State vs. Jason Lynn Young 02-29-12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He went into that house probably with robbery as his goal (drugs involved?) saw an opportunity to sexually assault a woman who was convalescing there, and then killed her so she would not identify him. He left his DNA. The attack on the woman was likely a spontaneous crime of opportunity since she didn't live there, he didn't know her, he didn't know she would be there.

Do rapists then murder their victims? Sadly, quite often.

MY's murder was nothing like Kathy Taft. Not close.

The perp went to MY's house for the sole purpose of murdering her. They then went to some trouble to take care of CY, clean her up, take off her diaper, get her to bed, and then not steal the obvious things a robber would steal. They didn't just kill MY, they butchered her with a rage that was personal and intentional. She was the target, the only target. No forced entry, no enemies, no crime of opportunity, no randomness about it.

I agree with most of what you said, except one part of my theory that I didn't mention is that I think there was an attempted rape. I think the perp tried to rape MY and became enraged when she fought back.

He was there, she was there, he cleaned up her up. He probably put in her back in bed (gave her some medicine), thinking she'd fall asleep and left - he had to leave or else be caught.

I get that... but what purpose does it serve HIM to clean her up? What does he gain from it? Why not leave her feet bloody and a diaper on her? Surely that's no worse than murdering her mother in front of her?

The hushpuppies, missing clothes, and Cassidy cleanup create unreasonable doubt. Those things along with motive, means, and opportunity are all a jury needs.

No blood in SUV, size 10 shoe prints, unidentified hair, no cuts, scratches or bruises on JY... Thats just a few..

I agree with most of what you said, except one part of my theory that I didn't mention is that I think there was an attempted rape. I think the perp tried to rape MY and became enraged when she fought back.

The M.E. disagrees completely. Her clothes were not disturbed, she was fully dressed, the blood pattern on her clothes proves that no items of clothes were removed, clothes not torn, she was wearing underwear and tshirt and sweat pants and zipped hoodie. He saw no evidence of sexual assault. The defense team also did not argue that MY was assaulted or that it was an attempted rape.

I don't have to believe JY never smoked a cigar to believe he didn't prop those doors open to smoke one the night his wife was murdered.

I don't have to believe JY never slept in a hotel to believe he left those doors propped open so he could be gone from the room without being traced.

I don't have to believe JY never got rid of a pair of shoes to believe he made up the story of his fairly recent but rare HP Orbitals being given away to avoid connection with those shoe prints in the bed room.

I don't have to believe JY lied about everything to see that he was willing to lie to insurance companies to collect money.

I don't have to believe Michelle was right about everything to believe JY treated her badly and openly exhibited his disdain for her.

I don't have to believe JY was totally broke to believe he was interested in more than the passing possibility of making Michelle's death both obligation ending and profitable.

I don't have to believe everyone in JY's family lies to understand they were misinformed by JY, just like his wife always was.

I don't have to believe JY was never funny or charming to believe he was concerned only about his own desires and impulses.

I don't have to believe JY killed a woman before to believe he did kill Michelle.

I do believe the things that were done to Michelle that night were done for the first time by whoever did them. I think that person had a reason. And I think that person is on trial.

I get what you're saying, but it seems rather circular logic to me. He cleaned her up because he cared for her, and we know he cared for her because he cleaned her up!

One doesn't spend the time to clean a child, and then leave her there for half a day. Other than the missing diaper, is there anything else that shows she was cleaned up? Are we certain it's missing? Or just wasn't found? The garbage cans weren't searched right?

The argument that only a father would care enough to clean blood off his daughter's feet makes no sense if he then turned around and left her to roam free around the house until who knows when.

JMO

Don't know what to say about the missing diaper...

I get that... but what purpose does it serve HIM to clean her up? What does he gain from it? Why not leave her feet bloody and a diaper on her? Surely that's no worse than murdering her mother in front of her?

Purpose that serves him?

- Contain the mess to the extent he could, with the time he had left. He obviously didn't want blood all over the place. Notice she was picked up and taken to her bathroom. Her mess was contained mostly in there, except for the areas she walked around in the MBR.
- Get her back to sleep and hopefully with no memory of what she saw by the time she was found
- take off soiled diaper so she wouldn't stay awake or wake up because of a soiled diaper (kids don't want to sit in dirty diapers)

Does that benefit him? I think it does.

He was there, she was there - she saw him, was he to ignore her??? He did what he could for her while he could and had left.

And yet, we know she was cleaned up! More likely JY to clean her up or some random killer?????

The argument that only a father would care enough to clean blood off his daughter's feet makes no sense if he then turned around and left her to roam free around the house until who knows when.

JMO

Wel, that woukd fit the description of how Michelle described sex with Jason Young. Most attempted rapists turned brutal murderers do not rid the crime scene of diapers. That last part is just a hunch, though.

I get what you're saying, but it seems rather circular logic to me. He cleaned her up because he cared for her, and we know he cared for her because he cleaned her up!

One doesn't spend the time to clean a child, and then leave her there for half a day. Other than the missing diaper, is there anything else that shows she was cleaned up? Are we certain it's missing? Or just wasn't found? The garbage cans weren't searched right?
It's not circular, because that's not what I said at all. I did not say we know he loved Cassidy because he cleaned her up. I simply said that cleaning her up showed tender feelings towards her, because I think he cleaned her up because he didn't want her covered in her mother's blood, but that's just my speculation.

Whoever cleaned her up had tender feelings for her, or had a very compelling reason, or else they would have just left her there, because IMO random killer is not going to hang about a house, cleaning up a two year old, not knowing who might walk into the house. Leave her alive, probably yes, but not clean her up.

Whoever cleaned her up, whether it was random killer or Jason, knew it was OK to hang around the house cleaning up a baby.

IMO

Purpose that serves him?

- Contain the mess to the extent he could, with the time he had left. He obviously didn't want blood all over the place. Notice she was picked up and taken to her bathroom. Her mess was contained mostly in there, except for the areas she walked around in the MBR.
- Get her back to sleep and hopefully with no memory of what she saw by the time she was found
- take off soiled diaper so she wouldn't stay awake or wake up because of a soiled diaper (kids don't want to sit in dirty diapers)

Does that benefit him? I think it does.

I just don't see how any of those would benefit him in the commission of a murder. Or how it would benefit him more than it would a random person.

JMO

Exactly... He left her to roam around for 6 hrs.. Hmmm!!!

The M.E. disagrees completely. Her clothes were not disturbed, she was fully dressed, the blood pattern on her clothes proves that no items of clothes were removed, clothes not torn, she was wearing underwear and tshirt and sweat pants and zipped hoodie. He saw no evidence of sexual assault. The defense team also did not argue that MY was assaulted or that it was an attempted rape.

I doubt the ME would speculate on my theory - I think the attacker would have been planning to rape but then MY fought back so ferociously that things spiraled out of control. So there would be no sign of rape or even attempted rape from an ME's perspective.

The defense team is only defending JY; they don't have to present alternate theories.

JY obviously didn't intend to murder MY in front of his little daughter. That wasn't something he expected. Neither did he expect his wife to resist. He expect a "blunt force knockout" followed by strangulation. Not a loud, messy murder that it turned into.

Did he then improvise to deal with the situation? Yes.

Did he want to contain the mess to whatever extent he could at that point? Yes.

Was he concerned about his house, the value of his house, what he would get for his house, what kind of 'hit' he'd take on the house? Yes.

Was cleaning his daughter part of a strategy to contain a mess? Yes.

Did he hope she'd forget what she saw or at least not talk about it? Yes.

Did he give her some meds to help that process of sleep and maybe forgetting? I think so, yes.

I doubt the ME would speculate on my theory - I think the attacker would have been planning to rape but then MY fought back so ferociously that things spiraled out of control. So there would be no sign of rape or even attempted rape from an ME's perspective.

The defense team is only defending JY; they don't have to present alternate theories.

The defense doesn't have to do anything, but I don't know of any defense team that wouldn't throw those out as possibilities if they could. This defense team pointed their finger at MF. Do you believe if they had a reasonable argument to make wrt sexual assault as a motive they would not bring it up to help insert reasonable doubt? This was a competent team. If they had something to point to, they would. They didn't, because the M.E. testified there was no evidence.

Wel, that woukd fit the description of how Michelle described sex with Jason Young. Most attempted rapists turned brutal murderers do not rid the crime scene of diapers. That last part is just a hunch, though.

Oh yeah, just to be clear I know my entire theory is just a theory/hunch. I was just answering someone else's post as to what some of us think could have happened if JY didn't kill MY.

(and I'm just speaking for myself)

I think the CY cleaning situation is a bit murky.

Coming from the JY having been there viewpoint, it would make sense he'd clean her up as part of putting her back to bed. She was likely talking about what had happened (to whoever was there), maybe had it explained as a spanking, and then was put back to bed in some fashion. I could see cleaning up as a way to get her back in the mode of going back to bed, including taking away a wet diaper.

I think a random killer (though i agree with Fromageball that some killers draw lines) would be less likely to go through all that.

But just less likely. It's not a smoking diaper to me. It's just more consistent with JY than someone else, the way I read it. It's impossible to really know why it happened, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member