State vs. Jason Lynn Young 02-29-12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Michelle Young has died from blunt force trauma after being hit at least 10 times in the head during a struggle."

http://www.wral.com/specialreports/michelleyoung/story/9662412/

"Investigators believe Michelle Young's killer may have been injured during a struggle with her just before she died, court records show"

http://triangle.news14.com/content/headlines/579767/young-investigation-turns-to-husband/

"Prosecutors contend Jason Young, 37, a philandering and disgruntled husband, beat his wife to death after trying to strangle her while their 2-year-old daughter was home. They argue that Michelle Young put up a struggle and a bloody fight ensued."

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...d+to+the+seven+women&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ca

Thank you, Otto...

We have gone over this many times.

Dr. Baden who read MY"s autopsy report when it was first released also described the struggle and her defensive wounds.

Sheriff Donnie Harrison also said "there was quite a struggle and I will leave it at that".

Yep, I am serious. I don't think cleaning up CY is a calling card for JY. I think it's entirely possible that he did it. But I don't think you can say he's the only one who would have done it, and the person had to have cared for CY personally to do it.

Even random killers have susceptibilities. I read a case just last week where the criminal's weakness was children. If you told him children were going to be hurt because he didn't tell the truth, he would sob and tell the police anything.

Now, I am NOT suggesting that happened, but I am saying that we can't rule out other possibilities simply because CY was cared for, even if just by removing her diaper. Could have been a completely nefarious reason. The killer could have picked CY up to get her out of the way, not wanting to harm her, and left a bloody fingerprint on the diaper. Then he/she is forced to take the diaper with him. Same could have gone if it had been JY.

I think she cleaned herself and that's why the feet cleaning was only half done. The daycare employees and Meredith both testified that the child was able to turn on the taps and wash her hands. The bathroom has one set of prints belonging to the child. She talked about a wash cloth. There are child's prints on the carpet between the bedroom and the bathroom. I don't see anything pointing to another person washing her feet ... and I don't believe it happened in the backyard.

Thank you, Otto...

We have gone over this many times.

Dr. Baden who read MY"s autopsy report when it was first released also described the struggle and her defensive wounds.

Sheriff Donnie Harrison also said "there was quite a struggle and I will leave it at that".

Go back and listen to the ME testimony in both trials, and you'll see what I mean.

Ok the long story is posted in the legal thread.

Are y'all saying the judge is planning to instruct the jury on a second degree charge this case?

I'm a bit surprised by that if true, since I would think he either clearly planned it (premeditated) or wasn't involved in it. I can't see why he would come back to the house that night, if he did, for any other purpose.

BBM.

That overkill is also evidence in my opinion. It proves that whoever killed Michelle knew her and had an extreme dislike for her. Years after her murder it seems that Jason has a hard time covering his disdain for his murdered wife. During his testimony played in Court his disdain was very evident. Disdain that has lasted this long and is still alive and kicking even after that person's brutal murder is telling in of itself.

That does make a lot of sense but strangers also do overkills.

I remember in the Scott Dyleski case he hit Pam Vatali 39 times and he didnt even know her except he knew she was the neighbor that lived on the hill.

Take care of yourself and hope you are feeling better soon.

Thank you...and everybody for your sweetness. I'm about to head to bed. The doctor asked me first thing if I had been under a lot of stress in the past week or so and this crazy trial was all I could think of. I didn't tell him I had been glued to it for the past several weeks as I was afraid he would put me in the psych ward. Isn't is funny how we can get so darn wrapped up in these cases. People who aren't into true crime just don't understand.
GrammyJean--hope you have a safe trip. I'm sorry for your loss. I don't think you'll miss much with respect to this trial since the weekend is approaching. Looking forward to having you rejoin us when you can.

Are you serious? He didn't do it because it benefited him - she was his daughter! She surprised him and he reacted - that's it. A random killer probably would have killed Cassidy too, especially one who could kill a person in the way MY was murdered.

If JY did it, he would have at least known that he was killing his unborn son as well as MY. A random killer wouldn't necessarily have known that MY was pregnant.

What does cleaning up CY mean? Wiped her feet? Her hands? Gave her a bath? Her footprints were all over. Can someone please explain this to me? I missed that part of the testimony. Who said she was cleaned up?

Also, how high/low was the camera from the ceiling? How tall is JY? I've been to many hotels in my life time and have never seen a camera that was low enough for someone to reach up and move it. I'd appreciate any clarification.

Thanks

I don't think anyone testified that the child was cleaned up. Before the trial, it was suggested that there were no bloody prints between the bedroom and the bathroom ... so people assumed the child had to be carried between the two rooms. We heard during trial that there was blood on the carpet between the two rooms ... so I'm not sure what evidence supports the theory that the child was cleaned up. That's my understanding.

She was a sweetie, everyone's typical Grandmom !!

I am sure she did not want to get involved either, she was just trying to do the right thing.

We have to admire that, I know I do.

:heart: for Mrs. Hensley.

OMG listening to her now what a hoot!!!

A much needed bit of laughter for all involved and I as well would take that lady to lunch every week.

Are y'all saying the judge is planning to instruct the jury on a second degree charge this case?

I'm a bit surprised by that if true, since I would think he either clearly planned it (premeditated) or wasn't involved in it. I can't see why he would come back to the house that night, if he did, for any other purpose.

If this murder, if committed by JY, was not premeditated then there has never been one. I can't see the judge adding a 2nd degree to the charge. Just can't see it.

You're not saying that you think she cleaned up her own feet, are you? Her bloody footprints were in the master bedroom, stopped there, and then picked up again in the bathroom. That tells me that unless Cassidy could fly, she was picked up by the killer and carried to the bathroom.

Yes, there was blood found in CY's shoes.

I think she tried cleaning up her feet by herself.

GG........a 2nd degree is sometimes considered a compromised verdict, such as in the Carruth case.

Do you agree?
I am going to go read your response and thank you.

Thank you...and everybody for your sweetness. I'm about to head to bed. The doctor asked me first thing if I had been under a lot of stress in the past week or so and this crazy trial was all I could think of. I didn't tell him I had been glued to it for the past several weeks as I was afraid he would put me in the psych ward. Isn't is funny how we can get so darn wrapped up in these cases. People who aren't into true crime just don't understand.
GrammyJean--hope you have a safe trip. I'm sorry for your loss. I don't think you'll miss much with respect to this trial since the weekend is approaching. Looking forward to having you rejoin us when you can.

I so sorry to hear that you wound up in the ER. I hope you are feeling a lot better now.

I have been very sick for a month now and havent posted much until the last two days.

I promised myself I wouldnt get wrapped up in another case after the Anthony fiasco but here I am once again. :)

IMO

This is to help get a verdict this time. You may have some jurors that don't want to be as harsh and say it was 1st degree, but also don't want to let him off the hook. The 2nd degree is the compromise between 1st degree and not guilty.

If this murder, if committed by JY, was not premeditated then there has never been one. I can't see the judge adding a 2nd degree to the charge. Just can't see it.

I think she cleaned herself and that's why the feet cleaning was only half done. The daycare employees and Meredith both testified that the child was able to turn on the taps and wash her hands. The bathroom has one set of prints belonging to the child. She talked about a wash cloth. There are child's prints on the carpet between the bedroom and the bathroom. I don't see anything pointing to another person washing her feet ... and I don't believe it happened in the backyard.
That's reasonable possibility, IMO, if there are child's prints on the carpet between the bedroom and bathroom.

I don't recall that being the case though, but I could have missed something.

Did I miss anything?? I only got to watch a little this morning. I'm reading that the Defense has rested. Am I correct to assume no big/huge bombshells were dropped that would support JY's innocence?

Moo. Moo. Moo.

So the theory is he cleaned her up and put her to bed but when Meredith got there she was awake and her foot prints were all over the place?

I need someone to explain this to me, please. Who said she was cleaned up?

Meredith testified CY was "shockingly clean" because of the crime scene in the master bedroom....where MF finds CY on the bed in the master bedroom. IMO, jy had no choice but to leave her..IMO...he got her to sleep and hoped for the best...I didn't say CY wouldn't wake up and walk around...yes IMO jy put her to bed....he couldn't know if she would stay asleep or not...he was I'm sure hoping for the best ..that CY would be ok and she was.

Jmo MOO MOO

You're not saying that you think she cleaned up her own feet, are you? Her bloody footprints were in the master bedroom, stopped there, and then picked up again in the bathroom. That tells me that unless Cassidy could fly, she was picked up by the killer and carried to the bathroom.

That is incorrect......We all thought that for a long time, until this trial it came out that the more luminol that was sprayed, more of her footprints
showed up.

We never heard that before, and yes, I do think there is a possibilty she cleaned herself up.

Especially because there was still blood residue by her toenails and in her shoe.

The shoe that just appeared in MY"S and JY's bed.....why would a child take a shoe to bed?

Agree. But, it is more or less up to the judge subject to the NC Supreme Court case State v. Strickland. This "3rd option" for the jury could I guess result in a compromise verdict, but from my view of the facts he either planned it or didn't do it.

Relevant quote from that case:

When, upon all the evidence, the jury could reasonably find the defendant committed the offense charged in the indictment, but could not reasonably find that (1) he did not commit the offense charged in the indictment and (2) he did commit a lesser offense included therein,
it is not error to restrict the jury to a verdict of guilty of the offense charged in the indictment or a verdict of not guilty, thus withholding from their consideration a verdict of guilty of a lesser included offense. Under such circumstances, to instruct the jury that it may find the defendant guilty of a lesser offense included within that charged in the indictment is to invite a compromise verdict whereby the defendant would be found guilty of an offense, which he did not commit, for the sole reason that some of the jurors believe him guilty of the greater offense.

That does make a lot of sense but strangers also do overkills.

I remember in the Scott Dyleski case he hit Pam Vatali 39 times and he didnt even know her except he knew she was the neighbor that lived on the hill.

But if I recall in that case didn't Ms. Vatali cause some frustration for Scott Dyleski? Didn't something go to her house that was supposed to go to his? If I recall it involved some sort of credit card scam. It's quite possible that Dyleski unleashed his rage on Ms. Vatali due to the frustration over the items. He may not have known her and certainly his anger was misplaced but in his twisted mind it seemed justified.

The point is it's rare, extremely rare, to have this violent and brutal of an attack with the assailant not be known to the victim. Who ever killed Michelle knew her. I'm of the opinion that Michelle's killer is the man being charged with her murder.

The only thing I can say with certainty is that Michelle was killed by someone who knew her and had no problem hitting her over and over enough to knock out her teeth over the room and down her throat.

It was an overkill of epic proportions and I think is evidence to JY's guilt.

The medical examiner also said the first blows to MY's face could have came from a fist,
there was not one mark on Jason's hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amakur