State vs. Jason Lynn Young 2-21-2012

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I spoke with a friend of mine tonight. Her dad taught and coached JY in high school. She told me that her dad has been following this case on IS. He told her after today's testimony that JY is DONE!

I also believe they are polite and do not badger witnesses. They are prifessional and smart and articulate. But I have one big problem with the way they cross examined MF having her go through that 911 call inferring in many places she was being untruthful. That to me was unfair!

G J, that is what criminal defense attorney's are paid to do.
They use sleaze tactics if needed.,...it's part of their job.
Their whole focus is to get their client to beat the rap, anyway they can.

If he is convicted, not only will she not have to take CY to see him, but, in terms of the legal system it will be as if he died the day before his wife. I learned this during the BC case. Full custody can go to MF and JY will not have parental rights to his daughter.

This is right. And further, many of the prisons in NC do not allow contact visits with children.

What leaps have they made that you find ridiculous?

Two examples: HC argued in the BC trial that the testimony of a 4.5 year old should be inadmissible. But the utterings of a 2.5 year old should come in, in this case. Sure, you can say Brad said the girls were sleeping, but he also left the home for more than 15 minutes to go to the store, and it is entirely likely that his daughter saw NC during that time frame.

The testimony of GC is heralded as golden, but the testimony of over a dozen eye witnesses was disregarded as attention seeking in the BC case.

I spoke with a friend of mine tonight. Her dad taught and coached JY in high school. She told me that her dad has been following this case on IS. He told her after today's testimony that JY is DONE!

I think we have heard this before.
It's not over until it's over.
You never know what a jury will do, and the defense has not even been up yet.
Let's hear both sides of the case, we were also promised a slam dunk the last time around !
And, it ended with 8 people to acquit, and a mistrial.
In Sessions only carries the trial part of the day.
jmo

Did ya'll see the sworn time-line testimony today?

2 hours and 25 minutes back to Birchleaf.

:woohoo:

I think we have heard this before.
It's not over until it's over.
You never know what a jury will do, and the defense has not even been up yet.
Let's hear both sides of the case, we were also promised a slam dunk the last time around !
And, it ended with 8 people to acquit, and a mistrial.

jmo

You don't understand, Cammy.

I'm sure you have heard this before, but not from my friend's father. He has been on the fence for a long time. He jumped off the fence today and is convinced JY did it. This is a friend of JY's family.

Two examples: HC argued in the BC trial that the testimony of a 4.5 year old should be inadmissible. But the utterings of a 2.5 year old should come in, in this case. Sure, you can say Brad said the girls were sleeping, but he also left the home for more than 15 minutes to go to the store, and it is entirely likely that his daughter saw NC during that time frame.

The testimony of GC is heralded as golden, but the testimony of over a dozen eye witnesses was disregarded as attention seeking in the BC case.

In this case, the state wants us to believe that CY was drugged without any proof..

:confused:

You don't understand, Cammy.

I'm sure you have heard this before, but not from my friend's father. He has been on the fence for a long time. He jumped off the fence today and is convinced JY did it. This is a friend of JY's family.

I see that..:)

I would be happy to discuss this with you outside of this public forum.

And if the prosecution was paid to seek the truth, we would not have wrongful convictions, and the withholding of exculpatory evidence in so many cases.

Just curious....why accuse publicly but have to discuss privately?

In THIS case, CY was a witness to the murder itself and she is part of the evidence, as well as the crime scene. Her being alive after witnessing the murder is a circumstance that a jury needs to consider. Further, her actions at her daycare, which were unprompted and done completely on her own, demonstrate she was a witness to the murder.

In the BC case, the 4 yr old was not a witness to the murder. Her statements about seeing her mother contradicted the information given to detectives by her father. I suppose the judge could have allowed that info in...it was his call, despite what any ADA argues.

GC testified to what she saw and experienced. It wasn't just a sighting...she had a specific encounter that was different enough and disturbing enough that it stuck in her mind. She didn't seek anyone out, they found her. She independently was able to ID the type of vehicle the person drove, without prompting and without a photo. Further, a receipt corroborates the story she told. The jury can choose to believe or not believe as they wish.

I have been bombarded with so many phone calls today I have lost track of everything pertaining to this trial. I was able to only watch bits and pieces of testimony and I'm looking forward to JY's first testimony continuation tomorrow. He is scum,,,,,even if by the slimmest chance he's innocent,,,,,he is still scum. I will be glad when the defense begins their case in chief. I don't think JY will take the stand again, however, with this case nothing surprises me. I am prepared, whether I want to be or not, that if he is found not guilty my own little world will not be shaken by it. Although I'll be mad as heck for a week or so. Hopefully, he go back to his mountain and live under a rock for the next 50 years. I have honestly reached the point that I cannot stand to even look at him.

Otto, how do you think the Pros is going to account for the Size 10 shoes?

I haven't seen a podiatrist called this time either.

Is Spivey going to testify Jason had gloves?

Thank you, Otto.
I am pretty sure the last Jurors knew this as well.

That video (3 minute time) is also where the investigator was confused regarding his testimony. First, he repeated twice that the gas attendant couldn't be sure about something but would not agree that she "didn't remember", but the defense helped him interpret his notes where the investigator then conceded that the gas attendant just didn't remember anything and he had underlined this in his notes several times. That could be an example of facts versus agenda.

In this case, the state wants us to believe that CY was drugged without any proof..

:confused:

No proof you say?

How about Cassidy's DNA on the dropper and no fingerprints on the dropper?

If CY was not given the medicine, how did her DNA get on the end of the dropper?

Who innocently gives a child medicine with a dropper and wears gloves so as not to leave fingerprints?

That doesn't even make sense.

Hell yes, she was given medicine that night. The bottle with the adult Tylenol looked like it had only been used one time. The bottle was just about full.

Come on. Use common sense here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member