State vs. Jason Lynn Young 02-29-12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, hard to believe closing arguments in the am !!

No more witnesses, no more testimony..

I will be on pins and needles until the verdict comes back.

Do you think they will have a verdict by Friday?

Vinnie and other talking heads say more verdicts come in on Friday than any other day.

IMO

Was the theory that he'd be out there reading a sports page too? Can't remember where that came in as part of the tale.

That side of the hotel has naught going for it but a trash can, and is not exactly a library. I can't imagine trying to handle a sports page and cigar out there in the semi-dark with gusting winds.

From opening statements by his attorneys in Trial #1 and also his testimony in trial #1 he said he grabbed a USA Today from the front counter guy so he could catch up on sports scores while enjoying a cigar outside. The USA Today story got dropped by his attorneys in this trial (left out of opening statements).

The USA Today claim was impeached in this trial by his computer activity on scout.com (sports online site he accessed that Thurs night at HI) and he also claimed to his friend Demitrius he was watching football on TV. The most updated scores would have been found online and also on TV. Video evidence showed that JY did not get the USA Today from the HI counter guy, as he claimed and he appeared to have it in his hands already (or was holding something the size of a newspaper in his hands) as seen on video both in the lobby and as he approached that west exit.

Today, it was proven that the accident Jason saw really did happen when an email from Michelle to SS was read out loud in court.

Michelle asked Shelly to check on the patient, as "Jase " was really worried and upset.

Then in his email to Gen, Jason also mentioned the accident he came upon.

That makes 2 x.

Doesn't it seem odd that JY would be so concerned about a stranger, yet when Michelle lost their baby he told her pretty much to get over it.

If the world were more like us (WS) we could have some seriously productive meetings and agendas.

Nite all ya'll!

Nite,John, I am headed out too.

I am curious if the Judge will add the 2nd degree charge...:eek:

Didn't JY say that he cut the lawn that Thursday? He probably had some extra cans of gasoline with him.

Family trip to New Orleans several years ago, trip there we made an overnight stop in Atlanta. On our return trip we left in the early afternoon, ~3pm. Total trip distance is ~840 miles. We made one stop for dinner and then I drove throughout the night and early morning.

On a business trip to Birmingham, Al ended up being an all nighter followed by business meeting and all day of work. Flight was to leave at 6pm from RDU to Atl to BHM. Flight from RDU delayed and we arrived in ATL around 4am. There was no connecting flight to BHM that would get us to the meeting on time, so we rented a car. Although the drive is just 240 miles there was a severe storm which caused us to drive ~40mph for a majority of the trip. We arrived slightly ahead of time for 10am meeting, meeting lasted 1 hour and then we were in the lab working with the customer for the duration of the workday.

Only point to these ramblings is that the driving of JY was quite doable.

I will be on pins and needles until the verdict comes back.

Do you think they will have a verdict by Friday?

Vinnie and other talking heads say more verdicts come in on Friday than any other day.

IMO

I would hope not this Friday, maybe by mid week.

Unless they take a quick vote and all 12 are on the same page.

They have to select a foreperson and all that.

You can't get someone who doesn't want it to fit make it fit - they wouldn't try.

So, why didn't the Pros ask Jason to squeeze his feet in the Size 10 Franklins and prove it once and for all, and stop the speculation?

You think they didn't get someone with size 12 feet to try it first? :wink:

So why the size 10 shoes.... No blood no shoes...

The size 10 shoes are a mystery and I can only speculate. I think your point may be that this is reasonable doubt.

I also have reasonable doubt about the hotel door story. Do you have a thought as to why he would use a twig to keep the exit door from locking?

It is my opinion that PY never mentioned the stolen jewellery for 6 mths is because it was around that time when the police told her that there was no motive for a stranger to have murdered Michelle because there was no robbery. She said it was because she didn't like the officers on the case for the 1st 6 mths lol

Good point.
Blackwell and Spivey were smart and decided to chum up to the mountain folks in hopes of getting them to let their guard down and talk. It worked to a charm. Pat said she really liked Blackwell and Spivey.

I would hope not this Friday, maybe by mid week.

Unless they take a quick vote and all 12 are on the same page.

They have to select a foreperson and all that.

How long was the jury out in the first trial?

I sure hope it isnt a hung jury again because I think the State will retry him again and I dont know if I can endure another trial. LOL!

IMO

I am new to this case....could someone please tell me about the missing diaper? Was CY found without one on??? Missing as how could they know it was missing...no diapers in the garbage? Sorry I am trying to get up to speed a tad here and thanks for anyone that will answer.:seeya:

Night night John.

I am going to bed soon myself.

IMO

Nite Ocean.

I just read over at WRAL# twitter that HC is going to do the entire closing argument himself.

Huh?, I doubt it.

And, just when I thought umms were a part of everyday speech.

:)

I have to admit I have left the door ajar when I was going to go down to the vending machine at the other end of the hallway to get ice or a soft drink and snacks.

imo

Yes, but if you were leaving the hotel to retrieve something from your car would you leave the hotel room door ajar and then also prop the exit door?

So, why didn't the Pros ask Jason to squeeze his feet in the Size 10 Franklins and prove it once and for all, and stop the speculation?

You think they didn't get someone with size 12 feet to try it first? :wink:

I am no lawyer, and I'm certainly not a chemist, though I did stay in a Hampton Inn one time...

Even if JY's feets didn't fit exactly into a size 10 Franklin, he either could have stepped on the heel to wear them kind of slipper-style, or used his hands to make the prints. IMO, the PT asking him to try on a pair would be asking for trouble a la OJ *shudder*.

I did note that the DT did not ask JY to slip his flippers into a comparable pair of size 10 Franklins. So they didn't want the result of that test made public in front of the jury either.

Doesn't it seem odd that JY would be so concerned about a stranger, yet when Michelle lost their baby he told her pretty much to get over it.

Did Michelle ever voice concern because JY traveled so much and she was alone a lot?

imo

How long was the jury out in the first trial?

I sure hope it isnt a hung jury again because I think the State will retry him again and I dont know if I can endure another trial. LOL!

IMO

I think about 3 days, but not full days.

I was watching the CA trial then.

There won't be a third trial.........this is it.

jmo

I think about 3 days, but not full days.

I was watching the CA trial then.

There won't be a third trial.........this is it.

jmo

You think so?

I read about this one case where the Prosecutor tried a defendant 7 times before they finally reached a guilty verdict.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member