State v Bradley Cooper 5-3-11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
who thinks we'll get a verdict today?

Not me. I don't even know how this works either. Do they deliberate 9:30-5 until they make a decision? Is there a time limit set at which point they would consider it a hung jury?

wral WRAL NEWS in NC
Judge: Jury must reach unanimous verdict of guilty of 1st-degree murder, guilty of 2nd-degree murder or not guilty. #coopertrial
4 minutes ago

This trial proved only one sure fact: That Nancy Cooper was killed with deadly malice, some time on July 12th, 2008.

To sustain a conviction the Prosecution should have, based on the evidence already provided:

First: A demonstration of how a 32 second call could have been spoofed. This would have required only a land line phone, router, laptop, and cell phone. Such a demonstration would have shown that BC COULD have spoofed the 6:40 AM Call. The

Pros did not do this, because it was simply not possible, and would have left a trace on the IBM think pad.......

Second: The prosecution should have shown how an invalid time stamp could have been created, without tampering. If invalid time stamps can be created by simple computer/operating system errors, then the defenses contentions over tampering would be dispelled.

The fact that they did not do this, means that tampering is possible, by persons unknown.

All other evidence can remain exactly the same, and BC could and would be found guilty, by all, without much controversy.

Putting the shoe on the other foot, would all those who believe Brad is guilty, how would you feel if your brother, friend or loved one was accused of murder, and this was all they had?????

Not me. I don't even know how this works either. Do they deliberate 9:30-5 until they make a decision? Is there a time limit set at which point they would consider it a hung jury?

i don't think it will be today either..............as to how it works..........it's up to the judge and the jury too for that matter.........

some let then stay as long as they need to if they want to and some judges make them quit at a certain time due to overhead costs of overtime, etc.

i hope he lets them go late! i'm ready for this verdict already

It was my understanding that if I use the "bold" function within a quote I have to indicate so by stating BBM - bolded by me.

I can be wrong and if so I am sorry.

No, that makes perfect sense. I'm sorry for having to ask. I can usually figure stuff like that out. Thanks.

I am torn. We don't have the jury system over here and one part of me thinks it is a good way to find justice; beeing judged by peers.

The other part of me thinks, god forbid me being on this jury. I would have no idea. Thinking that he did it but yet thinking there is no reasonable doubt?

Either way, the verdict will leave a bad taste.

JMO.

wral WRAL NEWS in NC
Juror has scheduling conflict Thurs. & will be dismissed. Alt juror will step in so deliberations can go into Thurs. if needed. #coopertrial
1 minute ago

No matter what the verdict, I really *really* hope at least a few of the jurors will agree to speak with the press and tell us what they thought about everyone/everything involved in this case. What they found important/not important. PLEASE!

Perhaps a Cinco de Mayo verdict.

wral WRAL NEWS in NC
Juror has scheduling conflict Thurs. & will be dismissed. Alt juror will step in so deliberations can go into Thurs. if needed. #coopertrial
1 minute ago

if the dismissed juror was male............now the jury is 11-1 female/male ratio

wral WRAL NEWS in NC
1 minute ago

Geez, can you imagine having sat through this entire trial as a juror, only to be dismissed right before deliberations?

No matter what the verdict, I really *really* hope at least a few of the jurors will agree to speak with the press and tell us what they thought about everyone/everything involved in this case. What they found important/not important. PLEASE!

oh me too! i love when jurors do that, to give us a glimpse into their deliberations

I too feel sad for the Rentz's for their loss and the State's closing today. We can only hope that if a NG is found they can go on and be ok. I mean that deeply.

This trial proved only one sure fact: That Nancy Cooper was killed with deadly malice, some time on July 12th, 2008.

To sustain a conviction the Prosecution should have, based on the evidence already provided:

First: A demonstration of how a 32 second call could have been spoofed. This would have required only a land line phone, router, laptop, and cell phone. Such a demonstration would have shown that BC COULD have spoofed the 6:40 AM Call. The

Pros did not do this, because it was simply not possible, and would have left a trace on the IBM think pad.......

Second: The prosecution should have shown how an invalid time stamp could have been created, without tampering. If invalid time stamps can be created by simple computer/operating system errors, then the defenses contentions over tampering would be dispelled.

The fact that they did not do this, means that tampering is possible, by persons unknown.

All other evidence can remain exactly the same, and BC could and would be found guilty, by all, without much controversy.

Putting the shoe on the other foot, would all those who believe Brad is guilty, how would you feel if your brother, friend or loved one was accused of murder, and this was all they had?????

And how would you feel if this were your sister and you thought he would walk out of court a free man after murdering your twin sister?

I too feel sad for the Rentz's for their loss and the State's closing today. We can only hope that if a NG is found they can go on and be ok. I mean that deeply.

If he is found NG, their hell really begins when they have to give those children back to his murderous hands. God please forbid that happening!

If he is found NG, their hell really begins when they have to give those children back to his murderous hands. God please forbid that happening!

You are right and that brings tears to my eyes. I haven't been so interested in a trial since Laci Peterson and forgot how emotional it all can be.

And how would you feel if this were your sister and you thought he would walk out of court a free man after murdering your twin sister?

I would be pissed that the prosecution did not it do it's job, by not addressing the two small and proveable (if the underlying assumptions are indeed correct) items I mentioned.

If you cannot prove those two items then BC is not the killer, or he is the killer and he did not do it alone. In either case justice has not been served....

Are they allowed to interview this dismissed juror about his thoughts? That would be interesting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966