State vs Bradley Cooper 4-21-11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If evidence was planted on Brad's computer, then it was done by either A) CPD or B) someone else. As it is highly unlikely anyone had access to BC's computer besides he and the police, then let's assume A). If A, then either it was to a) point suspicion at Brad to lend credibility to the arrest, or b) to cover for someone else. Since it is highly unlikely that the police force was in cahoots with a murderer, then let's assume a). If a, then it has no bearing on whether BC murdered his wife. The two are independent of each other; therefore whether someone planted evidence on Brad's computer or not, it does not mean Brad didn't murder Nancy.

I need you to point me to the relevance here. You seem to have jumped to a whole different planet. MOO

Just a jump to the left, and then a step to the right, ...

Seriously, start about page 38 of the linked document. That particular section talks about the AT&T records for the two phones. Starting on page 61 are the discussions about the affairs and possible affairs of NC. Includes the JP & NC naked on the Cooper couch October 2005 episode, and also NC sleeping with her sisters fiancee.

http://www.wral.com/asset/news/news_briefs/2011/02/17/9132146/coopermotion.PDF

Thanks!!! That's one of my all-time favorite comedy movies. A classic!! And with it, you make a good point.

One of my favorites too. But it shows a case of tunnel vision by police in prosecuting the kids.

Like when the boys are being interviewed by the sheriff and outright accuse Ralph Macchio's character of shooting the clerk. He replies in stunned bewilderment "I shot the clerk?!?"

Later, in the trial, the sheriff states that the boy said "I shot the clerk!" No note that the boy had said it as a question or the context of the statement. Just that he basically confessed.

That's how I fear investigators can twist what you say to fit their theory and why nobody should ever talk to the police without a lawyer present.

One of my favorites too. But it shows a case of tunnel vision by police in prosecuting the kids.

Like when the boys are being interviewed by the sheriff and outright accuse Ralph Macchio's character of shooting the clerk. He replies in stunned bewilderment "I shot the clerk?!?"

Later, in the trial, the sheriff states that the boy said "I shot the clerk!" No note that the boy had said it as a question or the context of the statement. Just that he basically confessed.

That's how I fear investigators can twist what you say to fit their theory and why nobody should ever talk to the police without a lawyer present.

Did you notice how many of the "minor" witnesses that followed JW denied every stating things that were apparently in the police interview reports? The pros. would asked some question based on the police reports and would get an outraged "I never said that! That is not true!"

In some cases, the issue was small and unimportant. But several, such as those involving the child psychologist friend, had been used repeatedly to make BC look uncaring. I now suspect that several of the statements supposedly made by BC to LE without prompting might not have happened as described by LE.

Interesting tidbit:

We have a blackberry pearl (the flip kind, not the smartphone handset model like a typ. bb) and we have been trying to make it wipe tonite. (It's three years off as far as software, but the same model as NC, I believe and it was active in 2008, this person is just too cheap to get a new phone) and we can't make it set up to wipe. In other words, this evening, we tried to see if we could "stage" it. You can definitely wipe the phone either on purpose or by accident, but we found that if you leave it anywhere for a set period of time, you get to start all over again on the first set of entries. Once you get to the second set of entries, you have XX tries and that's it. And the warnings are big and bold and obvious.

Also, did anyone else notice that while not all the witnesses were credible, Kurtz did back up exactly what he said in his opening. I wonder how that will play for the jury. I noticed Howie C. was up and at them today. I think he carries the most weight with getting people to talk without discrediting himself with the questions. As opposed to BZ, who sacrifices his personality for the sake of getting an answer. Where has T MFH been?

And whoever had the My Cousin Vinnie quotes going, thank you!

That Food Lion is very close to the Preschool. In fact the preschool is behind the store. I imagine, Nancy may have run into there for any odds/ends just because it was close by/convenient, but I don't imagine that it would have been her regular store.

No it's not. That FL is at Kildare Farm Rd and Maynard, near the Sherwin williams where they bought the paint. Triangle Academy is in south Cary near Penny Farm and Kildare Farm. So if he worked at a FL near Penny Rd he was going the wrong way to work, because said he worked at the Maynard store, and was travelling north up Kildare from Holly Springs Rd.

I didn't have a chance to watch/listen to the early a.m. testimony until this morning. I am VERY impressed with Carrie Dittmer's testimony. Out of all of the "close" friends, she seems the most unbiased. And you can see her love and fondness of the Cooper family shine thru.

Considering she is a psychologist, I think she comes off as very credible. Very telling how she wouldn't get roped into hanging BC by the Cary clique and how she was basically shunned afterwards.

I didn't have a chance to watch/listen to the early a.m. testimony until this morning. I am VERY impressed with Carrie Dittmer's testimony. Out of all of the "close" friends, she seems the most unbiased. And you can see her love and fondness of the Cooper family shine thru.

Considering she is a psychologist, I think she comes off as very credible. Very telling how she wouldn't get roped into hanging BC by the Cary clique and how she was basically shunned afterwards.

Wow, that sounds opposite of what everyone else said. BrownRice, you don't happen to be a SODDI, by chance?

Wow, that sounds opposite of what everyone else said. BrownRice, you don't happen to be a SODDI, by chance?

Not sure how that was interpreted by my post. I am not SODDI. I was on the fence before the Google map evidence. Now I'm waiting to see if it will be refuted with the defenses witnesses. If not, I'm at guilty.

Unlike a lot of folks here, I have an open mind and look at every witness with out bias. Both state and defense.

I had the same impression of her. She definitely seemed unbiased IMO, is extremely credible, and avoided joining the lynching of BC. No doubt she was cast out of the clique for not joining in.

I am not sure where "everyone else" came from. I for one felt she was credible and did a great job showing her lack of bias.

I am not sure where "everyone else" came from. I for one felt she was credible and did a great job showing her lack of bias.

I think the "everyone else" is the majority of posters who thought he was guilty from day 1 and object to any other testimony that doesn't fit into their theory.

I think the "everyone else" is the majority of posters who thought he was guilty from day 1 and object to any other testimony that doesn't fit into their theory.

I think you must be correct. BTW, what is SODDI?

Sorry, not EVERYone else. :) But you made yourself sound like a SODDI with the language you used... "Cary clique" for instance.

I agree, I thought hers was some of the most interesting testimony of the day and I'm surprised it wasn't discussed more on here. She was an NC friend, not a BC friend, she changed her plans while in Alaska to attend the memorial, that's very impressive to me, it goes to show how much she thought of NC. She wasn't one of these people that knew NC way back when and then lost contact. She wasn't in the 'circle' and said things that directly contradict the picture the state is trying to paint about BC.

The fact that she said JA left her a vm asking her to get negative info (as opposed to any info) on BC is very interesting.

Thanks. I could not figure out DUDE part. Well, I am not necessarily a SODDI but rather believe in seeing all of the testimony first.

So Brad's lies, motive, opportunity, means, unusual actions...still waiting for someone else to testify?

I agree completely. She also recoiled when prosecution when presented with the police version of what she had said. Given her profession I would guess that CD has testified in court before, though not involving anything this close to her. The D's seem like a couple I would enjoy knowing.

All the defense witnesses have seemed more credible, more balanced in their testimony, more nuanced. Even those who saw a jogger were up front about everything. While they were a little more nervous during cross, there was not all that sudden loss of memory that we saw with the prosecution witnesses.

So Brad's lies, motive, opportunity, means, unusual actions...still waiting for someone else to testify?

As DD even said, sometime you want to see the whole picture before you make determinations/judgements.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nutphinx