State v Bradley Cooper 5-3-11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The prosecution seems convinced that it's a first degree murder, but I agreed with the defense closing remarks on this point. A search for that type of location is not done in 41 seconds. It requires some careful consideration. We discussed this earlier and it made sense that Brad had scouted the area on bike, and then did a final check using google maps on July 11. Still, that wasn't presented in court. There are also problems with the time stamps on the maps, and I don't fully understand whether some zooming was done after entering the zip code, or whether there was clear information that the drainage ditch was specifically zoomed.

None of it matters to me anymore after hearing that Brad entered his bank accounts and other personal places before and after--within moments--of that Google search. That hit me hard, I had not heard that before, and any mysteries surrounded the Google search pretty much disappeared for me after hearing that today.

You know that for a fact or is that what you want to believe?

I do not believe there is a way that this *could* be done without leaving a trace somewhere. I will gladly concede the point if you would like to prove me otherwise. Through any method used, whether a fax, or a router with an FXO, a digital trail would be left on the computer, the router, or the server (if used through Cisco). I understand that you believe he would have thrown those items away--but there would still be a trail on those items.

None of it matters to me anymore after hearing that Brad entered his bank accounts and other personal places before and after--within moments--of that Google search. That hit me hard, I had not heard that before, and any mysteries surrounded the Google search pretty much disappeared for me after hearing that today.

Why? Because there is innocuous internet history means that the map file wasn't planted? Nothing else had 100% invalid timestamps, except for that ONE google map search. And nothing was done immediately after that search. The closest in time internet history was after he returned from lunch.

I will admit, I was les than impressed with Cummings in his delivery. But I could see his emotions, and I could see with years of experience under his belt, he was perhaps just frustrated with the debate over what he sees to be a totally guilty verdict.

But his ending killed me. I still have a lump in my throat, perhaps because I have been strangled before, and know what is going through someones mind when it is happening. But what sold me more than anything else was when I watched the ending again, and saw BC's expression. Can you see how much he blinks? That is supposed to be a sign of lying, and some researchers will disagree with that, but the only thing I know, is that I could not tear my eyes away. At first, I thought Cummings had totally lost his mind, and didn't know where he was. (Not saying this to be funny...but i don't think you will hold it against me for thinking that.)

And then, when I knew what was going on, my eyes were glued, and Brad's were blinking away, along with that smirk, that made me feel so sick to my stomach. No matter what anyone has thougt to this point, seeing his reaction made me feel sick. The thought of him going free over disorganization in the Pro's trial makes me sick. You could almost see him remembering the act in that moment. It was horrible, and I wish I had never seen it, because the thought of him going free due to CPD mistakes or pros errors makes me want to cry.

If he had not done that to her, there would have been a semblance of emotion seeing the act from the killer's point of view, and waiting out the time. Yet again, there was nothing. Even if he hated NC so much he couldn't grieve her death, at least he would have shown emotion at the possible killer in those last moments for his own presevation.

Instead, he blinks as if he has a hair in his eye....

I saw exactly the same things you did, thought the very same thoughts, and drew my own conclusions without a doubt that Brad Cooper is guilty. I watched those blinks--some were slower than others, the slower ones were his emotional blinks......when something was said that stirred his near-dead soul.
So yes, I know exactly what you saw, and what you thought. I saw and felt the very same things.

I do not believe there is a way that this *could* be done without leaving a trace somewhere. I will gladly concede the point if you would like to prove me otherwise. Through any method used, whether a fax, or a router with an FXO, a digital trail would be left on the computer, the router, or the server (if used through Cisco). I understand that you believe he would have thrown those items away--but there would still be a trail on those items.

Why was the router discarded? If the defense could find "the ducks", why didn't they find the router? Why didn't they find the shoes Brad was wearing in that HT video?

But the google search is suspect because of the invalid time stamps so it can't be trusted. You saw the GM proof, right?

To me, there's enough to show that it's not reliable evidence.

And it's been discussed that the strange cookie associated with this search could have been traced to the person who did the search via google. So why didn't the state subpoena google to verify it? That would have put an end to all the mystery surrounding the odd characteristics of the files.

Why was the router discarded? If the defense could find "the ducks", why didn't they find the router? Why didn't they find the shoes Brad was wearing in that HT video?

In the words of Mr. Trenkle "It's not their job to prove the State's case for them."

And there's absolutely no proof that the router was discarded, if there ever was one in the house on July 12. Detective Young testified that he couldn't be sure what the shoes at Harris Teeter looks like, and they never asked for them prior to arresting Brad, when he would have been incapable of giving them the shoes. They never noted the absence of the shoes prior to testimony in this trial. It's funny how many things are characterized as "missing" and they simply weren't collected by CPD (the ducks) or ever even in the house to begin with. But Nancy's shoes and shorts, those aren't considered "missing".

We don't know where the router is. Maybe in a landfill, maybe somewhere in a Cisco lab/office, maybe at someone else's home, who knows? The call server would have been running on the router itself, so the trace would have gone with it. There was no need in going through Cisco. In fact, I see no way that he could have achieved it by going through Cisco. I fail to see a reason that there would be info left on the laptop if he simply telnet'd or ssh'd to the router.

The prosecution seems convinced that it's a first degree murder, but I agreed with the defense closing remarks on this point. A search for that type of location is not done in 41 seconds. It requires some careful consideration. We discussed this earlier and it made sense that Brad had scouted the area on bike, and then did a final check using google maps on July 11. Still, that wasn't presented in court. There are also problems with the time stamps on the maps, and I don't fully understand whether some zooming was done after entering the zip code, or whether there was clear information that the drainage ditch was specifically zoomed.

Do yourself a favor and pull up a google map of 27518 in sat view. 27518 brings you directly over the west side of Lochmere. Zoom in once. See that tan area on Fielding Drive (2011 now, not 2008..still)? It grabs your attention because of the color. Says to me...residential construction area. Took me 10 secs to recognize an area of potential opportunity...that had to be not far from home.

Well, if you had an IT background you'd feel differently. Look at people who release viruses into the wild like the Melissa virus. The guy went to all kinds of extremes to cover his tracks and he still got caught with DIGITAL FORENSICS.. the guy that leaked The Hulk movie to the Internet before it was even in the theater, caught using DIGITAL FORENSICS.

They have ZERO forensics that he did this. NOTHING. No server log entries, nothing. Maybe they waited too long to pursue it and the logs were gone.. I dont know. It just doesnt sit right with me because this is the kind of stuff I do every day and there is always a trail without going through a TON of cleanup, more than Im fairly certain most of you realize.

I just dont believe the guy is smart enough to pull that off and leave a Google search result on his PC.

Thank you! This is exactly what I have been saying!

And it does why? This guy is covering tracks. Did you watch the HT videos of him in the store. The guy was like a maniac watching his steps, looking behind him, looking at his phone. Sorry not normal. That phone call was made just as explained. Sorry to disagree but watching the HT videos and knowing now he took the router to prove it, that's all for me.

I thought he looked calm and nonchalant in the store.

I will admit, I was les than impressed with Cummings in his delivery. But I could see his emotions, and I could see with years of experience under his belt, he was perhaps just frustrated with the debate over what he sees to be a totally guilty verdict.

But his ending killed me. I still have a lump in my throat, perhaps because I have been strangled before, and know what is going through someones mind when it is happening. But what sold me more than anything else was when I watched the ending again, and saw BC's expression. Can you see how much he blinks? That is supposed to be a sign of lying, and some researchers will disagree with that, but the only thing I know, is that I could not tear my eyes away. At first, I thought Cummings had totally lost his mind, and didn't know where he was. (Not saying this to be funny...but i don't think you will hold it against me for thinking that.)

And then, when I knew what was going on, my eyes were glued, and Brad's were blinking away, along with that smirk, that made me feel so sick to my stomach. No matter what anyone has thougt to this point, seeing his reaction made me feel sick. The thought of him going free over disorganization in the Pro's trial makes me sick. You could almost see him remembering the act in that moment. It was horrible, and I wish I had never seen it, because the thought of him going free due to CPD mistakes or pros errors makes me want to cry.

If he had not done that to her, there would have been a semblance of emotion seeing the act from the killer's point of view, and waiting out the time. Yet again, there was nothing. Even if he hated NC so much he couldn't grieve her death, at least he would have shown emotion at the possible killer in those last moments for his own presevation.

What chilled me was the smirk on BC's face while NC's mom sobbed. Several of us saw it and commented on it at the same time.

I thought when Boz put all the equipment up on the stand line up and then showed the dusty empty space in his office was very effective. <snip>

Did you notice the difference between the two pictures he showed of the dusty empty space. What appears to be a blow dryer is in one of the pictures but not in the other. There is absolutely no telling what might have made that shelf dusty in some areas and not in others. The shelf above has some clean/dusty spots too. Not big enough to be a router tho.

Why? Because there is innocuous internet history means that the map file wasn't planted? Nothing else had 100% invalid timestamps, except for that ONE google map search. And nothing was done immediately after that search. The closest in time internet history was after he returned from lunch.

You have the tech background and I respect your thoughts. However, nobody, with all the technological background, experience and education in the world can convince me that the Google search was simply dropped in between his bank account and his retirement account or whatever else he looked at. All within a couple of moments of each other. I will never believe it. He was doing personal stuff, at work, on his work computer, and the Google search landed in between two bank accounts. It's not a coincidence and it's not planted evidence.

True, if someone's going to go through the trouble of planting the map search, they were smart to make sure that it was at or around a time that he was known to be at his computer accessing the internet.

I don't know enough about computers to say one way or the other and I can't even imagine to begin to think how the jury must feel without having the benefit of all the information provided here.

Very good post. I felt much of what you wrote. The silence left me me filled with sadness and made my mind go to horrible images. When you count time......it is endless. It showed her death was long and terrifying. I wish we knew how the jurors were reacting. I can't imagine anyone not being haunted during those minutes....

In the words of Mr. Trenkle "It's not their job to prove the State's case for them."

And there's absolutely no proof that the router was discarded, if there ever was one in the house on July 12. Detective Young testified that he couldn't be sure what the shoes at Harris Teeter looks like, and they never asked for them prior to arresting Brad, when he would have been incapable of giving them the shoes. They never noted the absence of the shoes prior to testimony in this trial. It's funny how many things are characterized as "missing" and they simply weren't collected by CPD (the ducks) or ever even in the house to begin with. But Nancy's shoes and shorts, those aren't considered "missing".

That was when they found a "missing" piece of evidence. The state asserts that the shoes and the router were discarded. If they were not discarded, the defense could have had a MUCH bigger AHA moment than they did with the ducks. Why didn't they? Where are those shoes? Where is the router?

We don't know where the router is. Maybe in a landfill, maybe somewhere in a Cisco lab/office, maybe at someone else's home, who knows? The call server would have been running on the router itself, so the trace would have gone with it. There was no need in going through Cisco. In fact, I see no way that he could have achieved it by going through Cisco. I fail to see a reason that there would be info left on the laptop if he simply telnet'd or ssh'd to the router.

And you'd like a conviction based on speculation where a possible router is??

That is one thing I noticed about the prosecution's closing today--they still didn't give a believable story. Cummings stated "we don't know when she died." They still didn't pinpoint time of death, location, how it happened, why it happened. If they can't tell us what happened when they're ARGUING their case, how can there possibly be proof beyond a reasonable doubt. Absolutely convinced?

7)( This isn't really a lie, but very misleading. ) Cummings put up the turkey trot photo and said the photo was several years old when referring to her shoes and shorts that were never found....but at the time of the murder, the photo was only 7 months old.

8) Boz said that "none of the experts here said there was tampering". JW did in a roundabout way, with the little he was able to because Boz himself blocked anyone from discussing it. I thought that was pretty sleazy that he was the reason the experts were not able to discuss the data logs in depth and then he made it sound like defense wasn't able to get an expert to testify to confirm the tampering. Very unethical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli