State v. Bradley Cooper 5-2-2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If he is found guilty...they will appeal. If not guilty he walks. Probably less risky just to go with guilty vs not guilty for the defense.

plus it could be grounds for appeal

This is the most important part of the trial and where most trials get overturned on appeal

I can't tell who he's biased against in this decision.
Neither side wants it.

The judge is giving the jury two options for a guilty verdict, and one option for not guilty. His ruling favors the Pros, just like all his rulings......

I think the pros made a great move...the defense team could have dragged this trial on for another week...virtually proving nothing..just laying doubt...nice blindside...loved the look on the whole defense team

On the other hand this move has the potential to cause the jury to be even more suspicious or the state's tactics and case even more so than they likely already do. Yes I realize they are not supposed to know the details of what was asserted that CF was going to testify to but we all know they likely read the papers and some are probably reading the posts here. IMO opinion it points to yet another baseless accusation by they state.

IMHO this is a premeditation case. He was doing google searches the day before he killed her. He strangled her. Preplanning and then premeditation. If BC is guilty (and I believe he is) he should be convicted of 1st degree murder.

And no, I do not think there was any planting of evidence, nor anyone connected with the state's case changing files or changing timestamps, nor do I think his wifi network was hacked. Just throwing that spaghetti against the wall and claiming there could have been if someone who knew how to do something nefarioius had access to it, does not show me there was. As such, I discard all of that nonsense.

There is a white spot, lighter than her skin. The darker gray that you see is the side of the mount the diamond is in. I'm really surprised that so many can't see it. I thought otto did an awesome job of bringing it out.

Do you have a link to Otto's post, or at least what day/time it was posted so I can see for myself? TIA

So - some folks think that there is enough evidence to say that he did it, but didn't mean to?

No - the SODDI folks and BII folks - are adamant that Brad is INNOCENT - not that it was a crime of passion - but that he was FRAMED, and that the real killer is out there with Nicole Simpson's murderer configuring routers and buying half pairs of gloves.

If you think he did it - then I cant see that there is ANY doubt that it wold have been premeditated. If you think he didn't do it - then 2nd degree wouldn't be an option.

Honestly- if they take 2nd degree it's some sort of "gift" to the prosecution.
MOO MOO MOO

EXACTLY! I think most of us on this forum feel a hung jury is a very real possibility. So if the jurors are split, and anxious to get out of there, they have an "out".

Unbelievable on the part of this judge.

So - some folks think that there is enough evidence to say that he did it, but didn't mean to?

No - the SODDI folks and BII folks - are adamant that Brad is INNOCENT - not that it was a crime of passion - but that he was FRAMED, and that the real killer is out there with Nicole Simpson's murderer configuring routers and buying half pairs of gloves.

If you think he did it - then I cant see that there is ANY doubt that it wold have been premeditated. If you think he didn't do it - then 2nd degree wouldn't be an option.

Honestly- if they take 2nd degree it's some sort of "gift" to the prosecution.

MOO MOO MOO

Exactly. Now imagine he is found guilty of 2nd degree (which would be the wrong verdict regardless of which side you are on)....would the fact that the judge added it as an option despite both sides saying it wasn't a valid option be something that could be appealed?

wral WRAL NEWS in NC
Judge: I believe the appropriate verdicts are guilty of first-degree murder, guilty of second-degree murder or not guilty. #coopertrial

Confident or ballsy.

The only problem with this risk is if the jury thinks he is guilty and has no choice other than 1st degree and BC ends up getting a life sentence when he could have rec'd 25 years on a 2nd degree.

I think they chose this because even if BC is convicted, I believe he has an excellent chance for an appeal, with the antsy jury and a couple of questionable calls by the judge. I honestly don't think I have ever heard of a jury asking for the trial to wind down. This directly conflicts with due process. It should be an interesting verdict watch. MOO

I can't tell who he's biased against in this decision.
Neither side wants it.

In my opinion, he is putting it in there as an "out" for the prosecution to still get a guilty verdict.

Where has the State NOT argued premediation????

The biggest CE evidence is:

1) Stolen Router
2) Spoofed phone call
3) Google search

If true, ALL show premeditation!

Just because you are unable to see it doesn't mean it's not there. She is wearing the necklace.

Cheyenne, I'm right there with you. I simply changed the photo to B&W and zoomed in and I can see plain as day. I can not believe the prosecution didn't even try. That makes me furious!! It's there.

IMHO this is a premeditation case. He was doing google searches the day before he killed her. He strangled her. Preplanning and then premeditation. If BC is guilty (and I believe he is) he should be convicted of 1st degree murder.

And no, I do not think there was any planting of evidence, nor anyone connected with the state's case changing files or changing timestamps, nor do I think his wifi network was hacked. Just throwing that spaghetti against the wall and claiming there could have been if someone who knew how to do something nefarioius had access to it, does not show me there was. As such, I discard all of that nonsense.

I think we all agree that if he is guilty, it is of 1st degree murder.

the necklace is a mute point..Nancy's family should breath a sigh of relieve that he didn't give it to some lawyer for payment

Judge seems to be leaning towards 2nd degree

Heard him respond to Trenkle that he (judge) believes there has been sufficient evidence presented to support 1st degree murder.

wral WRAL NEWS in NC
Judge: I believe the appropriate verdicts are guilty of first-degree murder, guilty of second-degree murder or not guilty. #coopertrial

Why even ask Pros or Def if he is gonna go with his opinion anyway?

Wow, Gessner is going to give the jury an out despite both the prosecution and defense saying first degree only. How is that not bias?

It is NOT bias because it is the law. The judge understands that *some* jurors *could* believe that brad cooper killed his wife in the heat of an argument. *Some* jurors, while not necessarily believing the technical witnesses, could still believe other testimony given that *could* lead them to believe brad cooper murdered his wife 'in the heat of passion'. The testimony given 'could be interpreted' in different ways by different jurors. I hope if you truly do have an interest in our legal system, that you witness more trials, opening statments to closing arguments, so you will have a more well-rounded experience as to the how's and why's of the legal system. JMO

In my opinion, he is putting it in there as an "out" for the prosecution to still get a guilty verdict.

I thought that at first, but then I thought if anyone is convinced he is not guilty, they will not "give in" and send someone to prison for something they don't think he did.

Where has the State NOT argued premediation????

The biggest CE evidence is:

1) Stolen Router
2) Spoofed phone call
3) Google search

If true, ALL show premeditation!

I also understand that death by strangualion is also premediation...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MADELINE123654