State vs. Jason Lynn Young 02-29-12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I ended up spending the day in the ER. I was in pain, which is what sent me there, yet all I could think about was this trial and worrying about what I was missing. I just got home about an hour ago and instead of heading to WRAL to watch today's video I came here instead. Glad I did as it appears I didn't miss much.....except the inside scoop on CB. I knew immediately I didn't like her yesterday. Sometimes my 6th sense works.
CT scan showed I have an infection of the stomach and small intestine....very painful. Have no idea how or why. More medical stuff to follow but it's going to have to be done around the rest of this trial.

I ended up spending the day in the ER. I was in pain, which is what sent me there, yet all I could think about was this trial and worrying about what I was missing. I just got home about an hour ago and instead of heading to WRAL to watch today's video I came here instead. Glad I did as it appears I didn't miss much.....except the inside scoop on CB. I knew immediately I didn't like her yesterday. Sometimes my 6th sense works.
CT scan showed I have an infection of the stomach and small intestine....very painful. Have no idea how or why. More medical stuff to follow but it's going to have to be done around the rest of this trial.
Oh gosh, NC! I hope you're better very soon.

Good point. JY knew that an early morning phone call to MF for such a silly thing as ebay papers would have brought upon further suspicion, so he didn't.

Someone, I can not recall who, has already testified that they would never call Meredith before Noon. It was a standing joke in the family, so he waited until later to call her. (this testimony may have even been JLY's from the previous trial).

Good point. JY knew that an early morning phone call to MF for such a silly thing as ebay papers would have brought upon further suspicion, so he didn't.
Yes, this is what I meant about me hovering over the phone for a boy to call as a teen, but waiting the four rings.

Jason waited so it wouldn't look suspicious.

IMO

Thx ocean blue. . . interesting. . . don't know why, but, I was under the impression that only 1st degree murder was an option in this case

I was surprised too, hindsight. For the Judge to allow this he has to think that the evidence can point to second degree also. I just dont see it. It is First Degree to me since if JY did this and I think he did then he came back all the way just to kill her. That is as premeditated as it gets, imo.

IMO

Would have made more sense to call her cell. Then, when she didn't pick up, call her work. Then when he's told she didn't come in, try the cell again. If there was a house phone, try that one. Then frantically call MF saying "I can't get up with Michelle! I'm worried about her, and she hasn't made it to work yet, and she's not answering the phone."

Is it true that they added a 2nd degree charge?

For real?

What does that mean ?

Someone, I can not recall who, has already testified that they would never call Meredith before Noon. It was a standing joke in the family, so he waited until later to call her. (this testimony may have even been JLY's from the previous trial).

OK thanks.. I never watched the 1st trial...

Take care of yourself and hope you are feeling better soon.

I didnt think he would take the stand after the Prosecutor played his entire testimony from the first trial. I am sure his lawyer told him there was no need to since the jury had already seen his testimony.

The state said they would go last and the defense will go first.

The charges are First or Second Degree.

IMO

And had his lie after lie after lie revealed. No way he could get back on the stand, his story was proven false and utterly laughable. Mama therefore became Jason's testimony, complete with the lies, convenient and transparent falsehoods, and utter disregard for Michelle and her baby. That's why Howard Cummings opened a can of whoopa$$ on her, in part to show that she is a liar living in a fantasy world, but also to dare Jason to get on the stand...while I understand he had to do it that way, I still wish Jason had been fool enough to get on the stand.

As it is, he's only told Mama about the medicine, and lied his way through testimony last year. Other than that, Jason Young has said nothing, never inquired about the investigation and told his sister he hoped there would never be an arrest, and that it would "blow over." Sounds like a grieving widower, alright.

Kind of chilling to think of what JY is contemplating right now. It could very well be his last night in a comfortable bed for the rest of his life.

Wasn't there blood in her shoes??? When did that happen??? Before she was cleaned up??? Or did she get back up & get back in the blood before it dried? Did they find any evidence in her BR of water being played in?

She would have turned the lights after whoever killed her left... See I have tons of questions & doubts.....

Yes, there was blood found in CY's shoes.

I think she tried cleaning up her feet by herself.

Is it true that they added a 2nd degree charge?

For real?

What does that mean ?

Yes, the Judge allowed it in but the defense protested by still the Judge is going to allow it to be considered.

Second degree means it was not premeditated.

I dont think the jury is going to consider the second degree charge.

JMO though

Yes, the Judge allowed it in but the defense protested by still the Judge is going to allow it to be considered.

Second degree means it was not premeditated.

I dont think the jury is going to consider the second degree charge.

JMO though

Wow, thank you.

I missed it.

I am speechless.....(for once)

The state wants him at any cost....dang.

Again why not call his SIL earlier than he did.... 2 yrs olds don't sleep all day.... My nephew is around that age and hes up with the chickens NO matter what time he went to bed...
In fairness I could posit that random killer left Cassidy there, and Jason's call was just bad timing, for him. Great for Cassidy.

bbm
I don't understand where you're getting that MY fought back ferociously ? The ME said she only had defense wounds on her hands. My understanding of defense wounds is that is the victim covering their head while being struck repeatedly. I think (from all the blood in the bed, soaked completely thru the pillow) that Michelle was asleep when this attack first began, she had scratches on her neck from trying to pry hands off during strangulation attempt. Then the attacker began hitting her, I also think that there is no dna under her nails because JY had gloves on at least during part of this murder.

"Michelle Young has died from blunt force trauma after being hit at least 10 times in the head during a struggle."

http://www.wral.com/specialreports/michelleyoung/story/9662412/

"Investigators believe Michelle Young's killer may have been injured during a struggle with her just before she died, court records show"

http://triangle.news14.com/content/headlines/579767/young-investigation-turns-to-husband/

"Prosecutors contend Jason Young, 37, a philandering and disgruntled husband, beat his wife to death after trying to strangle her while their 2-year-old daughter was home. They argue that Michelle Young put up a struggle and a bloody fight ensued."

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...d+to+the+seven+women&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ca

I think whoever did it didn't need an alternate vehicle, because they apparently were able to stop creating traceable evidence (except one bloody smudge on a door handle) upstairs. Which is unfortunate obviously as it leaves some of the story unknown.

Any husband who kills his wife should know LE will look at them, yet they do it anyway. Of course, since they are usually the first person looked at, I would think when someone innocent is targeted the spouse group faces higher chances of that. Nevertheless, I don't think it makes JY less likely to be the killer just because LE would certainly look at him. I can see why people scrutinize the state's case for that reason. While those on the G side see what he had to gain, those on the NG side see what he did lose and stood to lose.

Whoever did this was a *$&Q)%(* I agree. Whatever the reasons for what happened in that room, it was an overkill - complete brutality.

BBM.

That overkill is also evidence in my opinion. It proves that whoever killed Michelle knew her and had an extreme dislike for her. Years after her murder it seems that Jason has a hard time covering his disdain for his murdered wife. During his testimony played in Court his disdain was very evident. Disdain that has lasted this long and is still alive and kicking even after that person's brutal murder is telling in of itself.

Yes, this is what I meant about me hovering over the phone for a boy to call as a teen, but waiting the four rings.

Jason waited so it wouldn't look suspicious.

IMO

Ha! Made me laugh. I used to do that too!

"Michelle Young has died from blunt force trauma after being hit at least 10 times in the head during a struggle."

http://www.wral.com/specialreports/michelleyoung/story/9662412/

"Investigators believe Michelle Young's killer may have been injured during a struggle with her just before she died, court records show"

http://triangle.news14.com/content/headlines/579767/young-investigation-turns-to-husband/

"Prosecutors contend Jason Young, 37, a philandering and disgruntled husband, beat his wife to death after trying to strangle her while their 2-year-old daughter was home. They argue that Michelle Young put up a struggle and a bloody fight ensued."

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...d+to+the+seven+women&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ca

I am going by what the ME testified to in both trials.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member