footage in the video. Not Cummings exact words.

ETA: Guess Kurtz isn't asking for a mistrial afterall. I was wrong.

Not whining. I think he's right. And he's GOT to make a big deal of this. The jury cannot unhear that. Making a big deal of it is good legal strategy as well...

MOO

I disagree. The burden falls flatly on the Defense team's head. They knew about this depo forEVER! Neglecting to solidify a deal with the Prosecutors, until a "line-by-line" transcript... email last night...when the State was using minutes and seconds of the recording doesn't cut it.

Man-UP! The DT messed up------------NO MISTRIAL! MOO

I was watching and am not confident what this is all about. In the depo Stubbs asked BC about a girlfriend from back in 92-93 (I believe). He mentioned he tried to contact her three weeks ago, to no avail. Then all heck broke loose.

FOr crying out loud..Curative instruction..is all thats necessary...Brad's actually explained exactly what they wanted..NOW it does appear it is some reason...Like this Dr. ??? Kurtz caught off guard by that question by the judge??

It's the part where he speaks about trying to contact Taylene Lyon for character reference for Dr. Gould (sp?).

Maybe because he paid the doctor $12,000 to evaluate him for the custody case to say he was fine. Who the heck knows. lol

I missed the argument this morning, so I don't know what exactly is going on, except that judge ruled it shouldn't come in.

I REALLY wish WRAL would show the arguments without the jury present on line, for those of use that missed them earlier!! :banghead:

The issue that was argued this morning is where the deposition was clipped. In reference to previous girlfriend I contacted her a few weeks ago <clip> Is very different than I contacted her a few weeks ago to seek a reference for Dr. Gould.

The further issue is bringing in Dr. Gould as a psychiatric eval.

Brad is so anti-social, unaware of names etc. but within hours on his trip to France he is 'involved' with a woman. Seems pretty social to me.

I wouldn't worry...if Jury is like me...I am basically in LA LA Land about this time and after hearing 5 more hours of this it will be a blip in their memory

I disagree. The burden falls flatly on the Defense team's head. They knew about this depo forEVER! Neglecting to solidify a deal with the Prosecutors, until a "line-by-line" transcript... email last night...when the State was using minutes and seconds of the recording doesn't cut it.

Man-UP! The DT messed up------------NO MISTRIAL! MOO

Mistrial wasn't mentioned by me or by the DT. And the State just messed up, which Gessner knows. Not whining, just good legal strategy.

The judge is relieved that this isn't mistrial request!

The issue that was argued this morning is where the deposition was clipped. In reference to previous girlfriend I contacted her a few weeks ago <clip> Is very different than I contacted her a few weeks ago to seek a reference for Dr. Gould.

The further issue is bringing in Dr. Gould as a psychiatric eval.

Thank you!
That is what I figured.

tweets
wral WRAL NEWS in NC
Defense attorney Howard Kurtz accuses prosecution of intentionally showing jury part of deposition that should've been edited. #coopertrial

wral WRAL NEWS in NC
Prosecutor: If he wants to take me to state bar, that&#8217;s fine, but don&#8217;t say I did something to intentionally mistry this case! #coopertrial

wral WRAL NEWS in NC
Defense wants judge to tell jury why Brad Cooper contacted his ex-girlfriend. #coopertrial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member