State vs. Jason Lynn Young 02-29-12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Question for you JTF, mainly because I know how near and dear you are to this case.

If he was smart enough to bring extra shoes, gloves, etc and possibly spare clothes/coverall of some form for the murder, but was betting on a strangulation, why bother with the extra shoes?

There's no blood in a strangulation.

But, if he was planning the bludgeoning, and got more than he bargained for, why go with the Hushpuppies?

Also, how could he have avoided the injuries overall other than maybe Kevlar or Tyvek?

And no, this is not a post in sarcasm. I saw something today that made me :waitasec:

Like grit, one of the biggest questions I still have is the origin of the size 10.
Where they in the home, perhaps garage, left by someone else? Did he stop and Dollar General and buy them to set up an obvious red herring?

A whack to the head to render someone unconscious may well produce some blood (in fact it did). Perhaps he counted on a controlled amount to stage the small prints after the fact (even using the shoes in his hands)?
The blood and gore changed that plan and caused his HPs to be covered.
It was easy to strip his shirt, shoes and pants and then used the 10's to stamp out a few staged prints. I can see this scenario, among others.
Of course, all involve Jay;)

Oh I hear you. I can posit many things, but I wish the weapon could have been narrowed down. Though I still don't think he planned the blood; I think he planed for it to be a quick, knock-out blow, but it got out of hand. The searches indicate to me that he wanted this to be a clinical killing, not a mess.

IMO

I could see this, and then the head trauma searches would make sense if he was trying to figure out where to hit on the head to deliver a lethal blow - to make sure she died, not just to knock her out.

But then why the overkill?

Yep.

Plus, I haven't seen proof anywhere that anyone cleaned up CY.

My youngest stepped on a strip of metal off our back patio, we hadn't moved in yet because our house was still under construction. She wasn't even 2 yrs old yet, so we still carried baby wipes, which were all we had to clean her up with. Obviously we cleaned her foot and headed to our local ER, knowing it was going to require stitches. I remember sitting in the room, waiting for the nurse, and I wanted to clean around her toenails so bad, because I thought they looked so dirty from the blood.... Wiping her feet with wipes or even a washcloth will get her feet clean, but not the edges of the toenails... That would require a soaking in the bathtub... Makes sense to me that some blood would be left around cy's toe/toenails... It also tells me she didn't use her sink or a toilet to clean her feet like some have suggested. And if cy cleaned her own feet with a wipe or washcloth, it would've been recovered.... Therefore??????
JMO

I could see this, and then the head trauma searches would make sense if he was trying to figure out where to hit on the head to deliver a lethal blow - to make sure she died, not just to knock her out.

Why would you need to search head injuries to know how to cause them?

You hit someone on the head hard enough, they are going to die , anyway.

This conversation is gory tonite, sorry.

:(

Regarding CY's diaper being missing. JY simply picked up CY as he would normally do and realized he had left his fingerprints on the diaper. So he had to get rid of it with the shoes, the sweater etc.

And that is why he didn't put another diaper or pull ups on CY. didn't want to risk his prints being the only ones on CY's diaper...plus he was in a rush to get out of the house. Time was of the essence he had a trip to make.

I ended up spending the day in the ER. I was in pain, which is what sent me there, yet all I could think about was this trial and worrying about what I was missing. I just got home about an hour ago and instead of heading to WRAL to watch today's video I came here instead. Glad I did as it appears I didn't miss much.....except the inside scoop on CB. I knew immediately I didn't like her yesterday. Sometimes my 6th sense works.
CT scan showed I have an infection of the stomach and small intestine....very painful. Have no idea how or why. More medical stuff to follow but it's going to have to be done around the rest of this trial.

Ouch - sorry to hear that NCEast. :( hope you feel better soon!

Because a clinical, methodical killing got out of hand when Michelle tried to get his hands off her, things were veering off course, he was enraged at her for this among other things. He lost it and beat the target of his pent up rage into a bloody mess.

IMO

Or greedy? "He won't submit for a polygraph, but he'll tell us what he wants to cash in on."

I'm not talking about filing an insurance claim. There's no 'greedy' about it if he's informing police of items missing from his home after his wife is brutally murdered.

I dont think those items would be covered under a homeowner policy.

Speaking of which . . . according to the Homeowners Insurance guy today on the stand, there was a note that said, DO NOT CONTACT THE HUSBAND, contact the sister Kim Young, what's that all about? Again JY avoided being questioned, he would have to answer many questions to the adjuster and/or filling out paperwork at length. Any thoughts?

Pardon my ignorance, but the insurance was not in the sister's name nor did she live in the home, how is she able to make any claims against someone else's insurance policy, especially after a homicide?

Oh I hear you. I can posit many things, but I wish the weapon could have been narrowed down. Though I still don't think he planned the blood; I think he planed for it to be a quick, knock-out blow, but it got out of hand. The searches indicate to me that he wanted this to be a clinical killing, not a mess.

IMO

But why the extra shoes???

Ugh.

The jury doesn't need to have all the pieces to the puzzle (only the killer has those) - they just need enough pieces so that they can make out what the big picture says - guilty.

I'd be willing to bet some of the jurors from the last trial had the same questions I do.

For me, too many unanswered questions = reasonable doubt.

Why would you need to search head injuries to know how to cause them?

You hit someone on the head hard enough, they are going to die , anyway.

This conversation is gory tonite, sorry.

:(
I hate admitting that I know this, but if you hit someone on the head with a bat for example, it's possible to knock them out or even kill them without a mess if you hit the right spot.

If Jason killed Michelle, he would have to have some kind of a mark somewhere, imo.

I mean come on, they even photographed him without his clothes on.

Does the mark on the toe count?

Regarding CY's diaper being missing. JY simply picked up CY as he would normally do and realized he had left his fingerprints on the diaper. So he had to get rid of it with the shoes, the sweater etc.

And that is why he didn't put another diaper or pull ups on CY. didn't want to risk his prints being the only ones on CY's diaper...plus he was in a rush to get out of the house. Time was of the essence he had a trip to make.

I am curious as to how the Pros is going to include a 510 mile trip, another
145 miles to Clintwood, and another 183 miles to Brevard all without any sleep and went to a meeting and stopped at another hospital..

838 miles total.

Hey, that reminds me, the state never called the woman from the 2nd meeting.

:eek:

I know! I know! I still don't have my ring insured though. eek.

I know a lot of people that have very expensive jewelry but do not have them insured.

I learned my lesson years ago when I lost my 2.78 carat diamond out of my engagement ring and it was valued at 21K at the time.

Since then we pay for the jewelry policy that covers all of my jewelry and my husband's and it is very expensive per month but at least all of it is covered now.

IMO

I know! I know! I still don't have my ring insured though. eek.

Please tell me you knocked on wood after you typed that. Get it insured!!!

Although truth be told I would be devastated, I mean devastated, at the loss of my wedding band. My engagement ring is worth monetarily substantially more but it wasn't the ring that was placed on my finger the day I was married. That for me holds far more value. Plus a wedding band is more about vows than a promise to marry. Vows are for eternity.

Michelle was attacked while sleeping. There wasn't, IIRC, signs of a struggle. She never had a chance to fight back. So why would Jason have to have some kind of marks on him? Especially if he's wearing long sleeves and gloved up?

I agree with the signs of no struggle. If MY was grabbing with her hands/fingers wouldn't there have been some evidence under her fingernails such as cloth from clothes, leather from gloves, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste