State vs. Jason Lynn Young 02-29-12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't JY say that he cut the lawn that Thursday? He probably had some extra cans of gasoline with him.

I just looked at the house at 5108 Birchleaf as it appeared on the 3rd and it does not look like the lawn was cut that day. Wondering now if he just said that in case he was caught buying cans of gasoline (for his trip).

I think about 3 days, but not full days.

I was watching the CA trial then.

There won't be a third trial.........this is it.

jmo

If it's a hung jury, I would want the prosecution to wait a little bit. Eventually, people talk and everything comes to light.

I am new to this case....could someone please tell me about the missing diaper? Was CY found without one on??? Missing as how could they know it was missing...no diapers in the garbage? Sorry I am trying to get up to speed a tad here and thanks for anyone that will answer.:seeya:

CY was found without a diaper on. Testimony is that she wore one at night. Testimony by SS is MY put one on her that night. However, CY was also mostly potty trained and wore regular underwear during the day and was accident-free.

No diaper was found in any garbage can. The garbage and liner had been removed. Garbage bags were found on kitchen counter.

The assumption is that the diaper was taken away with whatever else the perp took with him in his garbage bags of evidentiary items (clothes, shoes, weapon, etc)

Yes, but if you were leaving the hotel to retrieve something from your car would you leave the hotel room door ajar and then also prop the exit door?

If you were going to be standing right next to the exit door, yep.

Look at all the things that could have busted this case wide open.

If the twig had not stuck, if there had not been a bush right there,
if the USA paper was not in his car, or better yet, his room was
discovered to be unlocked when the clerk put the hotel receipt
under it or the newspaper on the dooknob?

If there had been video surveillance in King, NC, if they had found
the other witness, if he had been stopped for a ticket?

So many things that could have happened but didn't.

Wow.

So, why didn't the Pros ask Jason to squeeze his feet in the Size 10 Franklins and prove it once and for all, and stop the speculation?

You think they didn't get someone with size 12 feet to try it first? :wink:

You would just love the DT moment of "If the shoe doesn't fit then you must acquit"

BTW Cammy, I love all of your OMG's. I am not sure what OMG means to you but for the past 3 years I have been convinced it means "Obama must go" :)

Goodnight all!:seeya: It has been so nice debating the case with all of you.

May justice be done.

See you tomorrow.

IMO

The size 10 shoes are a mystery and I can only speculate. I think your point may be that this is reasonable doubt.

I also have reasonable doubt about the hotel door story. Do you have a thought as to why he would use a twig to keep the exit door from locking?

No not really, but it worked, right?

CY was found without a diaper on. Testimony is that she wore one at night. Testimony by SS is MY put one on her that night. However, CY was also mostly potty trained and wore regular underwear during the day and was accident-free.

No diaper was found in any garbage can. The garbage and liner had been removed. Garbage bags were found on kitchen counter.

The assumption is that the diaper was taken away with whatever else the perp took with him in his garbage bags of evidentiary items (clothes, shoes, weapon, etc)

Thank you soooooooooooooo much!:seeya:

Before I go...........

So CY didnt have anything on her bottom?

imo

OJ + leather gloves = bad bad memories/nightmares for anyone who watched that debacle unfold. :banghead:

I don't think anyone wants a reenactment of that, be it with gloves, shoes, or a even dress that's too small. You can always come up with really bad rhymes and puns without a demo of ill-fitting leather, IMHO. "If there's a blister, he must have hit her." "If his toe is black, he did the attack." see... bad rhymes.

Unwilling defendant is not going to give away trade secrets on how to wear uncomfortable and/or too small shoes long enough to place some bloody shoe prints. I think we're on our own to think through how this can happen.

So, why didn't the Pros ask Jason to squeeze his feet in the Size 10 Franklins and prove it once and for all, and stop the speculation?

You think they didn't get someone with size 12 feet to try it first? :wink:

Because JY would have faked them not fitting.

I just got finished reading How I Helped OJ Get Away With Murder by Mike Gilbert. He was OJ's former business manager. Before the glove experiment, Mike Gilbert asked OJ what would happen if he didn't take his arthritis medicine. OJ said his hands would swell. That's why those gloves didn't fit.

JY, imo, would not be above doing something to make sure those shoes did not fit.

You would just love the DT moment of "If the shoe doesn't fit then you must acquit"

BTW Cammy, I love all of your OMG's. I am not sure what OMG means to you but for the past 3 years I have been convinced it means "Obama must go" :)

:floorlaugh:

OMG, I am such a OMG person even in real life.

I don't think he smoked a cigar, but I also understand the stairwell camera was unplugged around the time he went outside, so if he had come back in it wouldn't have picked him up, since he had just unplugged it.

During the state's case I remember seeing a stack of HI's receipts that jy had been to within the few months before the murder, I'm assuming HI, like so many large chains, have similar set ups, security, security locations, layout of the hotel, stairwells, monitor's located at the front desk for surveillance, breakfast same,etc.... I think he was ready for this. Sounds to me like he scoped it out a little when he first got there, to make sure it was all clear. And since he was comfortable with what he saw, he went through with it....

Too bad they weren't able to get a hold of him scouting out any other of the HI's on surveillance... because I will bet he came up with his plan at one of those HI's he'd stayed at just before this!!!!!!!
JMO

You think so?

I read about this one case where the Prosecutor tried a defendant 7 times before they finally reached a guilty verdict.

IMO

I heard about a similar case last year, maybe the same one. He had been tried 6x so maybe they were on the 7th. Good grief...

Capture-51.jpg

Now who would use a tiny twig to prop a heavy steel door?
And Jay told us he put it above the latch, where it was proven useless.

:laughcry:

If you were going to be standing right next to the exit door, yep.

Look at all the things that could have busted this case wide open.

If the twig had not stuck, if there had not been a bush right there,
if the USA paper was not in his car, or better yet, his room was
discovered to be unlocked when the clerk put the hotel receipt
under it or the newspaper on the dooknob?

If there had been video surveillance in King, NC, if they had found
the other witness, if he had been stopped for a ticket?

So many things that could have happened but didn't.

Wow.

So the hotel guy is lying when he said there was a rock propping the door open? It seems that if a story can be proven true then it must be true? Is it possible that JY is telling a lie yet the statements can be proven true? I think it is well crafted alibi. It just does not make sense to not carry the hotel key when exiting the hotel for the cigar smoke.

I don't think the size 10 shoes will matter as much to the jury as far as proving that JY wore them. Last time they were instructed that they could still find him guilty even if they thought there were 2 attackers. They will probably be instructed the same this time.

Would have made more sense to call her cell. Then, when she didn't pick up, call her work. Then when he's told she didn't come in, try the cell again. If there was a house phone, try that one. Then frantically call MF saying "I can't get up with Michelle! I'm worried about her, and she hasn't made it to work yet, and she's not answering the phone."

If JY would have done it that way he would have to come straight home and would not be able to go by mama's house!! If JY would have called MF early am and MF found MY earlier then JY would had to come straight from VA to NC and he did not want to do that!!

During the state's case I remember seeing a stack of HI's receipts that jy had been to within the few months before the murder, I'm assuming HI, like so many large chains, have similar set ups, security, security locations, layout of the hotel, stairwells, monitor's located at the front desk for surveillance, breakfast same,etc.... I think he was ready for this. Sounds to me like he scoped it out a little when he first got there, to make sure it was all clear. And since he was comfortable with what he saw, he went through with it....

Too bad they weren't able to get a hold of him scouting out any other of the HI's on surveillance... because I will bet he came up with his plan at one of those HI's he'd stayed at just before this!!!!!!!
JMO

Lol, that stack of papers were not all from hotel recipts.
They were from using his Hilton Honor Credit card for purchases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fitzybjj