State vs Jason Lynn Young 2-28-12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember, JY himself said (half jokingly) that he "married up". I think PY resents that sentiment. MY is definitely not the daughter-in-law PY would have wanted for her son, that much is clear. On the other hand, its usually the mother's mother who is closer to and more involved with the grandchildren. Agree on CA btw.

There's that saying that when your daughter gets married, you gain a son. When your son gets married, you lose a son. Or something like that.

OTOH, I loved my MIL and she felt the same about me. She never would have gotten upset if we spent the Holidays with my family. She also would have invited my family to her home for the Holidays if she knew there was a problem about which family to spend it with. As a matter of fact, she did have my family over and liked my mother and dad.

As a MIL, for both a DIL and SIL, I was always cordial with their parents and did get along and visited with them.

JMHO
fran

A life long friend can not be unbiased. IMHO

So the trooper is going to get up on the stand and just lie, lie and lie.. Taking a chance of ruining his LE & military career... You know all those ribbons.... Dont believe it..
The guy told the truth... It was an accident... I believe the jury will feel the same way..

Why didn't he ask the deputy yesterday when he was on the stand? Why is he asking mom?:waitasec:

Why didn't he ask the deputy yesterday when he was on the stand? Why is he asking mom?:waitasec:

I bet they didn't know yesterday... Probably not till they read it here, because irrc a poster mentioned it LOL (j/k)

He did ask about the deputy. I believe the other deputy (Stroupe) is the BROTHER of JY's friend (the brother, friend, is also a deputy), but I don't think he was a responding officer on that accident. Please correct if I'm wrong.

He hadn't read about it here yet??

I was just about to post that I think the pros are reading here! :floorlaugh:

Waving at the prosecutors. :seeya:

I am not sure if the PT knew that he was a life long friend of JY. I am in a secret fb group with people very close to the case. Close friends of MY and some live in Brevard area and know the Young family for years. One of the members called the PT yesterday to tell them about the fact that the officer was a life long friend. I read the whole discussion yesterday.

I think we can safely say the Defense may get their four days of testimony after all.

So he had dress shoes (the ones he wore to the Nov 3rd meeting and home from Brevard IMO).

Gosh Mrs. Y has been on the stand for what? 4-5 hours now? including yesterday.

You have to imagine this is what is going through the juror's minds. The State needs to drop this, its a no-win avenue.

I'm convinced the PT or their helpers read here yesterday... he is covering a LOT of the things we said yesterday he should have been covering all along. Now on the list of things PY claims were missing from the house and how would she possibly know since she rarely made it to Raleigh.

So the trooper is going to get up on the stand and just lie, lie and lie.. Taking a chance of ruining his LE & military career... You know all those ribbons.... Dont believe it..
The guy told the truth... It was an accident... I believe the jury will feel the same way..

I'm trying to keep it off my list about the accident. Because on one hand I feel it was on purpose and the other an accident. The life insurance just prior to the accident, just doesn't sit right with me. Especially because still not long after, MY was brutally murdered in her own home.

IF a LE officer isn't looking for an accident and approaches the investigation as an accident, he can over-look things. This was a local boy who said it was an accident and his wife didn't dispute it. He basically had no choice but to say it was an accident. Another investigator MAY have said it was questionable, but since there was no reason to, it was deemed an accident.

I don't think the LE necessarily intentionally lied. HE just may have misread the evidence. IMHO, it COULD have been intentional.

There are laws against insurance fraud for a reason. It happens all the time. As a matter of fact, JY was plotting to do 'insurance fraud' with the heating system in their home.:(

JMHO
fran

Why wait to report things missing that could point to a robbery?????????????

There's that saying that when your daughter gets married, you gain a son. When your son gets married, you lose a son. Or something like that.
<snip>

A son is a son 'til he takes a wife, but a daughter is a daughter the rest of her life. :)

OTOH, I loved my MIL and she felt the same about me. She never would have gotten upset if we spent the Holidays with my family. She also would have invited my family to her home for the Holidays if she knew there was a problem about which family to spend it with. As a matter of fact, she did have my family over and liked my mother and dad.

As a MIL, for both a DIL and SIL, I was always cordial with their parents and did get along and visited with them.

JMHO
fran

A daughter's a daughter for life.....a son's a son 'til he takes a wife! My mother swears by that saying.

Just asked my 10-yr-old, who definitely seeks attention and does things I would never do, if he would ever moon his grandmother and he said "NO!!" I am relieved.

I feel sorry for PY. There are lots of victims here, all doing the best they can. When she said the comment "of course" about the strawberry/ pretzel salad yesterday, I took it more that she is a southern cook, and perhaps MY cooked fancier things, so they don't cook the same or have the same taste. Just my take.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayjay23