State vs. Jason Lynn Young 2-24-2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm amazed at the number of disparaging remarks directed towards Gracie and her *memory*, compared with the amount of misstatements about the facts of this case on these boards. How anyone can refer to Gracie as 'brain damaged' & 'having memory issues' after reading the continual mis-stating of the evidence here alludes me. :(

Thank you! Thank you!

Lately, this has been frustrating me to no end. I'm thankful for the very knowledgable people who take the time to correct posts. And you guys do a lot of correcting so thank you.:fence:

The brown shoes that he may have worn for the interview were in the back of the car ... what did he have on his feet?

MF said he had on "dress shoes" when she saw him come in.

The brown shoes that he may have worn for the interview were in the back of the car ... what did he have on his feet?

:goodpost:

Exactly and thank you for helping me last nite with the photos from the SUV.
We have the best posters here always ready to help each other !

Right, all things that could have been done on cell phones while driving.

THANK YOU!!!! This is what I've been thinking. Doing the above doesn't require stopping.

I watched every day, lots of empty seats.
In Sessions commented on the same thing..
A trial that started here today in NJ has a huge courtroom packed and overflowing,
people waiting and trying to get in, and wall to wall people standing in the back of the courtroom, and it's not even a murder trial.
Beth Karras is here covering it, she left the Young trial for this.:confused:

Does the NJ trial have streaming video available or just what you can see on TV? Just wondering if that's the difference. I probably would go to court more often if I couldn't watch it online without commercials.

MF said he had on "dress shoes" when she saw him come in.

If he was wearing the shoes that were seen in the Hampton Inn video when he arrived at Meredith's house, why did he have to go out and buy a pair that looked almost identical to them a few days later? That's the part that always gets ignored when posters claim that he was wearing the shoes.

Does the NJ trial have streaming video available or just what you can see on TV? Just wondering if that's the difference. I probably would go to court more often if I couldn't watch it online without commercials.

Not positive, I could check.
I know when I woke up and put TTV (around noon) they had said they were now going with coverage of the NJ case here instead, and Beth
was here.

Grit,

Is it true that the DT will go last (get last word) at closing if JLY does not take the stand?

I'm not grit but I know the answer.

No the side that holds the burden of proof always is heard last, and that would be the state. The state opens first for closing, then defense, then state for rebuttal.

How can you gather evidence that no longer exists?

Do you really really really think that the two things - shoes and shirt - that would exonerate JY - are stashed away somewhere, and have been sat upon during two trials for a man's very life?

Shades of the ducks and sticks.

I'm not grit but I know the answer.

No the side that holds the burden of proof always is heard last, and that would be the state. The state opens first for closing, then defense, then state for rebuttal.

I know the defense always says I won't get a chance to talk to you again, the Pros will have 2 turns, I will only have one........

This case could all come down to closing arguments.....

Defense= M-T-W-T
Closing arguments and the judge's instructions =F
Selecting a foreperson and beginning deliberations= Mon March 5th

*** WARNING - graphic ***

Don't think this has been posted?
This shows the closed closet door and the proximity of the actual beating.
He literally lifted her head and shoulders and shoved her over 2 feet so he could get in that closet to reach for his clean shoes.

Capture-44.jpg

I'm an attorney. So I know how to analyze evidence and the presentation of a case. I do not know one other attorney or competent legal analyst or expert who watched that case who was not gobsmacked by the Pinellas decision. It was shocking. Even the judge was terribly shocked. I could tell because I also know how to read normally impassive judges since you have to, if you litigate, in order to know when to shut your mouth or when to continue on with an argument. Judge Perry's look when he got that verdict form said it all. I knew then that we were likely screwed. He rifled quickly through the form, trying in vain to find a "guilty" verdict somewhere significant. Every criminal defense attorney I know was shocked. And not because they are so used to losing, but because they felt the case was solid.

No, I just wouldn't characterize it as just a couple of people with a simple disagreement about something, like say religion, or politics. That was a verdict that has had experts in the field scratching their heads for months.

But my opinion as to the reasonableness of the casey anthony juror's decision indeed has nothing to do with whether Jason Young is guilty or not. Nor did I intimate that. Instead, I stated that just because jurors in his past trial rendered a certain decision, does not mean that the decision was a reasonable one. casey anthony's case and oj's case are examples of jurors dropping the ball. Not just to me, but to millions.

I have not analyzed all the evidence in this case and I have not watched the trials, so I cannot be definitive here. However, the little I have read/heard indicates to me that Jason Young had the motive, opportunity and means to commit this crime, his behavior afterwards points to consciousness of guilt, and very important, no one else has been found by either LE or Jason's defense investigators, who fits the bill as he does. In fact, not even close. So, my gut thus far is he is guilty.

But the prosecution needs to prove its case and rebut any defense before my gut becomes my belief and I need to spend a bit more time doing what you all have done researching this case, before my opinion as to his guilt and the juror's ultimate decision can be credible to any degree. :twocents:

With all due respect, <modsnip> I know at least one Florida prosecutor who was not surprised at all by the Anthony jury's decision. He didn't blame the jury, he blamed the prosecution team.

A jury doesn't lose a case, attorneys lose it.

JMO

*** WARNING - graphic ***

Don't think this has been posted?
This shows the closed closet door and the proximity of the actual beating.
He literally lifted her head and shoulders and shoved her over 2 feet so he could get in that closet to reach for his clean shoes.

Capture-44.jpg

In your opinion, which pair of shoes did he grab?

IMO

If he was wearing the shoes that were seen in the Hampton Inn video when he arrived at Meredith's house, why did he have to go out and buy a pair that looked almost identical to them a few days later? That's the part that always gets ignored when posters claim that he was wearing the shoes.

There is no law against purchasing a new pair of shoes nor a requirement that they must be in a different style than those already owned.

JMO

Grit,

Is it true that the DT will go last (get last word) at closing if JLY does not take the stand?

I'm not Grit either but my understanding is only if the DT does not present a case do they get to go last. I've never seen that done, but I guess if the PT has an extremely weak case that could pay off.

Yes, compelling. But even Riha, the global director of HP, did not positively identify them as HP orbitals. He said they had similar characteristics and were not inconsistant.

IMO

Wow, Poppy, you are good.
I remember Karen Morrow's testimony too.
When asked by the defense if she was telling the court the shoes were a match, she said No.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx