State v. Bradley Cooper 5-2-2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What underhanded tactic are you referring to? The defense presented evidence and I don't understand why some don't realize that both sides scrutinized the image with the best tools available and they both came to the conclusion that it is not there. There would only be 1 reason for this and that is -- she was NOT wearing it.

Except that she is wearing it.

:waitasec: What happened to the state argues first, then the defense, then the state on rebuttal???

This case is so strange...

So - some folks think that there is enough evidence to say that he did it, but didn't mean to?

No - the SODDI folks and BII folks - are adamant that Brad is INNOCENT - not that it was a crime of passion - but that he was FRAMED, and that the real killer is out there with Nicole Simpson's murderer configuring routers and buying half pairs of gloves.

If you think he did it - then I cant see that there is ANY doubt that it wold have been premeditated. If you think he didn't do it - then 2nd degree wouldn't be an option.

Honestly- if they take 2nd degree it's some sort of "gift" to the prosecution.

MOO MOO MOO

I believe that Brad Cooper is guilty of the premeditated murder of Nancy Cooper. I do not understand how this murder could have been committed by Brad and not have been premeditated.

Pwehaps pros could have had someone who resembled NC the nwcklace to HT and reinact. Then do so without necklace.

They can have same woman out jogging on 7/12/08 witnessed by many people come in and model it.

wral WRAL NEWS in NC
Judge: I intend to adhere to the 2-hour time limit, especially in light of the jury's concerns about the length of the trial. #coopertrial
2 minutes ago

WRAL NEWS in NC
wral WRAL NEWS in NC
Judge is limiting closing arguments to 2 hours. Defense objects, says they need more time due to length, complexity of case.

Pwehaps pros could have had someone who resembled NC the nwcklace to HT and reinact. Then do so without necklace.

That was my suggestion, but was accused of suggesting the prosecution faking the video. If I was on the prosecution team, I would have put a woman in a black dress with the actual necklace in HT over the weekend re-enacting the movements of NC. Then showed that video to the jury if the necklace wasn't visible. Maybe they did that and it was visible. The witness did indicate that he could clearly see necklaces on other people (not shown).

What on earth is this judge doing but being biased.....I just can't believe that this is our justice system.....I want to have a voice in the matter of justice and I will find a productive way to do that.......I would like to see either guilty or not guilty.....to me that is the only reasonable choice....I wonder if the judge consults with the victims family......anyone know if that is possible.........With this jury in such a hurry to get back to their lives it seems to me they might
go to the middle - - second degree - - just to get out of there......I think Brad is innocent......
and I have first hand knowledge of the CPD and incomptencce.....I am 100% sure that the Mayor's office is concerned about how this case if going to affect Cary's reputation....Those officers and investgators were under the spell of the "desperate housewives of Cary"......they bought every word hook, line and sinker. JMHO

Its the Law! if he didn't include it the Defense could argue this on appeal

You admitted yourself that you are surprised there are people here that can't see it. Perhaps the PI/defense really cannot see the necklace in the video so they wanted to highlight that for the jury?

They can have same woman out jogging on 7/12/08 witnessed by many people come in and model it.

Defense usually argues against eyewitness testimony because it is usually deemed unreliable

Does JG think these are kids right out of law school?

Thank you for the explanation. However, shouldn't the jury only consider the prosecutions actual case?

The judge will instruct the jury they are free to put what ever weight they believe on each and every witness. They are free to believe *some* testimony from one witness, while not believing other statements they have made, they are also free to judge 'if they believe a witness is lying about one thing, that all of their testimony is tainted.' They jury is instructed they are free to use their own common sense when deliberating. They are instructed on the definition of 'reasonable doubt'. Sorry, I can't recall all the standard jury instructions, but many of us have heard them many many times in the course of trail viewing, for me, over 20 years. The judge will also instruct the jury that 'opening statements and closing arguments are NOT evidence' and 'if you recall something different from what the attorney is saying, you are to go with *your* recall of the testimony.

So the State doesn't actually object to 2nd degree? Why the hell not. They built their case around nothing but 1st degree murder. They must see it as their "out" too.

Defense usually argues against eyewitness testimony because it is usually deemed unreliable

I wouldn't only include defense attorneys in your statement. All attorneys try to discount eyewitness testimony if it doesn't help their case.

The judge will instruct the jury they are free to put what ever weight they believe on each and every witness. They are free to believe *some* testimony from one witness, while not believing other statements they have made, they are also free to judge 'if they believe a witness is lying about one thing, that all of their testimony is tainted.' They jury is instructed they are free to use their own common sense when deliberating. They are instructed on the definition of 'reasonable doubt'. Sorry, I can't recall all the standard jury instructions, but many of us have heard them many many times in the course of trail viewing, for me, over 20 years. The judge will also instruct the jury that 'opening statements and closing arguments are NOT evidence' and 'if you recall something different from what the attorney is saying, you are to go with *your* recall of the testimony.

Thank you.

Really? There is evidence that the jury could consider that the dump site was being researched the day before the murder. There is evidence that the jury could consider that a router with the capabilities to help build a false alibi was in use hours before the murder. Cause of death was asphyxiation, which takes time, enough to reflect on ones action between start and end of act.

If anything, 2nd degree doesn't fit.

Unless I am completely mistaken the jury does NOT have evidence that a router capable of spoofing the call was used in hours before the murder. We have heard that information may be presented, the jury does not have that information because CF did not again take the stand.

She is not wearing the necklace. You have to watch the video, and enlarging images of videos of videos will guarantee distortion of color and added pixelation. Not even the State is arguing that she was wearing the necklace, and their view of the original video & stills was much clearer than what we see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot!