State v. Bradley Cooper 4-7-2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's wearing his wedding ring...

I've never seen one as big as that before...I think that's why Joseph d'Antoni (witness) said that he remarked Brad had taken it off, (Jd'A was a bit bemused/puzzeled as to why he even noticed Brad's ring, but when you see the size of it, hard not to notice it).

Maybe all this Celine Busson nonsense would have been more relevant if that ridiculous witness that testified it was basically all gossipy lies hadn't been prior to showing this. Now it makes it look even more like the prosecution tried to make a mountain out of a molehill out of the situation.

Between that and the shady playing of the part that was supposed to be clipped comes off as grasping for straws more than anything I have seen or heard from the defense.

I pulled that same question from this the first time I watched it. However, it doesn't seem she is going to be a witness. Would love to know just what went on between the two of them.
I'm still wondering why any woman, on any continent, would be attracted to him.............

probably really smooth with people until he has them under his spell..he is not a looker ...so I am not getting it
really would like to be a fly on the wall in Heather's circle..

probably really smooth with people until he has them under his spell..he is not a looker ...so I am not getting it
really would like to be a fly on the wall in Heather's circle..

A big ole' BLOW FLY!! :) They don't LIE! :floorlaugh:

"Jennifer Wilson" ex fiancee .. who is really Jennifer Winsor Ball ...

Oct. 12, 2008 affidavit of Jennifer Winsor Ball
http://www.wral.com/asset/news/local/2008/10/13/3726247/20081013092834786.pdf

oh Brad, why do you lie ??????[/QUOTE]

BBM~~ I tend to believe that lying comes real easy to Brad..and also that his relationship and marriage to Nancy wasnt when he started this behaviors..I found a neat link that helps you spot a Compulsive Liar..Interesting things to look for...and I tend to think that Brad's discomfort comes when he cant recall what he said in the past..so isnt sure how to say something..WHEN he appears comfy cozy..he has no conscience about lying.....
How to Spot a Compulsive Liar
http://www.ehow.com/how_2086429_spot-compulsive-liar.html

Interesting read..it may give some insight to Brad's personality :waitasec:

I've never seen one as big as that before...I think that's why Joseph d'Antoni (witness) said that he remarked Brad had taken it off, (Jd'A was a bit bemused/puzzeled as to why he even noticed Brad's ring, but when you see the size of it, hard not to notice it).

And when asked if Brad remembered Joseph, he said 'no, nope, don't remember him at all, name doesn't ring a bell'.

Maybe all this Celine Busson nonsense would have been more relevant if that ridiculous witness that testified it was basically all gossipy lies hadn't been prior to showing this. Now it makes it look even more like the prosecution tried to make a mountain out of a molehill out of the situation.

Between that and the shady playing of the part that was supposed to be clipped comes off as grasping for straws more than anything I have seen or heard from the defense.

I don't understand the clipped portion and the defense's strong objection to it. He had already testified that he had seen a psychiatrist (or doctor) to help him get over the 'grief' of losing his wife and perhaps losing his kids. Each time something like this happens in front of the jury I think it solidifies to them that it's a biggy. Even though this issue wasn't that I can see.

I wonder if she will be called to testify? Very telling affidavit, well worth the read IMO. Thanks

I just read the affidavit and would LOVE for them to fly this girl down here to testify. She's the kind of witness the the jury would believe.

Hi! I haven't commented in forever, but I have been following this case closely.

Just thought I would drop in to say that it seems to me that Brad takes a sip of water (in the deposition) just after he has lied or had to answer an uncomfortable question. I watched the deposition when it was first released and made that observation. Now I am noticing it again. Anybody else notice this?

P.S. I live more than a thousand miles away and don't know any of the parties.
:twocents:

I don't understand the clipped portion and the defense's strong objection to it. He had already testified that he had seen a psychiatrist (or doctor) to help him get over the 'grief' of losing his wife and perhaps losing his kids. Each time something like this happens in front of the jury I think it solidifies to them that it's a biggy. Even though this issue wasn't that I can see.

I am just guessing because it wasn't really explained today that I heard, but I think the difference is he sought out a psychologist to talk about his feelings of grief, etc. is what he testified to that we heard. I think the Dr. Gould thing was a psychiatric evaluation performed at the request of the Rentz' (somebody please correct me if I am wrong) for the custody hearing that the defense feels would be predjudicial.

Originally Posted by LaLaw2000
Getting to know him from childhood on would be my guess. Background is very important.

It is helpful as to whether or not he is fit for custody of the girls, IMO. I do not think BC ever formed very much of a bond with anyone.

JMO
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Red by me - Exactly. Attachment disorder possibly. Again, it goes to lack of bonding in very early development. Not saying BC experienced it, but it is documented, and again, my family was deposed in a case of a relative who was in trouble with his company having to do with fraud and family-held real estate, and all this "stuff" came out -- much like what BC is undergoing. He was my 3rd cousin, and he also had to go to a shrink for evaluation, like BC did, and all kinds of frogs & toads & newts & slimeys came creeping out. Both his parents were very withdrawn and cold, etc., etc. Whew....sorry for running off so...

And she was sued for that one -- remember the remarks about the Alienation of Affection suit brought by the former wife of a man she married (IIRC -- not sure??) or at least was "going with" or however it should be said these days.
A very busy woman...

Hi all. First time poster here but long time lurker. I have been reading the discussion here and appreciate how you all break down the trial for those of us who can't watch it during the day.

Decided to just jump in here on this discussion because I live in Lochmere and it is pretty common knowledge around here that JP's ex-wife sued HM for alienation of affection (and won). HM's relationship with JP continued for quite a while after their marriages broke up. I don't know the exact timeline of the affairs but it seems HM cheated on her ex, SH, with both JP and BC. How she managed to keep up two long term affairs with both and have time for a husband and kids is beyond me. Maybe the BC thing was just "one indiscretion?" Either way she sounds like a real winner and I think we will all need a flow chart to keep up with all of these affairs!

From what I derived from the testimony - Brad was asked to contact an ex-girlfriend by council for a character reference in his custody hearing. The prosecution clipped out the first part of that - so when you watch the video it appeared he contacted this woman for other nefarious purposes.

I wanted to thank you guys for the blow-by-blow this week. I had to go back to wuh-wuh-work (Maynard G. Krebs, anyone?) and was unable to watch. I'm wondering where NCSU went? Am I allowed to ask? He was such a fixture...

I'm watching Mr. Rentz's testimony now. He is so articulate and classy. Love him.

Hi all. First time poster here but long time lurker. I have been reading the discussion here and appreciate how you all break down the trial for those of us who can't watch it during the day.

Decided to just jump in here on this discussion because I live in Lochmere and it is pretty common knowledge around here that JP's ex-wife sued HM for alienation of affection (and won). HM's relationship with JP continued for quite a while after their marriages broke up. I don't know the exact timeline of the affairs but it seems HM cheated on her ex, SH, with both JP and BC. How she managed to keep up two long term affairs with both and have time for a husband and kids is beyond me. Maybe the BC thing was just "one indiscretion?" Either way she sounds like a real winner and I think we will all need a flow chart to keep up with all of these affairs!

Since you live in Lochmere - can you tell me what day is trash pick up in your development?

"Jennifer Wilson" ex fiancee .. who is really Jennifer Winsor Ball ...

Oct. 12, 2008 affidavit of Jennifer Winsor Ball
http://www.wral.com/asset/news/local/2008/10/13/3726247/20081013092834786.pdf

oh Brad, why do you lie ??????

I found more than deliberate lies, that he wanted to sound normal, and in wanting to sound like a normal man with previous loving relationships he sounded so contrived. Perhaps he couldn't even remember her name but badly wanted to sound like he had no problems bringing back up past girlfriends names and fond details.

When they played Nancy's voice message, in the court room today, I felt that this was his moment to stand up and shout "Yes, I did it" or even "No, I didn't kill Nancy", but he missed this occasion as well as many other occasions to come clean.
I have a feeling also that perhaps he is on some kind of medication which is dulling his senses. It's a sad affair.

I just read the affidavit and would LOVE for them to fly this girl down here to testify. She's the kind of witness the the jury would believe.

And as Brad's prior to Nancy, last long term relationship, he description of his way with her is spot on as to Nancy's reports IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
internationalsleuth