State vs. Jason Lynn Young 2-20-2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good questions. Do we know what clothes were taken? I know I change out of my business attire before driving home for a long trip. But if his dress slacks and shoes weren't in his suitcase, then that raises exactly the point you are making.

I can't imagine that Jason was still wearing his suit when he arrived in Raleigh. I think it was a huge mistake that police did not request the clothes he was wearing when he returned to Raleigh.

sorry to be a pest. days? weeks? anyone?

Original estimate was 6-8 weeks I believe (including jury selection). I would expect the prosecution to wrap up their portion of the case this week or next. Then a week or two for the defense. Then possible prosecution rebuttal, etc.

How so? I missed anything regarding the gas station attendant today.

The witness was asked whether the gas attendant could remember anything about the customer. At first he kind of fibbed but the defense pointed out the witness's notes where he underlined that she didn't remember what he was wearing or anything about him ... that's what I understood.

He was wearing a shirt and tie and had his suit jacket over his shoulder.
Mama then put the cream sweater on him in the car (recovered later)

LF and MF saw him when he came in, so he can't claim he was wearing the dark pullover.

Somehow I knew you'd be able to figure this out. I went back to the first thread on this and most of the articles are 404 :(. or whatever they call it.

I remember seeing video of him or photos arriving at the scene but couldn't remember what he had on. I think you're right, he still had on his suit.

Do you have any pictures from that time in your stash! ;)

fran

He did not change clothes at mama's house? Since we know he changed pullovers at the hotel, could he have put on the black pullover that they now show at the birthday party. We were comparing it to the light pullover at the front counter of HI when he checked in.

He was wearing a shirt and tie and had his suit jacket over his shoulder.
Mama then put the cream sweater on him in the car (recovered later)

LF and MF saw him when he came in, so he can't claim he was wearing the dark pullover.

Have we heard any testimony about what he was wearing when he returned to Raleigh?

So much of this evidence wasn't included in the last trial ... this is starting to look like a very tight case.

"a very tight case" --- meaning what? Good for the Prosecution? Good for the Defense? What?

Common sense would tell me that he did not have on the same clothes when he arrived in Raleigh that he had on the night before at the HI that is seen on the video there as well as at the CB.

He'd been to a business meeting that morning at a hospital, drove from there (per his own testimony) to another hopeful meeting at a different hospital, then drove from there to his mothers house. I would expect that he had on his business clothes at that point, not the clothes he'd had on 24 hrs earlier.

To suggest that LE does not have those clothes seen in the video because he was wearing them, and not his business meeting clothes, defies logic. But if he did, then where are his clothes he wore to the business meetings? Were those part of the clothing items seized from the confiscated vehicle and luggage? He couldn't have been wearing both sets of clothes. One or the other and then what he didn't have on was in the luggage. Or should have been.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out there is missing clothing. All you have to do is follow the pieces of the puzzle through deductive reasoning.

IMO

Exactly~~

Common sense would tell me that nothing could have been demanded of jason that night..as he refused to even show his face to LE..In fact he hid in a bedroom with Cassey..ALL information had to be obtained thru Meredith..and She certainly wouldnt be asking for his clothes!

The witness was asked whether the gas attendant could remember anything about the customer. At first he kind of fibbed but the defense pointed out the witness's notes where he underlined that she didn't remember what he was wearing or anything about him ... that's what I understood.

I don't think you can knowingly say the witness "fibbed."

This was a surprising turn of events. :fence:

I don't think you can knowingly say the witness "fibbed."

It seemed like he said one thing and then, with assistance from the defense, he said the opposite because it was written in his notes and underlined three times.

I can't imagine that Jason was still wearing his suit when he arrived in Raleigh. I think it was a huge mistake that police did not request the clothes he was wearing when he returned to Raleigh.

But he didn't leave the car when he got to his mom's.

He would still supposidly 'have' his other clothes with him.

He wouldn't be wearing anything pertinant to the murder on his return to Raleigh... so why such a huge mistake?

Yes, she couldn't remember whether they showed her a pic of the customer nor what size he was nor facial features he had. In addition, Agent Tart had underlined that she couldn't remember any of these details. He laughed when they pointed that out. I so wish they had shown her several pics of different folks and asked her if any of them had been in the store. It would IMO make her identification more credible.

There's pictures of him arriving on the scene. There's statements from his mom too about his clothes, etc.

So glad JY testified already.

Hope he tries his bs again.

Don't think he's gonna have a second chance to fool a jury. This da has his number!

JMHO
fran

fran, don't think there are pictures of him arriving.
The media was not there.

But he didn't leave the car when he got to his mom's.

He DID leave the car when he got to his mom's. He testified he was stretched out on a lazy boy type chair when his sister came in the house to see him after he got the news of the murder.

I think the pc way of saying it is that Klink refreshed his memory of that interview with Gracie.

Good for the prosecution.

Not disagreeing with you, just trying to clarify earlier posts. So it was a mistake not seizing the clothes Jason was wearing, more testimony regarding the gas station attendant that the defense was able to muddy up even more.....and this is GOOD for the Prosecution?

It seemed like he said one thing and then, with assistance from the defense, he said the opposite because it was written in his notes and underlined three times.

I'm sure you are aware that I am referring to the fact that you can't say for sure that he was intending to deceive. A fib is a lie. He has no reason to lie either way, I'm sure he can be given the benefit of the doubt after so much has been given to JLY.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mygrowingbranches