State v Bradley Cooper 5-3-11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shall we make a running list of lies told in the prosecution closing arguments? I'll just put in the first bullet, and let everyone else add:

1) BC was one of 157 VoIP experts in the world

2) Cisco witness, PG, said there was software that could be used to spoof a call and no matter what you did it was 23 seconds (i.e. identical to the 23 second call at 6:05).

3) A VOIP expert is also an expert on wireless phones.

4) That there was not a pair of missing shoes, when every detective testified that the shoes in the Turkey Trot photo from November of 2006 were missing.

5) That entomology was based on lots of larvae, when the ento testified it was based on 2.

6) That a 3825 would have possibly fit in the spot with missing dust (alright, this is mostly misleading, but it counts as a lie).

Anyone else care to add?

He lied about the google searches on the 12th being done on the thinkpad instead of the mac.

He lied about the length of a spoofed call being 23 seconds instead of 22 seconds.

They checked one guy's inventory last Monday. And it conflicted with a report out of Chicago, that said "hey, we got this router in September of 2008." Same serial number.

And I don't count after BC is arrested as "way back in the beginning." Because he was no longer capable of complying with their requests. And frankly, I doubt he would want to.

I'm sorry, where is this "report from Chicago"? Secondly...Sept 2008 is after July 12..is it not? That's the only day that a jury needs to believe that BC had a Cisco router with an FXO port.

I'm sorry, where is this "report from Chicago"? Secondly...Sept 2008 is after July 12..is it not? That's the only day that a jury needs to believe that BC had a Cisco router with an FXO port.

Listen to Miglucci's testimony.

And that's the point. If it's not delivered until September 2008, how is it relevant to a July 12 phone call? Is it really missing?

Sorry, I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

I thought there was a discussion about this the other night that if the call was made through the Cisco Managed call system, there would be record.

But if it was made directly through the router, the person would have to be in close proximity.

NCSU95 or SleuthinNC, is that right?

If they simply changed the system date in the registry everything from the original date say July 14th now becomes July 11th.

Does anyone know if he after he entered 27518 he zoomed right to fielding dr. or was it just part of an overall search where he panned around and zoomed in elsewhere? all we really got the benefit of today was the 4 tiles pieced together, but we know that's not the whole search process. just curious.

That's not true. That's the only "expert" that we saw. The prosecution had two that we did not get to see but the jury did. They also saw all of their exhibits which we did not get to see.
I think that you misunderstood what I was saying. My point was that the one "expert" that the defense put on the stand to claim that there was something wrong with the computer evidence could have been trivially proven to be not so much an expert. But, the prosecution didn't take the opportunity to do that.

Does anyone know if he after he entered 27518 he zoomed right to fielding dr. or was it just part of an overall search where he panned around and zoomed in elsewhere? all we really got the benefit of today was the 4 tiles pieced together, but we know that's not the whole search process. just curious.

All I can say is that the defense showed us the same zoomed search, right to Fielding Drive.

I thought there was a discussion about this the other night that if the call was made through the Cisco Managed call system, there would be record.

But if it was made directly through the router, the person would have to be in close proximity.

NCSU95 or SleuthinNC, is that right?
Using the call server on the router and distance from the house are orthogonal issues.

I have a feeling after this trial is over and done, that there will be tighter security at Cisco with respect to their inventory and where it is at all times.

I agree, as BC's buddy was explaining his inventory logging system and then the fact that router was missing and multiple people had keys, I couldn't help think about this guy's bosses getting redfaced about the lack of controls and the obvious loss of an $11k piece of equipment.

If he walks free it won't surprise me in the least to hear, down the road, that another 'spouse' of his goes missing and is found dead. That smirk, that complete lack of empathy for a dead Nancy, who was strangled so cruelly, that painted a picture far more grim. The jury may have been looking right at him to see his reaction during those 3 min. And what they saw may have made a very clear impression on them. I know it made an impression on me.

Do I think he committed this murder? Oh yes. Do I think he's capable of doing it again if he gets away with this one? Yep.

Your posts are so dramatic.

If he walks free it's because there is no proof that he killed. There is no proof because he didn't do it.

All I can say is that the defense showed us the same zoomed search, right to Fielding Drive.

Yep--this is right. And was part of the defense reason that it's not logical. It's a beeline straight to Fielding Drive, no wavering. Each page populates tiles completely. And it's 41 seconds total, with 2-3 seconds at Fielding Drive (per Chappell) before the browser is closed. Doesn't make sense if you're looking for a place to drop a body.

I think that you misunderstood what I was saying. My point was that the one "expert" that the defense put on the stand to claim that there was something wrong with the computer evidence could have been trivially proven to be not so much an expert. But, the prosecution didn't take the opportunity to do that.

Gotcha! What I didn't understand is why the defense didn't go with the guy who clearly had the credentials (but wasn't given much of the evidence to analyze) in the first place.

We don't know where the router is. Maybe in a landfill, maybe somewhere in a Cisco lab/office, maybe at someone else's home, who knows? The call server would have been running on the router itself, so the trace would have gone with it. There was no need in going through Cisco. In fact, I see no way that he could have achieved it by going through Cisco. I fail to see a reason that there would be info left on the laptop if he simply telnet'd or ssh'd to the router.

There would be a TCP connection entry in the CSA log if he accessed the router via telnet or ssh from the laptop.

So you can agree that it would have been no big deal for BC to accomplish this.

Please don't forget that Brad was not a faithful husband. It is possible, that this 'spoofing' was done on other occasions prior to this particular weekend.

Here's the core of the Prosecution's case:

Nancy Cooper, Mother of two was horribly strangled on July 12th, 2008:

But we don't know where she was killed. But trust us, it was in the house, somewhere.

We don't really know what time she was killed. But trust us it was sometime after midnight but before 11 am...

We do know that her husband Brad did the deed, but we have no evidence he transported her body in any vehicle available to him. But trust us, cause we know what we know even if we cannot prove it.

He spoofed a call @ 6:40 to provide himself an alibi, even though our lead detective said on the stand "we have no evidence he spoofed the call", but trust us he did, even if we never proved it .

And Brad did a google search of the dump site, the day before the murder, but the time stamps are all invalid, therefore it's Microsoft's fault, even though we never put a witness on the stand to prove it was just a computer glitch. But trust us, cause were the prosecution, and were the good guys.

And you folks want to convict a man on this evidence???? Are you all crazy or just delusional??????

Yep--this is right. And was part of the defense reason that it's not logical. It's a beeline straight to Fielding Drive, no wavering. Each page populates tiles completely. And it's 41 seconds total, with 2-3 seconds at Fielding Drive (per Chappell) before the browser is closed. Doesn't make sense if you're looking for a place to drop a body.

It makes sense if you have already physically visited the site but want to see what it looks like from overhead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Double