State vs. Jason Lynn Young 03-01-12 (P.M. session: PT closing arguments)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately, we don't have all the pieces to the puzzle - only the killer has those. Fortunately, we have enough pieces to make it out - JY is guilty.

I thought that was a great analogy. Precise and to the point. jmo

The one thing that has me scratching my head that I can't reconcile overall is a really odd one. I can make everything else stand out but this. I can cancel out DT with PT and PT with DT on most of what I am looking for.

What is the thinking behind why there are fingerprints on the sheetrock (theorized that he balanced while beating her) when there are no injuries and we assume he had gloves on?

Do we think he removed them when the strangling didn't work and he didn't need them for the beating?

I guess we will always have unanswered questions.

For the life of me I dont know why he couldnt accomplish strangling her. She was much smaller than he is and 5 months pregnant.

And who balances one hand on the sheetrock while they are beating someone with the other hand? That just doesnt make sense to me.

If he didnt use the gloves for the beating that Michelle cruelly received he would have to have injuries to his knuckles. This was a horrific beating and the PT seems to say he beat her with his fists since they never said he hit her with some type of bludgeoning weapon. Unless I missed that too. Did the ME testify to what he thought made the wounds to her head?

IMO

For the life of me I dont know why he couldnt accomplish strangling her. She was much smaller than he is and 5 months pregnant.

And who balances one hand on the sheetrock while they are beating someone with the other hand? That just doesnt make sense to me.

If he didnt use the gloves for the beating that Michelle cruelly received he would have to have injuries to his knuckles. This was a horrific beating and the PT seems to say he beat her with his fists since they never said he hit her with some type of bludgeoning weapon. Unless I missed that too. Did the ME testify to what he thought made the wounds to her head?

IMO

I keep going back to the questions you are asking and I can pretty easily shed the strangling idea one of two ways. If not JY, then it's a woman. If JY, he saw her face. While that might enrage him, I think that might explain so many blows to the back of the head. However, if he left prints while doing that on the wall (which I think should have been left out altogether) then he should have left some bloody ones somewhere at some point.

I have no idea what he would have used, but I would love to know. I think just the murder weapon would finalize it in my mind.

IMO

I find that odd too. But at the same time, I can imagine it is very hard to strangle someone (and time consuming)- especially with her fighting for her life. And I know when you're pregnant (and have a kid at home), you'd be fighting with everything you have to protect your babies.

I hope tomorrow is the last day he will ever be outside in the public. Ever.

A door lock is not that expensive though especially when a murderer is trying to cover his tracks.

I missed that part. So Cass was in the bathroom locked up the entire time?

I thought I had read she was walking around in the home when Meredeth arrived?

Maybe I have that part wrong because I havent been able to keep up with all of the trial especially the first few weeks.

IMO

Not the entire time Ocean, but they're pretty sure she was for some time because of the foot prints on the wall behind the door IRRC

Oh, Cammy. I thank you for keeping me engaged

snipped by me, respectfully to both Litig8r and Cammy,

i keep reading this as, "Oh Cammy. I thank you for keeping me enRaged..."

:rage:

Yes! That's what I mean by 100%! If the PT has not proved their case beyond a reasonable doubt, I can't convict him, even if I think there's a good chance he did it.
Do you think they proved it BARD?

Yes he did.... No she wasnt ok with it..Is anyone ever ok with something like that? Why should she run? Hes never touched her since.... Should a man put his hands on a woman like that? No, but it happens, but it doesnt mean he will kill her... Shes in her 30's......

As long as he doesn't kill her? jmo

What if those 10 guilty men kill 10 innocent people? Those 10 innocent people have numerous family members that suffer. I think Jy is guilty and there's no way I could vote ng knowing that my vote would cause additional suffering.

Meaning that he will kill again? I don't think that likely, but I couldn't vote G because I was afraid he would do it again. I could only vote G based on evidence in this case.. G by me. :seeya:jmo

A door lock is not that expensive though especially when a murderer is trying to cover his tracks.

I missed that part. So Cass was in the bathroom locked up the entire time?

I thought I had read she was walking around in the home when Meredeth arrived?

Maybe I have that part wrong because I havent been able to keep up with all of the trial especially the first few weeks.

IMO

I think the theory is that she was locked up in the bathroom at some point for some period of time, but she was found in the master bedroom.

I'm not a famous person or a great philosopher, but I think it's better that one innocent person be found not guilty and stay out of prison and the 10 guilty be found guilty and be put in prison.

Absolutely! I hope one day we have a justice system that gets it right every time. I don't know how that would work, but I hope for it.

So you are satisfied for him to walk free? Do you think he is not guilty?

I don't know why you think my answer is going to change. Yes, I think he is guilty. No, I am not fully satisfied or entirely convinced. So, yes, I would vote Not Guilty. No, I wouldn't blame myself for a killer going free, I would blame the prosecution for not providing me with evidence to cast a guilty vote. Is that satisfying? No, but it's justice.

What if those 10 guilty men kill 10 innocent people? Those 10 innocent people have numerous family members that suffer. I think Jy is guilty and there's no way I could vote ng knowing that my vote would cause additional suffering.

Not picking on you, I swear! That can't be the criteria for convicting anyone who is brought up on murder charges. :seeya:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966