State v Bradley Cooper 5-3-11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But she wasn't in regular contact with her attorney over the previous few months. There was no indication she was trying to rush the divorce.

She had communicated with her attorney......Brad wouldn't agree and sign.

While discussing the 3825 router, which, by the way is used in commercial applications. My husband said his customers use these and he would never use one for home applications. Why, if he needed a router to spoof this call, would he not grab one from the reo-depot at Cisco (the place where old, outdated equipment goes when it's no longer being used)? It would be smaller, it would not be traceable to him and it would get the job done.

In early 2008 would they have had routers with that capability classified as outdated? I assumed he took it home as it had the capability he wanted, was easily accessible and didn't cost anything. He was going to swap it later however it appears he never returned it.

Calling the attorney costs money and she had none.

Good grief, one of the attorneys mentioned a $275.00 per hour rate for A.S. and then mentioned her esteemed law firm or something to that effect.
In my next life I know what I want to be.

I thought the discussion of the blood alcohol content being only .06 is a good argument for her having slept, woken up and went jogging for it to have gone down that low. Her body had time to process it. The others at the party said she had several drinks. Her BAC should have been higher from the autopsy if she was killed right when she got home.

That's BS. I believe AS testified that she paid (through her parents) a $7500 retainer? There's no way, even at AS's billing rates, that she had gone through it that quickly. Not only that, AS testified that she would not have stopped working on the case if NC was out of funds in her trust account. If she wanted to get things rolling quicker, she could have instructed AS to file a lawsuit.

I disagree. I thought it fell flat. And heard there were no jurors crying, which is really all that matters.

HMMM...quite the opposite for me. Jurors maybe weren't crying but that doesn't mean they weren't affected deeply.

What I took from the discussion was GM found a box on which he had written Jan 2008 and had an entry in his own database.

The chat said BC took home A 3825 which could have just as easily been the 3825 which is not missing.

GM claimed to not know what was in the document Kurtz showed him, of course GM also claimed not to know ethernet interfaces had MAC addresses. He seems to have interesting knowledge gaps.

And how come the super smoking gun information that BC had used this "missing" router on his home network on the night of July 11th went *POOF* into thin air?

Sketchy at best.

That's a HUGE stretch, IMO. Those boxes have labels with identifying serial numbers, etc. on them.

While discussing the 3825 router, which, by the way is used in commercial applications. My husband said his customers use these and he would never use one for home applications. Why, if he needed a router to spoof this call, would he not grab one from the reo-depot at Cisco (the place where old, outdated equipment goes when it's no longer being used)? It would be smaller, it would not be traceable to him and it would get the job done.

It would be traceable to him. Any sale has to be logged for accounting, billing and tax reasons, new equipment or used, outdated, refurb, etc.

You would have to ask Brad, but it is in evidence that he did, back in January of 2008, take home a 3825 router to use in his home.

That's not how I remember it. I don't think it's ever been established that he took the 3825 home. It probably never left the lab.

They had him on the list from the beginning but didn't use him. Why?

They did not have him on the list. He watched the testimony, saw that things were twisted every which way but right and offered his services.

It would be traceable to him. Any sale has to be logged for accounting, billing and tax reasons, new equipment or used, outdated, refurb, etc.

No, the equipment I'm talking about can be taken free, not even signed out at Cisco.

Also factor in only one murder per year or so. I think this type of case would be tricky for more seasoned PDs. My guess is that CPD will change COMPLETELY how they handle what amounts to gossip. I hope they become more methodical when investigating.

I hope they do too. That would be one of the best things that could come out of this fustercluck.

I thought the discussion of the blood alcohol content being only .06 is a good argument for her having slept, woken up and went jogging for it to have gone down that low. Her body had time to process it. The others at the party said she had several drinks. Her BAC should have been higher from the autopsy if she was killed right when she got home.

I think .06 is high, given that your body can process a drink an hour for a woman. To me that says, she didn't have much time since the last drink. Am I not understanding the numbers?

They were trying to get a Greencard for her with Cisco's help. Kinda hard to do if you are getting a divorce. She was there because she was married to him...who was there because of Cisco. An ex-wife to be isn't getting Cisco's help and a Greencard isn't as likely.

So you just proved that she wasn't rushing to divorce any longer.

You should go back and listen again....Both were received at the same time as per the testimony and the inventory records. They can find one of them but the other one...that Brad borrowed has never been found. The paper record was not accurate.

I find it more likely that GM's empty box and homegrown database inventory system are not accurate. Remember he was already slighted that BC would dare take a phone call when he was having lunch with him.

And Brad quickly made sure she didn't make any extra to pay for that attorney, didn't he? Painting surely wasn't going to be extra, not when he started deducting the paint $ from the allowance. He was making sure she couldn't pay for an attorney. And people wonder why she was keeping painting plans from him.

I disagree. I thought it fell flat. And heard there were no jurors crying, which is really all that matters.

There were no jurors crying because the state forgot to include the victim in their closing. :banghead:

That's not how I remember it. I don't think it's ever been established that he took the 3825 home. It probably never left the lab.

It was in the rebuttal by the state. They put the chat log up on the screen. Brad told GM that he had taken home a 3825. He asked GM if he needed it and if he did he would bring it back. They joked about "thief" and so on. It was during the Monday rebuttal, first witness up.

Paying for your kids living with you is totally different lifestyle than if she left with the kids. He would basically be paying for 2 houses.
If she left him he would have to pay for child support and alimony. He would not even try to negotiate after she said 2100 for child support so they never got that far. He knew he would be paying her a lot of his income and then having to live in a van down by the river and he wasn't up for that.

That's not true. They would have to negotiate the agreement. Paying alimony is not a reason to kill someone. People get divorces all the time. He made decent money. She was trying to get a green card so she could work too.

Where is it now then? All the paper work indicates he did take it home but didn't return it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member