State v Bradley Cooper 5-3-11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a juror who won't be able to fulfill her committment. One alternate will be required.

I think AF and Boz are terrific and that they have given their all to this case. Approximately three weeks ago I wrote an email and told someone (in office) that if Cummings was going to do very much of the questioning and/or closing, he would lose this case for them.

Mr. Cummings is someone I do not care for and would not socialize with at all, but I do believe his heart is in the right place. He believes in what he is doing.

The best part of his closing argument was at the very last where he was showing just how long it would take to strangle Nancy. I am convinced with everything in me that Brad Cooper murdered Nancy. If Brad Cooper walks, I believe that it will be because of Cummings closing. It was not powerful enough. He did not keep Nancy, her daughters, and Nancy's family front and center as he should have. I was sitting here wondering when he was going to do that, and he did not. I am angry.

This is just my opinion and the way I see it.

I still think the jury will return NG. I think both the lack of at least some of the physical evidence that should be there combined with the uncertainty of the digital forensics = NG.

Neither option will surprise me. A better closing by the state would have led me to believe they would come back guilty more than NG.

Well ... ahhhhhhhhhh ... what exactly is he trying to say?

i wonder if any members of the jury cried?

It's interesting that the criticism of the closings falls straight down BDI/IUPG lines.

I have lurked here since the very early days in 2008 and have followed every single development in this case since then. I am shocked at the case in general and at the closing arguments today. When this trial began I was certain that he did it and while I still think that is likely - if I were on the jury I would have to vote NG based on the lack of evidence presented. I really just can't believe it.

With everyone pointing out what would and wouldn't affect the jury, for instance lies or the close by the state, does anyone think for a second the fact that BC didn't testify to clear up all of his discrepancies or respond to allegations won't play on the jury's mind a little? I would be thinking that he is scared to get caught in a lie. That would also make me think guilty.

There is a juror who won't be able to fulfill her committment. One alternate will be required.

That's a disappointment for the juror I'm sure; sit thru all this stuff and not be able to render a verdict.

Really, I'm the sappiest person out there and didn't find any emotion or power at all in this ending. The thought of a mother of young children losing her life makes me want to cry - but the story needed to be told and it wasn't.

Why did HM need to be discussed? Especially at the end. I thought it was horrible. And I hate BC.

BBM
That makes us two.

I posted this earlier, but thought I'd repeat. On the ABC news website, you have the ability to sign up for a text alert for breaking news. This is handy for all of us that are not local.

It's interesting that the criticism of the closings falls straight down BDI/IUPG lines.

I think the Brad is guilty people did give credit to the Defense (Trenkle)...I thought he did a very effective job. I do think the State wasn't that effective...they had a few good moments. The delivery was ineffective and they missed the opportunity to appeal to the human side. I just hope they did enough. I think going last was a huge bonus.

Respectfully, I disagree..I would word it as BDI vs Brad is innocent at ALL costs/evidence/whatever. Hey, it is my opinion.

My criticism about the lack of returning the focus to NC is not at all based on how I feel about this case. I'm concerned as a citizen of Wake County about how this trial has gone. I'm concerned about some of the tactics of the prosecution team. I'm very concerned about some of the actions of CPD. I'm concerned that Bradley Cooper, who is most likely guilty of killing Nancy Cooper, is going to go free because of sloppy police work and ineffective prosecution.

I think AF and Boz are terrific and that they have given their all to this case. Approximately three weeks ago I wrote an email and told someone (in office) that if Cummings was going to do very much of the questioning and/or closing, he would lose this case for them.

Mr. Cummings is someone I do not care for and would not socialize with at all, but I do believe his heart is in the right place. He believes in what he is doing.

The best part of his closing argument was at the very last where he was showing just how long it would take to strangle Nancy. I am convinced with everything in me that Brad Cooper murdered Nancy. If Brad Cooper walks, I believe that it will be because of Cummings closing. It was not powerful enough. He did not keep Nancy, her daughters, and Nancy's family front and center as he should have. I was sitting here wondering when he was going to do that, and he did not. I am angry.

This is just my opinion and the way I see it.

LALaw, I have a very close friend in the Attorney General's office and I pretty much said the very same thing to her about Cummings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966