State vs Bradley Cooper 4-21-11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't use the word "game", and its not cool to pull words like that in to frame my comments as callous.

The trial is not over yet, but you seem so sure of a G verdict. You are not basing this on all the testinmony and evidence to date because you have not heard it all - none of us has. Do you know what the remaining defense witnesses will testify to and how that testimony will go over? I recall quite a few posters here predicting things about JW and his testimony (i.e. wait til cross, BZ will demolish him and JW will melt on the stand) - and the exact opposite happened.

You were discussing "odds" that did not relate to my post at all. No need to be defensive. When people twist innocent comments relating to MY OPINION regarding COMPUTER evidence, expect a reply. Based on what I have heard, and what I knew before the trial, yes, I'm pretty sure he'll be found guilty. I have the right to my opinion just as every other poster. But just like you, I have to wait and see............

I am not so sure now that the jury will "relate to NC's plight", particularly as they see a fuller view of things.

Yes, their marriage had big problems and there was a lot of tension. But no signs of physical abuse; even when deprived at $300/week NC was still living well (if not too well); the proposed separation agreement was so over the top it looks really greedy; and her outrage over his affair with HM becomes less justified when her affairs are known -- even with her sister's future-husband.

The jurors will be more like those of us who are looking at this with fresh eyes.

The early testimony by HER friends probably will actually reduce their emotional attachment to NC by the time the case is over. Easy to see it as having been staged.

At the moment, without the Google search, the prosecution case requires one to assume (without proof) too many things not in evidence. (She vomited, he left the children to dispose of the body and went TWICE to HT, etc.)

The computer and network evidence is a major part of this case. I will be curious how the jurors are processing all this, because this is becoming more common every day.

Should be really interesting when the jurors are finally allowed to talk about this case. I can barely imagine having watched all this and NOT be allowed to talk at all about it.

The Google Maps search always seemed a little too convenient for me. "He did WHAT? You got to be kidding!" My first thought was to ask if it might have been a weather site using G M, or some such. Then the zooming.

At first, had pretty much dismissed the tampering arguments, not so much because it would be difficult or that far-fetched, but because it would require a higher standard of proof. You better be right if you claim evidence tampering.

As a geek who is also involved with the societal implications of technology, I see this as an important case. In spite of all the "forensic" BS, JW presented just enough evidence to show not just that tampering was possible, but that it almost certainly had happened. A Google expert to tie it all together will finish off completely the last thread of the presecution's case. And the reputation of the CPD and FBI.

And DA's office.

Thank you, FD for your report on CC's testimony on the Google search evidence. Interesting that you had the roller coaster ride yourself in the courtroom that day.

Thank you, FD for your report on CC's testimony on the Google search evidence. Interesting that you had the roller coaster ride yourself in the courtroom that day.

I have had it as well and I wasn't there. As always, thank you for your report, FD.

I didn't have a chance to watch/listen to the early a.m. testimony until this morning. I am VERY impressed with Carrie Dittmer's testimony. Out of all of the "close" friends, she seems the most unbiased. And you can see her love and fondness of the Cooper family shine thru.

Considering she is a psychologist, I think she comes off as very credible. Very telling how she wouldn't get roped into hanging BC by the Cary clique and how she was basically shunned afterwards.

I have to respectfully disagree with you on this one. I wasn't impressed with Dittmer, especially since she's a psychologist. I thought she came off as totally sympathetic to brad and not equally so with nancy. Especially when she made remarks about 'nancy' not being willing to *try* anymore. 'maybe it was 'give it a chance'. The marriage is what I'm referring to. I wonder how willing, how many chances, she would give to her spouse, HM, sex in the bedroom closet with the children at home, three kids under the age of 3. Lying about it for four years, etc. Nowhere did I hear mention of 'nancy *needing to do* what she *should* for her own mental health, peace of mind, *healing*. If she was my own personal therapist, I'd find myself a new one. MOO

I have wondered this as well, could something have happened during the time he was trying to rid the computer of the evidence that caused it to leave behind evidence? If he didn't start to rid the evidence until the morning of 7/12. This evidence brought up by JW can be viewed that it was not tampering but some type of event was occuring that caught this google map and left it? BC 'thought' it was clean, did not have time to check because at that point there was the call, "Where is NC". He had to get cleaning, looking for her.

For any computer whizzes, is this a possible?

Kelly

Not likely given the peeks at the data I got to see.

Anything is possible, it just takes longer. That is why many of us Southern geeks say things like, "Well I suppose it might could be."

I am not sure where "everyone else" came from. I for one felt she was credible and did a great job showing her lack of bias.

Just curious, have you ever been in therapy? Not snarky here, just curious.

:floorlaugh:
Just curious, have you ever been in therapy? Not snarky here, just curious.

:floorlaugh: My opinion of her as a witness is she seemed credible. Why in the world would you ever want to know if I have had therapy. My comments never were about her as a therapist. And I have never had therapy so I can not speak for her in comparison to other therapist. Perhaps you have had therapy and can relate on that level to her, but I can not. BTW, there is no shame in having therapy.

I have a question for you knowledgeable sleuths out there. This thing about the state using the FBI to do their computer forensics is a bit puzzling to me. I thought the FBI didn't generally get involved in a trial unless it was a Federal trial. Is it common for the FBI to act as experts in state trials or did the state use the FBI because of the current credibility problems with the NC SBI?

I agree, but I have a feeling this isn't the last witness to present a different take on the relationship as well as BC himself. At that point for the jury it comes down to who do you believe more.

I'm struck by the fact that since 2001 Nancy has wanted her green card so she could work. She told her family back in 2001 'she wasn't happy in N.C. because she didn't have a car, didn't have any transportation, brad was gone excessively, work, school, training for his ironman's, and she was and felt ALONE most of the time. I don't think brad ever wanted her to get that green card, hence his lack of helping through the cisco lawyers, I can't recall the type of attorney necessary for international matters of citizenship right now. Just taking a rain break from trying to get some gardening in today. Anyway, Brad admitted during his depostions that the ball was in 'his court' to get that paperwork in to the cisco attorney's, still, in 2008. Yes, nancy had an affair in 2001, too bad she didn't leave brad then IMO. He wasn't there for her, wasn't helping her to feel wanted, loved and cared for in a foreign country. Totally not the same thing, but when we moved down here when my first two children were toddlers, I felt that same loneliness for my life long friends, people to support me when hubby was gone out of town, etc. Anway, long story short, hubby and I had this 'go 'round'. He said "well I moved away from everyone too" to which I replied, 'in the first place, this was a large company move, we were one of about 125 families. I said 'most of *your* friends moved 'with you!' 'you still play cards with the same group of guys' 'you didn't have to make a whole new group of friends like me'. Plus you go to work all day, you go to school a couple nights a week, me, I take care of the house and kids, 24/7. I need more in my life then just that. yadda yadda yadda, so I can relate to nancy. In fact, I had a very dear friend I made down here, her husband worked for Dunn & Bradstreet IIRC. We became like sisters, until her husband got yet another job transfer. She cried & cried. Like nancy, she was one of my 'night time' friends. LOL, because after my kiids were in bed, when her husband was out of town, I spent a lot of time with her, expecilly in prep for the upcoming move. And I remember her saying to me 'I feel like part of the household, pack the furniture, pack the kitchen stuff, pack the clothes, pack the wife, and off we go to Louisianna, and *I* (her) don't get any say in the matter. "I'm just one more of the many things to move." Broke my heart to listen to her, as it waS also breaking my own heart to lose my 'sister' down here. :( I simply have an ability to relate to all the tumultuous feelings I think nancy had going on deep inside her. Thankfully, my husband learned to step up to the plate and fill in the emotional gaps in me to make it possible for me too to grow and fluorish away from my life long friens and support system. JMO

The affair thing is really not that odd to me. I personally felt testimony showed that Nancy in the beginning stages of the marriage had an emotional affair. Brad had a sexual affair in his own house, with the children in another room. Takes it to a whole new level. However, I do not believe either side was right at all. Just my take why NC was so adamant that the affair was a big deal.

Kelly

Thnank you Kelly, HUGE HUGE difference between EMOTIONAL AFFAIR and SEXUAL affair. Something I think many men don't understand at all about women. You guys, it would behoove you to attempt to understand this. Me? If my husband had a sexual affair, yeah, I'd be pissed. If he had an Emotional affair, I'd be heartbroken, realize what ever we *had* was gone. somehow lost. The part of us that keeps us together, healthy, happy, stable, was somehow lost. :( Thank you Kelly!

I've always said that they should have never gotten married, I think we all can agree to that. I think they (like a lot of other couples) had a child, perhaps hoping that would improve the relationship but it didn't. I think they probably also thought spending would mask some underlying issues since some people think money=happiness. I think NC tried to make the best of it until it got to a point where that wasn't possible any more.

I think nancy kept trying to get what she needed from brad, and perhaps he kept promising he'd give it to her. But he didn't, he either couldn't or wouldn't. Another reason why I didn't care for the child psychologist testimony yesterday. As a psychologist, regardless of her speciality, I didn't find her to be as unbiased as she should have been, especially since she knew about HM months before nancy did.

:floorlaugh:

:floorlaugh: My opinion of her as a witness is she seemed credible. Why in the world would you ever want to know if I have had therapy. My comments never were about her as a therapist. And I have never had therapy so I can not speak for her in comparison to other therapist. Perhaps you have had therapy and can relate on that level to her, but I can not. BTW, there is no shame in having therapy.

Is that why you are floorlaughing about my post? I don't think there is any shame in it, but I certainly wouldn't be using a floorlaugh to attempt to denote that to someone else. JMO. And you call this 'just wanting to have an honest discussion'. I think you just want to have a discussion with people who agree with your point, and floorlaugh those with differening views. I see how that works.

I have a question for you knowledgeable sleuths out there. This thing about the state using the FBI to do their computer forensics is a bit puzzling to me. I thought the FBI didn't generally get involved in a trial unless it was a Federal trial. Is it common for the FBI to act as experts in state trials or did the state use the FBI because of the current credibility problems with the NC SBI?

The "FBI" computer forensic expert CC is actually a Durham police detective who is dual-badged I think as a "Deputy US Marshal" as part of the FBI Cyber Crime Task Force. By doing the work under the "FBI" label, the police are able to deny all those pesky Brady rights by claiming protected methods under the National Security exemption. "We think you guilty, sorry we can't tell just why. Can't let the terrorists win." Total BS. CC had only examined 5 computers before BC's.

Anyway, that is what is going regarding the FBI.

I also find the google map search a bit strange, to say the least. Everyone seems to state he is very technincal, very thorough, even had the capability of spoofing calls. He supposedly planned this so well. Then, he leaves the google search on the dump site on the computer???? There is no way he would have done that. If he took the time to perform multiple dumps, clean car, clean house, etc, he most certainly would have made sure the dump site search would not have been left on the computer.

The google search was not the only piece he left on the computer. There were also all the NC emails he forwarded to his email account. No allegations of tampering here. As to why he left all this information on the computer, I am not sure. Maybe he was too busy cleaning/doing laundry?

Not likely given the peeks at the data I got to see.

Anything is possible, it just takes longer. That is why many of us Southern geeks say things like, "Well I suppose it might could be."[/QUOTE]

BBM

Oddly enough, that is the phrase keeps going thru my head!

The "FBI" computer forensic expert CC is actually a Durham police detective who is dual-badged I think as a "Deputy US Marshal" as part of the FBI Cyber Crime Task Force. By doing the work under the "FBI" label, the police are able to deny all those pesky Brady rights by claiming protected methods under the National Security exemption. "We think you guilty, sorry we can't tell just why. Can't let the terrorists win." Total BS. CC had only examined 5 computers before BC's.

Anyway, that is what is going regarding the FBI.

That is what I what thing as well. I am glad to hear someone else had the same thought. I wish I had known about the new thread or I would have posted this there. I would love to hear what others have to say about this. Unfortunately I doubt anyone will see it in thread.

Yes - BC had an affair and disgustingly was with HM in the bedroom closet while the kids where there. That is disgusting in the worst sense of the word. No excuse whatsoever. But, let us not forget that NC had an affair as well (if not more than 1). Also, nothing has been proven that he had a sexual encounter with the woman in France.

If BC had it planned so well, as so many say, why didn't he plan to get rid of the google map search on the computer? Why didn't he plan on a dump site that we better hidden, where it would have taken someone more than 2 days to find the body? So, in my opinion, he did not plan it for months (if he did, indeed murder NC).

Noone knows if either NC or BC had a killer instinct. Nothing, that I have seen or heard, points that way. Sure, they did not get along. They fought bitterly. Many couples do. That does not mean that someone is inclined to kill.

Most often criminals slip up and leave some evidence. If not, death row would be practically empty and there wouldn't be much overcrowding in prison. He did a fine job trying to create his alibi - he just under estimated there could be people as smart as him that could figure out the spoofed call. Why he left the google map search? Eh, maybe he thought nobody would ever find that needle in a haystack of temporary internet files and such. Maybe he got called to lunch and then when he got he just had other things to attend to and didn't take care of business. Maybe he thought he had cleaned his machine with the same depth as the government. I've said it many, many times. Brad had an MBA and was an "expert" certified on his job - but still completely lacking in common sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinzstel