State v. Bradley Cooper 5-2-2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That presents a whole other set of circumstances such as transporting a body in broad daylight, more traffic, leaving children unattended when they are more likely to be awake, so on.

I was watching the gallery during the charge to the jury discussion. Nancy's father was sitting far forward. I wonder what the family is thinking knowing that 2nd degree is considered a reasonable verdict by the judge.

He's 3 miles from the site. Putting the TV on, he could have dumped the body and been back in no more than 15 minutes. Of course, there has been no testimony to any of that. I'm just saying I would find it more believable because I believe the 6:40 am call was from a person (and I don't believe it was from a child).

BC had an affair with HM. That was 4 weeks worth of testimony...how could you forget that?

Gee NCSU you forgot the one potato, two potato, WS theory of affairs.

One encounter naked on a couch = No affairs
two encounters, one in a closet and one in a car = Major affair

:floorlaugh:

I tend to think that Cfry not being available today really put the state between a rock and a hard place. They knew they didn't have enough rebuttal witnesses to cover a full day and there was no way they were going to ask to court to adjourn for the rest of the day to get to him tomorrow in light of the jury note late last week.

Again, I think they will concentrate on the matters of the heart in hopes the jury will be able to relate. There are many, many things in this trial that don't add up, those will probably be mentioned as well.

They are going to have to drive home the google search and piggyback off of that. Bringing up stuff like the affairs I don't think will do them any good.

All the things that someone might chalk up to coincidence would be useful to remind the jury about, IMO. At some point you have to put aside the notion that everything that happened to and around Brad Cooper that July 2008 was simply coincidence and has no relationship to the murder.

Although I recognize for some people there simply isn't enough evidence that could ever convince them, especially if there isn't a bloody crime scene, DNA match, a confession, a videotape of the murder, the perp twisting a handlebar mustache and looking evilly into a camera lens (as he confesses), and a victim who has managed to write in the dirt next to her own body the name of the perp (which then can be analyzed and determined to be her own writing/DNA). And still...some would argue that is simply not enough.

Others believe every conspiracy theory that can be postulated perhaps even including some kind of CIA plan.

Hopefully the jury will use their common sense as they go through the evidence. Both sides deserve some careful consideration.

He's 3 miles from the site. Putting the TV on, he could have dumped the body and been back in no more than 15 minutes. Of course, there has been no testimony to any of that. I'm just saying I would find it more believable because I believe the 6:40 am call was from a person (and I don't believe it was from a child).

I don't believe for a moment that a 4 year old child made a call at a pre-arranged time. There are still problems with the complete lack of evidence that Brad's vehicle was used, although that's not really significant. It could have been used, and there could still be no evidence.

I keep reading posts about how the jury feels, reading here, thinks about evidence, likes/dislikes this or the other attorney.....hopefully, this is all just opinion!!

LOL wow how DID I forget that! :doh::floorlaugh:

It appears it was only a two time thing but it is an affair, but JP and NC nekkid on the couch possibly having intimate relations in which parentage of the youngest child was later discussed wasn't an affair. :waitasec:

I want to know what to do now that we have out lives almost back? What a change it is going to be, means I have to actually do more work!

They are going to have to drive home the google search and piggyback off of that. Bringing up stuff like the affairs I don't think will do them any good.

I don't think they need to approach the affairs. There is more that they do not need to mention than otherwise. I also am wondering if the Google search should be played up since there was so much conflicting testimony related to that. Much goes back to the demographics of the jury--if the overwhelming majority of them like, appreciate, and respect law enforcement they will place a lot of weight on Det. Daniels testimony. If not, it will be negated.
I have a feeling this jury has already found him not guilty.

I tend to think that Cfry not being available today really put the state between a rock and a hard place. They knew they didn't have enough rebuttal witnesses to cover a full day and there was no way they were going to ask to court to adjourn for the rest of the day to get to him tomorrow in light of the jury note late last week.

I was thinking that too. But I can't imagine the judge not adjourning for the day because of it. If that really was smoking gun evidence, I would hate to see someone acquitted because a witness was unavailable for 1 day. Of course, we really don't know the extent of that testimony since we were blacked out on Friday.

We should make a North Carolina version of Clue. We could leave everything at initials and proceeds could go to a victim's family/children's education fund.

Blanche taylor moore could be a character, jason young, raven abaroa, michael petersen, ann miller, jeffery mcdonald.....wow, I didn't realize how long this list was going to get. And I am not even half way there.

FYI, websleuths is an AWESOME gathering place.

It is GOOD that it is mainly for victims and witnesses for the pros, etc.

I don't think we would have it any other way. I have seen way worse get forgotten in the mix of trials than we have seen here. As far as current trials go, I think it's actually one of the tamer setups.

Does this trial's use and mention of websleuths sway your posting either way? (You post more, you post less)

I was thinking that too. But I can't imagine the judge not adjourning for the day because of it. If that really was smoking gun evidence, I would hate to see someone acquitted because a witness was unavailable for 1 day. Of course, we really don't know the extent of that testimony since we were blacked out on Friday.

I agree that the judge would allow it but I don't think the state wanted to go down that road knowing how impatient this jury is. This would had allowed the defense a rebuttal witness which in turn probably drags this out for the rest of the week. And in the end, they may have thought they weren't going to get much benefit with the jury after all that (the google search sits in the same predicament).

I want to know what to do now that we have out lives almost back? What a change it is going to be, means I have to actually do more work!

I have so much catching up to do with my work and this terribly messy and cluttered house. I can never, again, be critical of the way the Cooper's house looked as mine is beginning to look just like it.
I am going to follow the JY trial on here but I will not be able to devote as much time to it as I did this one.
In my going back through old affidavits and news reports last night I discovered the motion to delay this trial. It was originally set to begin last October. So happy it didn't as that would have pushed it--and all of us-- right up to Christmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Starlitedragon