State vs. Jason Lynn Young 02-29-12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The size 10 shoes is doing exactly what JY wanted them to do - throw people off and on the wrong path.

It is not uncommon for a killer to purposely wear a shoe that is not their true size in order to throw off the police and avoid suspicion. In fact, as we see more and more CSI type shows, we'll see more of this type of thing.

There was a case I saw on TruTv recently where the killer, some professional poker player in Cali, killed his parents with a baseball bat. He bought a pair of shoes 2 sizes too big and wore those as he committed the murders, leaving shoe prints of shoes 2 sizes too big and for which there was no record of his purchase. Unfortunately for him (fortunately, for justice), the police found a warranty for the bat that had been left at the crime scene - that warranty was traced to a bat that was traced to him.

He's smart enough to think of getting extra shoes to throw LE off, but yet not enough to wear other shoes himself.. Not buying it & if I were on the jury I'd be asking the same question.... DOUBT!

So the hotel guy is lying when he said there was a rock propping the door open? It seems that if a story can be proven true then it must be true? Is it possible that JY is telling a lie yet the statements can be proven true? I think it is well crafted alibi. It just does not make sense to not carry the hotel key when exiting the hotel for the cigar smoke.

The twig in the door worked exactly like he claimed, right in the lock, or he said it would fall to the ground.

That would have been big, if the twig had fallen out, but nope, it didn't,

:)

He's smart enough to think of getting extra shoes to throw LE off, but yet not enough to wear other shoes himself.. Not buying it & if I were on the jury I'd be asking the same question.... DOUBT!

Maybe the Jurors will ask if Jason can try on the size 10 Franklins that the state entered?

I don't think the size 10 shoes will matter as much to the jury as far as proving that JY wore them. Last time they were instructed that they could still find him guilty even if they thought there were 2 attackers. They will probably be instructed the same this time.

The judge already confirmed he will instruct 202.10 - the jury can infer he acted in concert.

As supposedly smart as BC was he was still stupid enough to search for the dump site on his work computer. He had access to hundreds of severs in a lab where he could log in with admin credentials to do this search yet he searched on his work computer. 1 step away from the perfect crime?

Today, it was proven that the accident Jason saw really did happen when an email from Michelle to SS was read out loud in court.

Michelle asked Shelly to check on the patient, as "Jase " was really worried and upset.

Then in his email to Gen, Jason also mentioned the accident he came upon.

That makes 2 x.

Catching up, so sorry if this was addressed already...

Cammy that is not necessarily true. MY did email SS asking if any patients had come in and SS emailed back that there were 3 patients that day and the only patient that came into the ER/OR due to an accident was a black man who had to go through orthoscopic surgery for an injury to his leg. How does that explain the head trauma/anatomy of a knockout, etc... searches. That is not evidence that there was an accident that JY witnessed and/or helped with... I'm of the belief it happened in his fantasy world. No one, not the victim or first responders have ever come forward regarding an accident in that time frame.

I haven't had much time to read or post, but just wanted to say that HC did a great job of demonstrating that PY would and did lie for her son.

PY's ugly side came out yesterday while HC kept his cool.

So the hotel guy is lying when he said there was a rock propping the door open? It seems that if a story can be proven true then it must be true? Is it possible that JY is telling a lie yet the statements can be proven true? I think it is well crafted alibi. It just does not make sense to not carry the hotel key when exiting the hotel for the cigar smoke.

If we believe Jay used that tiny twig, that means another slippery guest decided to prop the same emergency exit with a rock the very same night (after midnight)

Really?

As supposedly smart as BC was he was still stupid enough to search for the dump site on his work computer. He had access to hundreds of severs in a lab where he could log in with admin credentials to do this search yet he searched on his work computer. 1 step away from the perfect crime?

I did not watch that trial so I have no idea what you are talking about.....

Thank you.

Actually it has been the easiest and most wonderful journey I have ever made.

I am very blessed to have a wonderful, thoughtful, loving, and caring husband.

IMO

This is simply beautiful, brought tears to my eyes. It's almost impossible to hear anyone speak so lovingly of a spouse any more--especially after 28 years. Big hugs to you and your husband!

Criminals have gotten smarter as technology has advanced. Crime shows give lots of hints on how to avoid being caught (just do the opposite of whatever the perp of the week does). But smart people are in jail nonetheless.

It seems it's easier to convince (or bamboozle, take your pick) people of doubt if you are able to avoid or clean up or otherwise obfuscate physical evidence.

Because there's the ability for CSI types to find all kinds of physical evidence, many think that crime scenes HAVE TO have it there and if DNA or blood or whatever is missing then it means you cannot convict because it should be there (because hey, it was on last week's CSI, so why isn't it found in this crime scene ... because it should be!?).

The lines of reality are somewhat blurred I think.

Capture-51.jpg

Now who would use a tiny twig to prop a heavy steel door?
And Jay told us he put it above the latch, where it was proven useless.

:laughcry:

It's a good one alright, what with the normal door right next to it - oops that door would record the person coming back in!!

Also, it's a small hotel and he could have easily gone out the front door to smoke outside, no propping needed at all.

Anyway, the "twig the lock" I'm sure was the result of experiment. The normal way to prop a door open is to put something on the ground to hold it - that takes gravity out of the way. Once they knew the twig likely wouldn't hold on the ground they did the thing in the lock.

Anyway whether his far away tale from a long time ago involves a delicate twig or a mighty redwood, it doesn't make the story any more believable. I give him credit the magic twig seems to have diverted from the howler he's telling on why he propped all those doors open. Probably unplugged the camera so as not to bother the front desk with all that recording. Always thinking of others!

The way he snuck out of that hotel, disabling doors, locks and cameras, changing outfits, appearing and disappearing, he should change his name from Jason Young to Jason Bourne.

It's a good one alright, what with the normal door right next to it - oops that door would record the person coming back in!!

Also, it's a small hotel and he could have easily gone out the front door to smoke outside, no propping needed at all.

Anyway, the "twig the lock" I'm sure was the result of experiment. The normal way to prop a door open is to put something on the ground to hold it - that takes gravity out of the way. Once they knew the twig likely wouldn't hold on the ground they did the thing in the lock.

Anyway whether his far away tale from a long time ago involves a delicate twig or a might redwood, it doesn't make the story any more believable. I give him credit the magic twig seems to have diverted from the howler he's telling on why he propped all those doors open. Probably unplugged the camera so as not to bother the front desk with all that recording. Always thinking of others!

The courteous nature is amazing. He was simply aware of the MTBF of door latches and was simply prolonging its usage by 1.

I won't be around tomorrow to watch Closing arguments, can someone tell if there is a way to watch them tomorrow evening..Wral does the live feed but don't know if you can pull it up after court is over..Thanks

Doesn't it seem odd that JY would be so concerned about a stranger, yet when Michelle lost their baby he told her pretty much to get over it.

He hated MY and left his little darling daughter in the horror he caused all night by herself. I hope in closing the PT brings back MY final moments and gets these jurors to think about the totality of the evidence.

I won't be around tomorrow to watch Closing arguments, can someone tell if there is a way to watch them tomorrow evening..Wral does the live feed but don't know if you can pull it up after court is over..Thanks

they do usually load it up after it's over, and break it into parts.

I have to say I was disappointed we didn't get to hear about the 75 bags of evidence.

Watching a guy go into a room and letting a door close very lightly from the inside so that it latches sometimes and sometimes not was not compelling, of anything. More compelling? He took his keycard with him when he was out of the room. :-D And, he did not discuss the door with the management to see if they had changed the door lock, done any maintenance on it, or ever had anyone complain about it.

I didn't see the exciting conclusion to the fingerprint guy. Hopefully he threw a punch in there.

Otherwise, really, the defense could have called the two neighborhood residents as those are the only points I've really seen them make that could trouble the state's case. IMO, the state was as much an obstacle to its own case as the defense was.

I hope JY's nights will be occupied for a long time to come which is a euphemism for I hope he goes to jail!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member