State vs. Jason Lynn Young 2-24-2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So the jury gets to view the evidence at their seats and they can't be brought to the jury room when they deliberate even before the defense puts on its case?

The question on smoking doesn't just go back a year... sometimes they say 'have you ever', other times they say in the last 5 years.

The person who testified about the insurance said that the question on the insurance form asked if JY had smoked within the past year.

Why do ya'll think he had to stay on the sidewalk to hose off? They had a sizable back yard and a hose. They could have even used a kiddie pool (small one), for the clean up, then dispose of it (wrap it in a tarp and when to you get a dumpster in Greensboro, toss it).
Because CY prints were found on the faucet handle, she would have to be the one to turn it on and off at clean up time. MOO

The person who testified about the insurance said that the question on the insurance form asked if JY had smoked within the past year.

Well, I write life insurance and NONE of my companies applications say 1 year.
That's all I know about it... I didn't see/hear that testimony.

'any significant blood' off CY would likely get on something on the way downstairs IMO... unless he carried her downstairs in a plastic bag or something.

I don't think LE's theory ever says that that is what they thought, or knew. The hose being on could be relevant, it might not be... but never used as part of their 'theory' per se. It is an odd thing though. Just hard to tell.

I think CY DID get blood on something on the way downstairs and out the back door. The doorknob. It's easy to pick a toddler up and carry them down the stairs and out the door without running into walls and bannisters on the way. I think her foot grazed the doorknob.

And I'm also not sure any blood washed off her would have been all that significant in quantity. Looks to me like she left most of it on the bathroom floor. Her feet would have been tiny - not like acres of skin to wash off. Two tiny little feet, most of the blood worn off in the bathroom, the hose running - how much would there have even been to find?

I don't see why 16inches above the floor bracing yourself is an odd contortion... especially if the victim being beaten is on the floor.

Are they looking at the evidence now? Could take several hours, right?

Re: Godwin

If he testifies, I hope they quote what he said about 75 bags of evidence.

If there were 75 bags of "evidence" there would be nothing to argue about.

Of all theories pro or con guilt, travel, shoes, etc., whatever, the craziest thing I've heard by anybody, even JY himself, is the idea that 75 bags of evidence were missed or ignored!!!

Source was a search warrant.

Capture-43.jpg
A search warrant is not evidence though.

What did the actual expert testify to in Court regarding the print? That's evidence.

That's all that matters.

If the expert didn't testify to a void, date the print, or posit how the print got on the wall, then any scenario here at WS regarding the print is personal theory; not fact.

IMO

I don't see why 16inches above the floor bracing yourself is an odd contortion... especially if the victim being beaten is on the floor.

David Saacks, during his closing in trial #1 (at approx. 26 to 28 min into his close) showed exactly that position. Left hand braced on wall, bent over, beating the victim.

I think CY DID get blood on something on the way downstairs and out the back door. The doorknob. It's easy to pick a toddler up and carry them down the stairs and out the door without running into walls and bannisters on the way. I think her foot grazed the doorknob.

And I'm also not sure any blood washed off her would have been all that significant in quantity. Looks to me like she left most of it on the bathroom floor. Her feet would have been tiny - not like acres of skin to wash off. Two tiny little feet, most of the blood worn off in the bathroom, the hose running - how much would there have even been to find?

I know from previous discussion how you think the blood on the doorknob got there... I just don't agree with your scenario. Mainly because if he could avoid her touching everywhere else... why would he just let her feet hit the door there? Turning the doorknob would require using the hand/arm not holding the toddler IMO.

So, no evidence of record in this trial then? No expert testimony to back it up? I'm not being snarky, but I keep seeing this repeated here, and it's not been testified to at trial, to my knowledge. And I will admit I haven't watched every minute, so I might have missed something.

Came in through CCBI Agent Galloway.

David Saacks, during his closing in trial #1 (at approx. 26 to 28 min into his close) showed exactly that position. Left hand braced on wall, bent over, beating the victim.
Closing arguments aren't evidence, either. It was his personal theory; not fact, and maybe the hung jury thought so too.

FWIW, I think it's most likely how the print got there, too, but it's personal opinion; an expert never posited how the print got there, or for how long it had been there. I'd appreciate it if we all remembered to state something was our opinion, so that it does not get misrepresented to be facts in evidence.

Did his handprint create an actual void in the spatter?

IMO

Wasn't a whole handprint. Finger or possibly part of hand. DNA tested it was JY's to the exclusion of everyone else on the planet, statistically-speaking. No blood spatter got on that print.

Re: Godwin

If he testifies, I hope they quote what he said about 75 bags of evidence.

If there were 75 bags of "evidence" there would be nothing to argue about.

Of all theories pro or con guilt, travel, shoes, etc., whatever, the craziest thing I've heard by anybody, even JY himself, is the idea that 75 bags of evidence were missed or ignored!!!

Couldn't 75 evidence bags be collections from various areas around the 3300 square foot home on the one acre property? Isn't it possible that 75 different items were collected and analyzed ... even though not all 75 items contained evidence?

GritGuy,

[OT]

Going by memory only I've recited your "Labrador Deceiver" story at least twice...most recently to my father a couple weeks ago, who got quite a big chuckle out of it. (We are dog lovers in our family). And yes, I have a scary long memory for things when they make an impression on me, and your hilarious post last year did just that! :)

[/OT]

Either of you care to share the story? (pretty please?!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth