State v Bradley Cooper 5-3-11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
wow..that was pretty powerful stuff

Yes it was!

From what I have ever seen, BTK being the most infamous, they are all surprised at exactly how long it takes to choke someone to death. RIP Nancy...Justice is coming.

Your blowing it Howard. Point out Krista...show them exactly what Nancy looked like. Come on, show her with the kids. HE DID NOTHING TO MAKE THIS ABOUT NANCY.

Or how about showing a video or some pics of her and her family? Or if this was meant to be painful (what it was for the Rentz family) not working about the papers torwards the end?

This is the first trial I am watching and I am really a kind of disappointed. I thought they had more on Brad.

wow. nevermind. this is actually kinda good

It's been done this way many times. Anybody remember that wife who stabbed her husband while he was tied to the bed? The female prosecutor in that case actually had a bed in the courtroom, got on the bed, and stabbed it over a hundred times to show the jury how long it took.

Very powerful IMO. The tears were flowing thinking about it in terms of time to choke the life out of someone. Horrible.

POWERFUL CLOSE...I generally think courtroom theatrics are distasteful but I think this one really hit home the magnitude of the crime that Brad committed

If anything, Cummings's closing takes 2nd degree murder off the table in my eyes. And there's not enough evidence to convict on first degree charges.

This was more effective than his slowwwwwww talking....

The three minutes of silence was completely lost on me. Nancy had no defensive wounds, so are we to believe that she stood still for 3 minutes as she was strangled? I think not.

Well, verdict prediction?

Not what you think, what you think the jury will decide.

I still think the jury will return NG. I think both the lack of at least some of the physical evidence that should be there combined with the uncertainty of the digital forensics = NG.

I was wondering if Brad is drugged or something...just the way his eyes look.

He often has that creepy, zoned out look in this trial. I've never seen him look real aware and chipper. But he's been in jail for 2.5 years - probably has sucked any life out of him. Trial would be the highlight of my day though, so I'd have to look a little better than that you'd think.

I was wondering if Brad is drugged or something...just the way his eyes look.

This comment is not at all directed at you but goes with what you said. I can't imagine he's drugged unless they were afraid he might jump up FINALLY and profess his innocense and want to testify. :banghead:

Well, who thinks we'll have a verdict today??

45min deliberation - verdict: Not Guilty, unanimous on the first vote.

Brad will sleep comfortably at the Umstead tonight (anyone been there? They have the BEST showers. Not a big fan of the restaurant though).

wral WRAL NEWS in NC
Some of Nancy's family & friends cry as Cummings holds his neck, showing how long Nancy was likely strangled. #coopertrial
3 minutes ago

Or how about showing a video or some pics of her and her family? Or if this was meant to be painful (what it was for the Rentz family) not working about the papers torwards the end?

This is the first trial I am watching and I am really a kind of disappointed. I thought they had more on Brad.

Defense was much better at going for the emotions. I got teary eyed watching Mrs. Cooper holding up the photos for the jury. Defense did a much better job connecting with them.

The state was hostile toward everyone, jury included.

Your blowing it Howard. Point out Krista...show them exactly what Nancy looked like. Come on, show her with the kids. HE DID NOTHING TO MAKE THIS ABOUT NANCY.

Seriously, this is the post of the day. EXACTLY. He could have gotten so much mileage from this. You don't get an identical twin sister sitting in a murder trial often. Use it to show the jury - this was a person!!!

Or hell, just replay the voicemail that she left of her talking to her dad. That would allow the jury to hear her again. I'm so frustrated with the direction the prosecution took in this whole case and the closing.

wral WRAL NEWS in NC
Some of Nancy's family & friends cry as Cummings holds his neck, showing how long Nancy was likely strangled. #coopertrial
3 minutes ago

I feel they were talked to in advance about how Cummings was gong to close so they would be prepared. Doesn't take the pain away but I don't think they were surprised by it.

wral WRAL NEWS in NC
Defense & prosecution have finished their closing arguments. Jury taking a short break. Then judge will give them instructions. #coopertrial
2 minutes ago

This comment is not at all directed at you but goes with what you said. I can't imagine he's drugged unless they were afraid he might jump up FINALLY and profess his innocense and want to testify. :banghead:

He already did testify. The 6 hour long interrogation by A. Stubbs fed questions from police.

Not sure how they would have managed without the after-the-fact google search find.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdw1990