State vs Jason Lynn Young 2-10-12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The court stipulated it was a 2 hour and 40 minute drive and both sides agreed on it.

It is 170 miles and through the mountains.

Jason left home at 7:30 , stopped in Greensboro at CB for 30 minutes, and arrived at the hotel at 10:54......That is 3 hours and 24 minutes after he left home, subtract the 30 minute meal , and that is 2 hours and 54 minutes.........

Take off a few minutes here and there for the gas station in Raleigh, getting in and out of the car at CB, and walking to his car from the hotel parking lot.
2 hours+40 minutes, nothing else matters unless it was on the nite Jason did it, and road conditions and weather and all that were taken into the same consideration.

Det. Brent David testified it was close to 3 hours.
Det, Brent David checked the airport at Raleigh/Durham for private flights because of how long it took.

He was seen leaving the side exit at about midnight and the theory is that he tilted the camera at 6:35 (although we don't know if unplugging the camera messed with the finnicky time stamp).

6h35m travel minus 5h20m travel minus 10 minutes to buy gas ... leaves one hour and 5 minutes for:

murder, shower, change clothes, drug the child, clean the child, change the child, put the child to sleep, stage two sets of footprints, get rid of any unwanted clothes, steal some jewelry, turn on all the lights, grab a weapon, hide a weapon, do whatever else in the house ... did I miss anything? Can all that be done in 65 minutes?

I read one of the SW's in which there were something like 50 calls/texts within a 24 hr period between MM and JY the day, night MY was murdered. Total in a one month time was somewhere in the neighborhood of 950 calls/texts.

Poppy,

The rock was placed in an emergency exit door, which led straight out to the side parking lot. He had also earlier unplugged the video camera covering that exit so he wouldn't be caught on the surveillance video. As far as his hotel room door, he placed some kind of shim so that the lock would not engage when he closed the door. This way he didn't have to use his key card except for the first time he entered his room upon checking in. His story is that he left his room 3 times that night. But he didn't have or use his key card on any of those reentries.

I agree, his actions do not follow his words.

He was seen leaving the side exit at about midnight and the theory is that he tilted the camera at 6:35 (although we don't know if unplugging the camera messed with the finnicky time stamp).

6h35m travel minus 5h20m travel minus 10 minutes to buy gas ... leaves one hour and 5 minutes for:

murder, shower, change clothes, drug the child, clean the child, change the child, put the child to sleep, stage two sets of footprints, get rid of any unwanted clothes, steal some jewelry, turn on all the lights, grab a weapon, hide a weapon, do whatever else in the house ... did I miss anything? Can all that be done in 65 minutes?

I would leave the part out about buying gas, but the rest looks good.

I would leave the part out about buying gas, but the rest looks good.

The prosecution theory has him buying gas and there's also the time it takes to get in the car and get going ... that could remove another 5 minutes.

That's a lot to do in an hour.

Poppy,

The rock was placed in an emergency exit door, which led straight out to the side parking lot. He had also earlier unplugged the video camera covering that exit so he wouldn't be caught on the surveillance video. As far as his hotel room door, he placed some kind of shim so that the lock would not engage when he closed the door. This way he didn't have to use his key card except for the first time he entered his room upon checking in. His story is that he left his room 3 times that night. But he didn't have or use his key card on any of those reentries.

Thanks!:rocker:

65 minutes?

Thanks, I was thinking he had 50-60 minutes.
Based on the list above, betcha I could do it in 30 minutes.
:D

Defendants are presumed innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

They are to be presumed innocent by the jury. Many of us already sat through one trial, listened to all the testimony, and came to our own conclusion beyond a reasonable doubt. Much like many of us did in the CA trial.

Do you know the background of that email, not that I am justifying it, but the power had gone out, Jason had wanted to finish cutting the grass, and I guess got interrupted, and it was summer and no a/c in the house, or tv for CY.

Things get taken out of context and made to look worse than they are sometimes.

JMO

Sure - taking things out of context would be when I say to my husband "sleep with your eyes open" after he's done something silly and it sounds like I am threatening him. Or if I emailed that to him. Believe me - I am sure I have said some things that - taken by themselves - could sound REALLY bad.

However, if I say - "I could kill you for mocking me - this is just one more thing you've done in the last year that drives me nuts. Your *advertiser censored* dog pissed all over the carpet and I had to clean it up. You distracted me and now I have to shampoo the *advertiser censored* carpet. I swear you better get home because I am starting to drink and if the alcohol doesn't kick in, you're gonna be sorry" - I am not sure in what context or what tone that could be anywhere near acceptable or not a sign of a very hostile / volatile / troubled person.

^^^ Yeah, and the context is, in fact, that she's dead.

I think one or two of the emails went as far as to say: I'm pissed because of _______ and I could kill you because of _________.

Insert absolutely inane disagreements or criticism in the blanks.

Hi everyone, I am new to the discussion and have been reading all of your posts and really enjoying all of the discussions throughout the week.
One thing that I was wondering that I thought was really interesting is the other day when Michelle's college friend Shelly Schaad testified she described the small car accident that occurred when Jayson was driving which later caused Michelle to have a miscarriage. It very much sounded to me that Jayson did it on purpose.

I think one or two of the emails went as far as to say: I'm pissed because of _______ and I could kill you because of _________.

Insert absolutely inane disagreements or criticism in the blanks.
MY – “I know you are mad and I am really sorry. I know you have been doing a lot around the house and with Cass and I really appreciate it. I have just been really busy at work and I thought this is a slack time for you with your job so you could handle it.
Please give me a call — I want to know who is picking up Cass today.”

JY – ” I don’t care who gets her.”

JY – “I just got home and the *advertiser censored* power is out, I called progress and a crew is already out. Cass pissed herself all over the floor, it’s hot as hell inside and I can’t entertain her enough w/o tv to finish the godamn yard. I am taking beer and her to pool. I am in a mood that makes our trip to myrtle seem mild, pray the beer kicks in. I could kill u for not letting me finish the yard this morning.”

Hi everyone, I am new to the discussion and have been reading all of your posts and really enjoying all of the discussions throughout the week.
One thing that I was wondering that I thought was really interesting is the other day when Michelle's college friend Shelly Schaad testified she described the small car accident that occurred when Jayson was driving which later caused Michelle to have a miscarriage. It very much sounded to me that Jayson did it on purpose.

Yes, many think that incident was his first attempt to kill michelle and end the pregnancy. I bet we hear the testimony he insisted on $1,000,000 / $2,000,000 (AD) life insurance over MY's objections....3 months before that wreck.

BTW, just because MY said the most recent pregnancy was planned, does not mean Jason was in agreement.
Sex and more sex is what he wanted.

Thanks for that female insight Madeleine74 :groucho:

Do you know the background of that email, not that I am justifying it, but the power had gone out, Jason had wanted to finish cutting the grass, and I guess got interrupted, and it was summer and no a/c in the house, or tv for CY.

Things get taken out of context and made to look worse than they are sometimes.

JMO

Ummm.....No matter what circumstances he was under that day, no man should ever talk to his wife that way or refer to his child in that manner. If he had any love or respect for Michelle, that email would have been worded very different. Please don't make an excuse for this email. It was exactly how he was feeling.

Ummm.....No matter what circumstances he was under that day, no man should ever talk to his wife that way or refer to his child in that manner. If he had any love or respect for Michelle, that email would have been worded very different. Please don't make an excuse for this email. It was exactly how he was feeling.

Even his lawyers don't make excuses for his pathetic behavior.
<modsnip>

welcome to websleuths!!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

I too found it strange... esp that they wouldn't just get coffee on the road as they were heading back home anyhow...

made no sense to me

welcome to websleuths!!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

I too found it strange... esp that they wouldn't just get coffee on the road as they were heading back home anyhow...

made no sense to me

The only thing that makes sense is that maybe the coffee place was in the opposite direction of the route they were taking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryJane 55