State vs Jason Lynn Young 2-13-12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since JLY refused to talk to the detectives since before he returned to Raleigh, the DA had no idea he would make up some car wreck to account for those computer searches. Consequently, they had no prior notice to search for a wreck that might have occured. Now that they've been forewarned, I'm sure they've 'hunted down' any possible accident scene JLY could be referring to. :seeya:

Thanks.

I didn't watch the first trial so I had no idea how much weight to give to this claim of the wreck, etc.

Am I right to think from your post that it wasn't challenged at all by DA since they didn't know to expect it nor was it corroborated by any other defense witnesses or evidence introduced?

This Galloway guy has a pretty bad speech impediment. He is unable to pronounce the 'th' sound or any word that has the pattern of "rth" in it. Along with his southern accent, he can be hard to understand.

He almost sounds to me as if he has a bit of a Southern Louisiana accent thrown in there too. He almost sounds a bit like Mary Matalin's husband, is it James Carville? That New Orleans accent.

This Galloway guy has a pretty bad speech impediment. He is unable to pronounce the 'th' sound or any word that has the pattern of "rth" in it. Along with his southern accent, he can be hard to understand.

I had not noticed a speech impediment, but I am having a hard time understanding the judge. He really has a southern drawl. jmo

He almost sounds to me as if he has a bit of a Southern Louisiana accent thrown in there too. He almost sounds a bit like Mary Matalin's husband, is it James Carville? That New Orleans accent.

You are right. James Carville. I knew he sounded like someone I've heard but could not place him.

Thanks.

I didn't watch the first trial so I had no idea how much weight to give to this claim of the wreck, etc.

Am I right to think from your post that it wasn't challenged at all by DA since they didn't know to expect it nor was it corroborated by any other defense witnesses or evidence introduced?

In an email to Gen, his ex~g.f, he wrote an email describing the car wreck he came upon....and, the condition of the person inside.

That should come in at a later date,.

In fact, he talks about the car accident he and Michelle were in too, in that email.

I know, this is difficult, being a retrial ..

Sorry.

Galloway says "dis" for "this" and "deese" for "these" and "da" for "the." Just a few examples of what I noticed today. And interestingly (perhaps just to me), the CCBI agent who testified in the Cooper case (Thomas Como) also has a speech impediment. His particular issue is stuttering.

Thanks.

I don't recall it being corroborated by anyone other than perhaps his mom. Not saying she did, only saying she might have said 'he stopped at an accident scene....yadda yadda yadda....

If anyone has better info, please correct me. I'm not trying to mislead anyone. Just saying, when questioned about those computer searches, that's what he said they referred to.

Thanks.

I feel sure we will hear all about this wreck from the state, if and when JLY testifies.

Wait, we will hear regardless. The state can and likely will use JLY's testimony from the first trial to impeach him in this trial.

Poor Jay

In an email to Gen, his ex~financee, he wrote an email describing the car wreck he came upon....and, the condition of the person inside.

That should come in at a later date,.

In fact, he talks about the car accident he and Michelle were in too, in that email.

I know, this is difficult, being a retrial ..

Sorry.

Thanks Cammy,
At this point I have a hard time believing much of what he wrote or said to any woman. This is a man who either swallowed or pretended to wedding rings to keep a woman he cheated with at his house while his wife thought they were just good friends.

Back on already.

I don't recall it being corroborated by anyone other than perhaps his mom. Not saying she did, only saying she might have said 'he stopped at an accident scene....yadda yadda yadda....

If anyone has better info, please correct me. I'm not trying to mislead anyone. Just saying, when questioned about those computer searches, that's what he said they referred to.

It is in his email to Gen as well.

Galloway says "dis" for "this" and "deese" for "these" and "da" for "the." Just a few examples of what I noticed today. And interestingly (perhaps just to me), the CCBI agent who testified in the Cooper case (Thomas Como) also has a speech impediment. His particular issue is stuttering.

just like Donnie

I had not noticed a speech impediment, but I am having a hard time understanding the judge. He really has a southern drawl. jmo

When we first moved down here, in the 1970's, I had a lot of trouble understanding some native southerners. :waitasec: I've gotten much better over the years. :seeya: And for some reason, I've got this inate ability to detect regional dialects. Minneapolis is one of my specialities. :fence:

I find it ironic how people wait for the CSI folk to testify in a trial. Turns out CSI testimony is often the most boring and tedious aspect. Nothing like those 42 min crime shows people see! Imagine turning on your TV, tuning to "CSI" and then there's an hour of paper bags being opened, evidence numbers being given, a few items held up, and that's about it. ;)

Was there a forum on the first trial. Maybe if so we can go back and read so we can separate information from that trial and not confuse it with this one. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member