State vs. Jason Lynn Young 2-20-2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They needed to have the HP made in BROWN.
Showing a black shoe over and over is not as compelling.

Agree, that should have been part of the request/order when they had the shoe made. But the larger point, tied to Young's purchase of the "almost" Hush Puppies within days of her murder is very compelling. I don't recall the first prosecution being so thorough in making the points about the missing clothes. I'm hopeful that they will have add'l testimony about the Cracker Barrel photo and his shoes. Just pray that this jury is following, and that prosecution can connect the dots clearly and concisely in closing arguments.

I also do not expect Young to testify again but if he does, they better bring it this time.

I bet those jurors are glad to get a break. Yes, JTF, they should have made those shoes up in a brown.

No joke, I sent Spivey an e-mail and suggested they have them airbrushed brown. Guess he ignored me as usual.:D

Posters keep comparing it to the other trial and saying this one is better. I guess it went from bad to better? That's not good enough.:what:

So much of this evidence wasn't included in the last trial ... this is starting to look like a very tight case.

I am quoting my own post because I am not patient. WHAT SHOES WAS JY WEARING WHEN HE RETURNED TO RALEIGH?

He never came out of the bedroom at MF's to know.
He can't say they were HP, cause he already said he gave them to Goodwill.

He never came out of the bedroom at MF's to know.
He can't say they were HP, cause he already said he gave them to Goodwill.

Thanks JTF I remember his testimony about giving the HP to charity but I also thought he testified that the reason he bought new shoes was for the funeral because LE had taken all of his belongings when he returned to Raleigh. If he was coming right from his business meeting then to Mama's then to Raleigh I would assume he had some type of dress shoe. Did LE take them? Do we know???

I am quoting my own post because I am not patient. WHAT SHOES WAS JY WEARING WHEN HE RETURNED TO RALEIGH?

I'm not sure what he was wearing when he came back, but I think they confiscated them, not sure. But he or someone did make a statement about when he first came back that he had to borrow someone's shoes or they wanted to lend him some and he said they didn't fit.

:rolleyes:
JMHO
fran

PS...all he had to do was go into his house when he returned and they MAY have let him take a pair of shoes, but he didn't want to go into that house again. :(

"a very tight" :waitasec:

... case ... I'm multitasking challenged.

I was also checking a detail on the Chris Porco case, where he was convicted in 2006 ... whether he wore a tyvek suit

"Their theory was that Porco drove home from college in the middle of the night and staged a burglary by slicing a screen, snipping a phone line and smashing the panel of an alarm that he had first disabled with a code known only by his family. They suggested he donned protective medical clothing from a veterinarian's office at which he worked and then beat his parents with an ax in their bed."

Read more: http://www.timesunion.com/local/article/Court-says-no-to-Porco-2224042.php#ixzz1mxXBh49V

I'm not sure what he was wearing when he came back, but I think they confiscated them, not sure. But he or someone did make a statement about when he first came back that he had to borrow someone's shoes or they wanted to lend him some and he said they didn't fit.

:rolleyes:
JMHO
fran

PS...all he had to do was go into his house when he returned and they MAY have let him take a pair of shoes, but he didn't want to go into that house again. :(

That is what I remember too that people wanted to lend him things but he went and bought a new pair. So still wondering if they took shoes from him, and what they looked like.

That is what I remember too that people wanted to lend him things but he went and bought a new pair. So still wondering if they took shoes from him, and what they looked like.

they took a pair in the back of the vehicle. They weren't the shoes in the video as they had a different stitch pattern on the toe. The toe stitch pattern in the Cracker Barrel video matches the pattern of the missing hush puppies, which also happen to be the same pattern as the footprint in blood on the bedroom floor.

Just a coinky-dink, I'm sure,....................NOT!

JMHO
fran
:)

For anyone who's just continually hitting refresh on this thread, you might miss my Shoe Poll thread. I'd appreciate your participation. I've posted the question below. Please answer in the poll thread I've linked, not in today's trial thread, thanks.

Let's posit for a moment that Jason did not commit this crime. If you were planning to enter a home where the husband left with luggage earlier in the day, but later in the evening there were lights on in the home and women in the driveway, and you were going upstairs to search for jewelry in the master bedroom where you might possibly encounter someone you might have to assault but not rape before you make your escape, what kind of shoes would you choose? Note, women must wear men's shoes to this crime.

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=163507

Thanks JTF I remember his testimony about giving the HP to charity but I also thought he testified that the reason he bought new shoes was for the funeral because LE had taken all of his belongings when he returned to Raleigh. If he was coming right from his business meeting then to Mama's then to Raleigh I would assume he had some type of dress shoe. Did LE take them? Do we know???

Don't think he said shoes for the funeral per se. He said friends had given him clothing and shoes....they didn't fit right, he said.

There was not a SW to seize shoes he wore to the funeral.

BBM

I understand.

I don't think "poor Jason" at all, I was just taken aback at the level of Linda's involvement, and Jason's mother, too. It's not a justification in the least, there's no justification for beating a pregnant woman to death. None. My comments wrt the mothers involvement was not an attempt to victimize Linda and I would never, ever suggest any of this is her fault. she bears no responsibility for what that animal did to Michelle.

My comments were about the factors of the marriage itself, not the murder.

I apologize for upsetting anyone.

I agree that both mothers interfered -- each in her own way.

LF's visits were too long IMO, and apparently, PY (according to LF) made it clear that LF "was not welcome" at the Brevard T-giving get-together.

I think many would agree that LF's time in the Young household would have been less lengthy if LF had not thought that MY needed her at least for moral support. I feel sure, however, that MY was grateful for her mother's help with CY and help with the day-to-day doings of the house. LF saw MY's mental decline and growing depression, and she felt she had to support and help her. JMO.

Klink doesn't miss a note.
He is direct, focused and articulate.

LOL, oh good grief! Now he's going to try and convince everyone that the shirt that is missing he MAY have been wearing when he got back to town?

fran

they took a pair in the back of the vehicle. They weren't the shoes in the video as they had a different stitch pattern on the toe. The toe stitch pattern in the Cracker Barrel video matches the pattern of the missing hush puppies, which also happen to be the same pattern as the footprint in blood on the bedroom floor.

Just a coinky-dink, I'm sure,....................NOT!

JMHO
fran
:)

I know I am still focusing on the shoe thing but I am trying to think of what the theory is. I had been thinking he had the Franklins in his car and changed into them in the car before he entered Birchleaf. Then I thought he was discarding and changing in his closet. I thought the HP shoes were in his closet and then he had to stop and tend to CY so got the blood prints from the HP into the crime scene and then had to discard the HP too. But then what shoes did he have on at Cracker Barrel. My head is exploding over the shoes.

This witness does not sound well prepared or confident.

Originally Posted by Wolfpack
If JY knew about the cameras in the hotel enough to unplug/tilt them, then why wear a shirt by the camera that he later disposes? Wouldn't it make more sense to change shirts in the car? So you can be like "see, here's that shirt on surveillance!"

If it was JY, I guess he can't be expected to cover all of his tracks.

Oh, they actually tried to snow everyone during the first trial, although there wasn't this type of scrutiny given. Oh, he's talking about that now, the one that was found!

It's similar, but not the same. The def showed it in a photo and SOME people here at first it was the same shirt. Nope!

JMHO
fran

PS....right this minute, I don't know what's in the shirt in that bag..fran

To add to that, Fran (as if your comment needs it!!!
icon12.gif
). Yes, it was not the same shirt -- there are several differences that can be seen fairly eaisly.

Further, JY was not planning on having to change that shirt in Raleigh due to blood splatters, before he headed back to the HI.

Klink is an excellent defense attorney. No, he doesn't miss any opportunities. HC is showing a little spunk this afternoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95