State vs Bradley Cooper 4-21-11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And they would have phone numbers to and from. They have a trail. They can show that *advertiser censored*-xxxx called at whatever time and left a voicemail. If they don't have the actual voicemail message it is no different than not have the actual phone call back and forth between two people on the phone. They still have evidence that communication was made. Bring it on.

Yes, but the messages were so important. CPD should have cracked into that phone the very morning she was missing.

Believe in order to get google earth, you have to download it. In order to do so, you must set up an account. From my recollection. In fact, I tried to put it on my work computer today and it wanted me to set up an account for it and I don't have administrator rights on the system to do it :(
As I said, I on a laptop now (running Windoze Vista, if that matters) that I installed Google Earth on earlier this week when someone here posted that it lets you look at historical maps by date. I have no Google account because I don't like their data mining and hence refuse to get one.

What it sounds like you are describing is permissions/accounts on your computer, not on Google.

Right, what you are describing makes more sense to me. If you continue getting the password wrong, the phone software assumes that it may be someone up to no good so it locks itself down even tighter. I don't follow why a phone would reward you for not knowing the password by blowing everything away.

Suppose you and your husband are in "hate mode" and you've got a lot of valuable information on your Blackberry. Well, when you go to take a shower (can't take the phone in there with you), the husband gets your BB and does this 10 failed password thing and blows away all of that important info that you had. He's happy, you're screwed.
Exactly - makes no sense to me that the phone would be wiped clean just from attempting to break into it. I think after so many tries it probably tells you you're locked out and you need to contact your carrier for further help. My old phone did that - it had a password when you powered the phone on. If you got it wrong like 3 times you had to call TMobile to get it unlocked.

As I said, I on a laptop now (running Windoze Vista, if that matters) that I installed Google Earth on earlier this week when someone here posted that it lets you look at historical maps by date. I have no Google account because I don't like their data mining and hence refuse to get one.

What it sounds like you are describing is permissions/accounts on your computer, not on Google.

Me neither! I use Scroogle scraper for searches unless I need the maps.

Ok so for this Food Lion guy, did they check bank statements to find out if she actually shopped there. She does have a familiar face, he could have just thought he saw her. I just don't find any of these people reliable at this point and I have a feeling she did not go to that Food Lion often., She lived close so I bet she had been there at some point for something quick but probably shopped at HT.

That Food Lion is very close to the Preschool. In fact the preschool is behind the store. I imagine, Nancy may have run into there for any odds/ends just because it was close by/convenient, but I don't imagine that it would have been her regular store.

No one needs to go that far. Defense is showing the pattern of how CPD handled witnesses - ignored them. This isn't about trying to discredit people who believed they saw her. In fact, Detective Hayes thought he saw someone matching her description that morning too. Lots of people thought they saw her. CPD had tunnel vision.

That's the problem. They did not ignore them. In every case they took ALL of their information. The witnesses decided that they should have been contacted again. I'm not sure why they felt this was necessary. In each case they had the number to contact to add to the information already given if they remembered something else. What did the police not follow up on?

Actually, voicemail is not stored on the phone. It is stored on a server for your carrier. I can access my voicemail from anywhere... just need to call my phone, hit either pound or star (I haven't done it in a while so I don't recall) and then enter my pin. Then I have complete access.

Yes, but the messages were so important. CPD should have cracked into that phone the very morning she was missing.

How are the messages any more important than voice communication over the phone? What did Brad already know was on that phone that he wanted preserved to help his case?

Me neither! I use Scroogle scraper for searches unless I need the maps.
Well, I do use Google and Google Maps all the time. But, I just don't have an account and therefore don't log in, so they can mine all the data that they want, but they can't tie it to a specific person.

I wouldn't dare install Google Desktop, however. That just gives them the ability to mine all of the info that they want to off of your PC.

No one needs to go that far. Defense is showing the pattern of how CPD handled witnesses - ignored them. This isn't about trying to discredit people who believed they saw her. In fact, Detective Hayes thought he saw someone matching her description that morning too. Lots of people thought they saw her. CPD had tunnel vision.[/QUOTE

We could argue you about this all day lo;

1) RZ probably saw a jogger but also only saw her for a second and then just thought it had to be the girl missing. Never saw her before so she didn't know her so that 1 second interaction is just not reliable.

2) CW, nice girl but back in 2001 is not relevant, she didn't even think she should call but her husband said you should just in case. Maybe he thought 7 years later NC will still having the affair.. makes sense that they called, does not make sense that anyone would be upset that teh CPD didn't think it was that relevant, they had it documented they talked to her.. end of story..

3) FL guy.. thought it was 5 minutes till 7am when he saw her? Didn't she leave the house after 7pm? Not good for Brad. Another "eye witness" that thinks he might know here from shopping and from a distance so a similar looking lady jogging.. not buying it... I am sure he means well and seemed like a sweet man, just like the rest of these witnesses..

IMO, NOT showing reasonable doubt.

That's the problem. They did not ignore them. In every case they took ALL of their information. The witnesses decided that they should have been contacted again. I'm not sure why they felt this was necessary. In each case they had the number to contact to add to the information already given if they remembered something else. What did the police not follow up on?

They didn't take ALL the information. The witnesses called and said "I think I saw the missing woman" "Okay, someone will be in touch with you".

It was never "what was she wearing, was she with anyone, did you talk to her, where exactly did you see her, at what time". That is the problem.

Exactly - makes no sense to me that the phone would be wiped clean just from attempting to break into it. I think after so many tries it probably tells you you're locked out and you need to contact your carrier for further help. My old phone did that - it had a password when you powered the phone on. If you got it wrong like 3 times you had to call TMobile to get it unlocked.
Again, it makes no sense to me either, but that's what it does. Click here to see a discussion about it on the Blackberry support forums.

How are the messages any more important than voice communication over the phone? What did Brad already know was on that phone that he wanted preserved to help his case?

You have no proof he had any idea what was on that phone though. Did he call the cell phone company to over-ride her lock so he could listen? I don't think so. If he did, there should be record of it.

Again, if he killed her, why not throw the phone away? Why take the risk that someone could mishandle it? (And they DID).

:doh:ahhhh... I'm an idiot. I read the post that advised watching RZ, CW, FL guy... I thought FL guy was Florida guy - the guy NC had an affair with. I kept refreshing looking for a new video. Just hit me that FL guy is Food Lion guy.

They didn't take ALL the information. The witnesses called and said "I think I saw the missing woman" "Okay, someone will be in touch with you".

It was never "what was she wearing, was she with anyone, did you talk to her, where exactly did you see her, at what time". That is the problem.

That is not accurate. According to testimony they did take all the relevant information. In each case the witness expected them to contact for more information? Actually I think each witness wanted a follow up to determine if the information they had given had any relevance. MOO

Yes, she screwed up the days a few times in her testimony, probably because she was getting to far ahead of herself (I know a few people like that) - but anyone listening got what she was saying and understood her actual timeline. Its neither a long nor complicated.

That's right, and Kurtz noticed that she mixed up the day and asked for clarification where she confirmed that she meant she saw Nancy on Saturday.

Again, it makes no sense to me either, but that's what it does. Click here to see a discussion about it on the Blackberry support forums.

WOW, incredible.

(on a side note, I would have smacked my friend for doing that to my phone, lol!)

Well I guess BB has things their way. Perhaps they have changed it now, but it certainly seems that is what happened to NC's phone.

Not delving into any conspiracy theories but can you think of a reason why Brad through his attorneys would be so adamant about the necessity to protect that phone? My simple thought is that he pulled a "Scott Peterson" and left some voicemail or text message that would portray him as a loving husband. What would be on that phone and not in phone records that Brad would KNOW about that would be exculpatory?

Again, it would show all the people she communicated with. I fully believe that is why. It probably would have been of no value. In fact, I think it is of more value now that it was erased than it would have been if it wasn't erased. Because now, we have to wonder what, if anything, was on that phone. The fact that the defense sent the letter makes it even bigger value now because it gives some credibility to the conspiracy theory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member