State vs. Jason Lynn Young 2-21-2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How about a sneak preview?

Alright, since you asked so nicely. This is my OPINION only, on how I would weigh the evidence to this point, if I were a juror.

Guilty
-Hushpuppies (This is a big one for me)
-Motive (any husband has motive, honestly)

Not Guilty
-Would have needed more gas. Even if you believe GC, he had one more stop to make.
-GC is unreliable as a witness. Couldn't remember details, and other customer did not ID JY.
-Franklin shoes
-Evidence he was at the hotel in the morning.
-His fingerprints are not on camera

Have not placed in either category yet
-JY's stop for gas--necessary, but did it happen?
-JY affirmatively LEFT the hotel (hushpuppies may move this over for me)
-JY's sweater was never recovered, but was it asked for?
-JY's shoes in CB and HI
-Light colored SUV in front of house in early morning hours (time discrepancy may be an issue here)

Irrelevant (IMO)
-Doll play
-Phone call testimony
-Affairs
-DNA on rock.
-Fingerprint in bedroom.
-Hair under MY's body
-JY's childish behavior

At this point, I could justify a guilty verdict on the hushpuppies alone, but I want a bit more.

Talking about meeting Michelle, he spilled her wine, said she was very pretty.

Does anyone need or want updates?

I would appreciate updates, unless it's just a repeat of his previous testimony. In that case, just updates on what Spivey draws out or comments on.

It doesn't sound like they are going to do it like they did in the BC trial, where they stop it for questions to Spivey, but I may be wrong.

Alright, since you asked so nicely. This is my OPINION only, on how I would weigh the evidence to this point, if I were a juror.

Guilt

Innocence
-Would have needed more gas. Even if you believe GC, he had one more stop to make.
-GC is unreliable as a witness. Couldn't remember details, and other customer did not ID JY.
-Franklin shoes

-JY's shoes in CB and HI
-Light colored SUV in front of house in early morning hours (time discrepancy may be an issue here)

Irrelevant (IMO)
-Doll play
-Phone call testimony
-Affairs
-DNA on rock.
-Fingerprint in bedroom.
-Hair under MY's body
-JY's childish behavior

At this point, I could justify a guilty verdict on the hushpuppies alone, but I want a bit more.

Excellent and very very fair.

His voice is dripping with southern hospitality! Ive never heard him speak before! moo! :waiting:

Guilty

Not Guilty
-Franklin shoes

-JY's shoes in CB and HI

Irrelevant (IMO)
-Doll play
-Phone call testimony
-Affairs
-DNA on rock.
-Fingerprint in bedroom.
-Hair under MY's body
-JY's childish behavior

Thank you. I think I agree with you 100%. I was on the fence but this shoe testimony is pretty compelling.

Jason appeared on the stand, ready and eager to answer all the Pros questions in the first trial.....
Why didn't BH ask him where his shoes and shirt were?
Maybe he had an answer and she did not want to hear it.
So far, everything he has said, that was in question, has held up....

jmo

Ok I just thought maybe YOu had a theory and I would have been interested to see your thinking. I noticed a few pages back you put forth your theory on maybe MY did not give shoes to Goodwill and the killer stole them from JY's closet.

The defense line of questioning was designed to paint a picture of Jason as a wholesome, loving husband and father. What the jury has already heard in the second trial is the exact opposite of that.

his flippant attitude is really kind of disgusting to me

my opinion of course

It just irks me how he gets up on the stand after how long(1000+ days) and is all willing to talk to his attorney yet he couldn't even talk about 'nuttin to nobody' before. :-(

The defense line of questioning was designed to paint a picture of Jason as a wholesome, loving husband and father. What the jury has already heard in the second trial is the exact opposite of that.

Agreed. They should have stuck with the "he's an a$$ and a jerk, but he didn't kill her" and it would have been more believable.

I would appreciate updates, unless it's just a repeat of his previous testimony. In that case, just updates on what Spivey draws out or comments on.

It is just a video of his testimony at the last trial, so far no pausing or questions to Spivey.

First disagreement was MY coming in bathroom while he was on the john but then JY will drop his pants and expose himself in front of friends.

So he's *shy*, but pee's on peoples floor and runs naked in mixed company. And he 'loves' his wife. IIRC, didn't he say, shortly before michelle's murder, that he was 'in love with Michelle Money now?

I thought he asked about their first argument.....his answer is how she accidentally opened the bathroom door while he was on the john? He considers that an argument???

Telling about Michelle getting him to dance, he wasn't usually comfortable on the dance floor.

Telling about falling in love, and the 1st time he told her he loved her....

She would always end phone conversations with "love you", but he wanted to tell her in a different setting.

Testifying about MY having arguments with her roommate, (SS) and Jason and Ryan had a townhouse together by then , so MY moved in with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mygrowingbranches