State vs Jason Lynn Young 2-16-2012

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
9/12/06. Less than 2 months before he brutally murdered his wife he sends GC an email telling her she is the love of his life.

Am I the only one who thinks this email testimony could have followed a coherent timeline? These are all over the place with respect to when sent and when blocked.

I agree that so much info has been elicited from this witness that the importance of the assault in the motel room may have been diminished.

For posters who still have camera questions, JTF did a good job explaining it to me during the first trial with pictures. Our conversation starts here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6646375&highlight=3doglady#post6646375

It's an extremely interesting part of the case. The hotel staff, I believe, testified that the camera was pointed up not long (30 minutes or less I think) after it was plugged back in. This means, of course, if JY did the pushing (actually whoever did it), narrowly missed Elmer as he placed the step ladder to plug the camera.

Wasn't this email entered as evidence? And one question, I don't recall her testifying last time about the Carol Ann letter, did she?

It's an extremely interesting part of the case. The hotel staff, I believe, testified that the camera was pointed up not long (30 minutes or less I think) after it was plugged back in. This means, of course, if JY did the pushing (actually whoever did it), narrowly missed Elmer as he placed the step ladder to plug the camera.

JTF said two different cameras. One in stairwell and in west hall I think.

I agree that so much info has been elicited from this witness that the importance of the assault in the motel room may have been diminished.

This is the first time I have ever seen Ms Cargol's testimony. The assault in the hotel remains very clear in my brain after listening to testimony in its entirety. It shows a pattern of behavior and validates the abuse characterization made by Kimball Sargent, IMO.

Wasn't this email entered as evidence? And one question, I don't recall her testifying last time about the Carol Ann letter, did she?

Maybe I'm just slow this morning but it seems to me that BH stopped her questioning of GC rather abruptly. I missed the letter being introduced as evidence if it was.....but I don't think it was. Seems she came to a screeching halt with everything.

For posters who still have camera questions, JTF did a good job explaining it to me during the first trial with pictures. Our conversation starts here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6646375&highlight=3doglady#post6646375

Thx so much! I thought I had this straight as far as the timeline of events at the hotel, but a couple of posters yesterday were questioning every little detail, and throwing this and that in there... it was confusing. Personally, if I had to pick a "smoking gun" in this case it would be his actions/behaviour at the hotel. Pretty hard to get around, imo.

I believe this testimony showed JY has a Jekyl/Hyde personality. Many of those friends or family who say he's such a great guy and life of the party, knew of this abuse and over-looked it because he didn't do it to them. When the one person who could attest to his evilness spoke out, they shunned her. :(

How sad is that?

This woman's testimony is a vital piece of the puzzle of how a 'nice guy' can POSSIBLY turn into a murderer.

JMHO
fran

PS...I believe the importance of this witness testimony is to the pros, is displayed by the very limited questions posed by the defense attorney....imho, fran

JTF said two different cameras. One in stairwell and in west hall I think.

I think the stairwell one was pushed up after it was plugged in. This is the metal door held open by various objects of nature such as lava rocks and some say twigs.

I understand the theory to be he comes back, metal door is now closed b/c rock is removed by staff, so he enters glass door next to it (was it locked unlocked etc) and then enters the stairwell to his right where he would be under the stairwell camera and able to tilt it up if he wanted to allowing him to proceed up the stairs.

So where's Carol Ann? Barfing in the bathroom or did she skip out completely???

Maybe I'm just slow this morning but it seems to me that BH stopped her questioning of GC rather abruptly. I missed the letter being introduced as evidence if it was.....but I don't think it was. Seems she came to a screeching halt with everything.

The brunt of her testimony, imho, was to show JY COULD be violent. The email was to show that he still thought of her, tried to contact her, just prior to MY's murder.

Sometimes you have to read between the lines. Actually, I feel the email was the topping of it all. It showed JY's state of mind when MY was killed. HE was looking outside the marriage, and it wasn't just Ms. Money.:mad:

JMHO
fran

JMHO
fran

PS...I believe the importance of this witness testimony is to the pros, is displayed by the very limited questions posed by the defense attorney....imho, fran
Snipped by me. Right on, Fran! They wanted her off the stand ASAP! And maybe they learned a wee bit about pushing things too much the last time they had Meredith on the stand. Still wondering if they "opened the door" for the "daddy did it" on the 911 tape!

I doubt any jury member is going to forget the highlights of GC's testimony, which involved a violent attack by the defendant which lasted up to 20 minutes, in which she was continuously jumped on, pushed down, arms pinned back, left bruised, her ring ripped off her finger to the point of being cut, and other further outbursts of rage in which he smashed her windshield with his fist, and also put a hole in his apt wall.

Hope you all are making your list!

LOL, how many got your hook today?

Hook = one item of evidence that spells 'murder' to you!?

fran

PS.....did you catch it? The ring? He swallowed one woman's ring, he became violent to get his ring from this witness, MY's wedding ring is missing? :eek:

I think the stairwell one was pushed up after it was plugged in. This is the metal door held open by various objects of nature such as lava rocks and some say twigs.

I understand the theory to be he comes back, metal door is now closed b/c rock is removed by staff, so he enters glass door next to it (was it locked unlocked etc) and then enters the stairwell to his right where he would be under the stairwell camera and able to tilt it up if he wanted to allowing him to proceed up the stairs.

ITA. From the pics, and the way the cameras were facing, I think this is exactly how he would've done it. Just slipped right underneath them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3