State vs. Jason Lynn Young 02-29-12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He said he used a step ladder to plug it back in. Not sure if I could have pulled that off or not w/o one; it would have been close. JY is taller than me.

You can DEFINITELY get to that camera without being on it, b/c there is a hall door just behind it and under it. In fact, I walked under it like that last night. I could have certainly titled it up without being on it (and I think even at my height), except it is now in a bubble. However, I'm not positive all the cameras there are that low.

eta: posts from last night's site visit from yesterday's thread:

In fact, I just checked out that camera (both cameras on the west end).

At 8pm this evening I was at the Hampton Inn in Hillsville. I went through the glass door; there is a camera above it that will capture you if you going down the hallway, but it certainly looks possible to not be caught on it if you take the immediate right to the stairwell. Not sure though.

Once you open the stairwell door the camera is above you pointing toward the stairs; the emergency exit that got propped would be on your right. You could have (and somebody did) push it up from below before entering its field of view. It has a bubble on it now.

I exited the emergency door that was propped open and drove by to my house in Raleigh off Penny Rd. very near Birchleaf in two hours and thirty two minutes, driving in a conservative manner.

Whoever did turn it up, whether JY or not, was apparently not caught doing it on video or even being close to it then. However, that camera is directly over a hallway access door pointing out toward stairs and if you come in that door you are actually underneath and slightly behind the camera when in the doorway. So whoever pushed it could easily have done that without (and apparently must have) appearing in the recorded field of vision, IMO.

If Jason propped the door with a twig, smoked his ceegar and went back to his unlocked room, then why did that camera never show him coming back up the stairs to his room? It would make sense that he should have been caught with that camera going back in. I thought I had heard they cycle every 7 seconds or something like that ... how far was his room from that stairwell? He would have had to have sprinted back to his room to not be seen entering after he smoked that ceegar.

You know, if it was some random killer, I just cannot believe that Cassidy would have been as quiet and calm as she was when Meredith found her. A normal kid would have been terrified and screaming out of fear as someone walked in that room. To me, this points again to the killer having been someone she knew who probably told that everything was going to be ok, mommy's just being spanked for biting.

There again not to belabor it but Christa Worthington's little daughter who was 2 years old at the time was calm when found by her mother's murdered body and she was killed by the garbage collector.

What bothers me is Cass didnt say daddy spanked mommy for biting. Even Jessie Davis' two year old son, Blake, told his grandmother that 'daddy put mommy in the rug.'

IMO

I'd be willing to bet some of the jurors from the last trial had the same questions I do.

For me, too many unanswered questions = reasonable doubt.

For me, too many lies, too many unexplainable coincidences and all the circumstantial evidence = absolutely no doubt at all.

I'm thinking of cases where head injuries either don't seem very severe and then the person dies(like Natasha Richardson) or if he didn't hit in the correct spot, he might not kill her. Then you have Gabrielle Giffords who was shot in the head and she is recovering pretty well considering. Just that head injuries aren't always predicable...this was in response to saying that he only wanted to hit her once or twice and didn't expect it to get messy.

Agreed, it is gory.

If JY did this, my main issue is conflicting theories that it was a. meant to only be strangulation(and not messy) or b. there was a weapon and he meant to beat her to death.

If the killer brought a weapon, it's hard to argue that it was only meant to be a strangulation. If I were thinking about killing someone with a weapon, especially beating them to death, I would anticipate some mess.

Which is why if I were JY and planning this, I would wear something other than my hush puppy shoes.

But more important is whatever the prosecution is trying to say regarding a weapon, which I can't remember right now.

Sorry if I'm not making much sense. I'm pretty tired :)
I would not anticipate a mess at all if I were planning to beat someone to death. He searched for the least messy way, IMO, and there is a way to do it. It's not mess at all on the outside of the head. It's a common misconception that a fatal blow to the head, or even two, have to be messy. They don't.

I think he planed a "clean" killing, but ended up in a mess once he lost it.

IMO

AWE! Congrats on 28 years! These days that's a feat in of itself!

Thank you.

Actually it has been the easiest and most wonderful journey I have ever made.

I am very blessed to have a wonderful, thoughtful, loving, and caring husband.

IMO

I would not anticipate a mess at all if I were planning to beat someone to death. He searched for the least mess way, IMO, and there is a way to do it. It's not mess at all on the outside of the head. It's a common misconception that a fatal blow to the head, or even two, have to be messy. They don't.

I think he planed a "clean" killing, but ended up in a mess once he lost it.

IMO

I am not sure I agree with that Turnadot. The head bleeds profusely when hit.

When our son was around 10 he got hit in the head by a rock because his friends were throwing them and just one rock hit him and I almost had a heart attack when he came in with blood gushing down his face.

I though the mild mannered defense PI helped the state far more than the DT.
That video showing the door randomly latching / not latching only showed how silly it would be to leave a room w/o key....not once, but twice. Not taking the key card on purpose (he did not want to close an disturb guests, LOL) is beyond ridiculous to consider, especially since he said he was leaving the hotel twice.

Showing that tiny twig in that heavy steel door only showed how stupid it would be to choose that over the rock at his feet.

I though the mild mannered defense PI helped the state far more than the DT.
That video showing the door randomly latching / not latching only showed how silly it would be to leave a room w/o key....not once, but twice. Not taking the key card on purpose (he did not want to close an disturb guests, LOL) is beyond ridiculous to consider, especially since he said he was leaving the hotel twice.

Showing that tiny twig in that heavy steel door only showed how stupid it would be to chose that over the rock at his feet.

I have to admit I have left the door ajar when I was going to go down to the vending machine at the other end of the hallway to get ice or a soft drink and snacks.

imo

Not if you hit the right spot. It causes a hemorrhage in the brain and the person will die, but there's no cracked open skull.

But how would he know that? One or two blows can also bleed terribly.

IMO

MF told investigators she knew something was missing off a hall table right outside of MY and jy's room. Women love to put candlesticks on those... MF knew something was gone, but couldn't figure out what it was. MY had injuries that were described as crescent shapes, which I've speculated, could've been caused by one of the those, solid, metal candlesticks.... I have at least one to three big candles/candleholders on all my tables, especially halls, bathrooms,.kitchen, coffee tables, etc.....because we've been known to lose power from time to time...
JMO... I have a feeling that item missing off the table could possibly be the weapon.

The only problem I have are the size 10 prints but that is easier to explain in my mind than all the other things pointing to JLY (cameras, size 12 prints, missing diaper, missing shirt, missing shoes).

Jason frequented gyms, maybe they were cast-offs from the gym, maybe he bought them at the dollar store, maybe he bought them at good will.... Don't really need to know, but I can see him wanting to use them to put prints in the mud outside or something but ended up putting prints in blood when things got messy and took longer needing to clean up.

I do believe he wanted to do a knockout for easy strangulation but failed and things got out of his control.

Just my thoughts, not set on a theory about where the 10s came from.

I am curious as to how the Pros is going to include a 510 mile trip, another
145 miles to Clintwood, and another 183 miles to Brevard all without any sleep and went to a meeting and stopped at another hospital..

838 miles total.

Hey, that reminds me, the state never called the woman from the 2nd meeting.

:eek:

Family trip to New Orleans several years ago, trip there we made an overnight stop in Atlanta. On our return trip we left in the early afternoon, ~3pm. Total trip distance is ~840 miles. We made one stop for dinner and then I drove throughout the night and early morning.

On a business trip to Birmingham, Al ended up being an all nighter followed by business meeting and all day of work. Flight was to leave at 6pm from RDU to Atl to BHM. Flight from RDU delayed and we arrived in ATL around 4am. There was no connecting flight to BHM that would get us to the meeting on time, so we rented a car. Although the drive is just 240 miles there was a severe storm which caused us to drive ~40mph for a majority of the trip. We arrived slightly ahead of time for 10am meeting, meeting lasted 1 hour and then we were in the lab working with the customer for the duration of the workday.

Only point to these ramblings is that the driving of JY was quite doable.

If Jason propped the door with a twig, smoked his ceegar and went back to his unlocked room, then why did that camera never show him coming back up the stairs to his room? It would make sense that he should have been caught with that camera going back in. I thought I had heard they cycle every 7 seconds or something like that ... how far was his room from that stairwell? He would have had to have sprinted back to his room to not be seen entering after he smoked that ceegar.

I don't think he smoked a cigar, but I also understand the stairwell camera was unplugged around the time he went outside, so if he had come back in it wouldn't have picked him up, since he had just unplugged it.

But how would he know that? One or two blows can also bleed terribly.

IMO
He might know that because he searched the www for head injuries (that's in evidence), it's my conjecture he was looking for a way to do it which would minimize mess. I'm not trying to sale this as proof, or evidence, it's just pure speculation on my part. I think he was looking for an easy, non-messy way to clunk her on the head so that she could not fight back and it would be easier to strangle her, but something went wrong and he lost it, and wailed on her.

Just my conjecture and opinion. AFAIK, it's not evidence, or even testified to.

The reason he didn't call in a claim was he needed to file an official police report to list the 'stolen' items. That would require a statement to police.
That's the only answer.

Speaking of which . . . according to the Homeowners Insurance guy today on the stand, there was a note that said, DO NOT CONTACT THE HUSBAND, contact the sister Kim Young, what's that all about? Again JY avoided being questioned, he would have to answer many questions to the adjuster and/or filling out paperwork at length. Any thoughts?

Pardon my ignorance, but the insurance was not in the sister's name nor did she live in the home, how is she able to make any claims against someone else's insurance policy, especially after a homicide?

His family compiles a list of items stolen (6 months after the murder) but doesn't claim any stolen items on the homeowner insurance policy. Does that make sense?

Why not report what is stolen right away? Why wait 6 months? Why not report it to the insurance company?

Does anyone else wonder why JY filed no claim of robbery/theft when the claim was filed for damage to the house ? His mom made a list of things missing for LE, yet no claim for a $14,000 ring and other jewelry PY stated was missing in her list ?

Good questions!

I did not watch the first trial, hope the jury paid attention, JY's responsibility to report the missing items right away, not relative who did not live in the household, months later or contact to a non policy holder, imo.

Okay let me get this straight..I'm kinda confused about the camera..I read it was unplugged, than it was pushed up..Did he unplug it on the way out and than upon returning pushed it up? I'm just not visualizing any of it..Help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste