State vs Jason Lynn Young 2-28-12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The camp Jason worked at was all-girl. That makes perfect sense to me.

I don't disagree with you completely. However, I think it demonstrates a desperate measure by the defense. Jurors will weigh a mother's claim that "this was found at the house" to one of his best friend's testimony that he never saw the guy smoke a cigar.

As others pointed out yesterday, she continually refers to "Michelle's death", not that the young lady was brutally murdered. Maybe it means nothing, but an oddity nonetheless. She again has zero empathy for what happened to her daughter-in-law and unborn grandson.

Definitely agree on the PY lack of empathy for MY - someone mentioned the "of course" comment, I thought it was telling too.

However, the State contested the cigar story when they did not have to IMO. People may smoke cigars on occassion a few times a year - alone or in a group smoke, for any number of reasons or no reason. You don't have to be a "cigar smoker" to smoke a cigar on occassion. That JD never witnessed him smoking a cigar is not indicative that JY never did, and an easy pin to sink. I am sure the DT loves these set-ups. As a juror I would just need one small indication (i.e. humidor, receipt from smoke shop, witness), aside from JY's testimony to dismiss the State's contention on this and at the same time make me wonder what other claims are embellished or not supported. State should stick to the evidence its sure of.

WOW! So he was in the 9th grade when he mooned his granny.... Something a young teen would do...

I have 5 children, two of them are boys now 21 & 19... they would have NEVER mooned any of their grandparents. Boys might moon their friends as a joke... but typically children become very modest about their bodies even around their parents by about 8 years old and would never expose themselves to family and/or friends. JY definitely has issues about what is & is not appropriate behavior regarding his rear-end and genitals.

Where is HC going here?

Took awhile, but was successful. Very confusing though. He backed mama into a corner regarding GC and JY's violent episode with the engagement ring.

I have 5 children, two of them are boys now 21 & 19... they would have NEVER mooned any of their grandparents. Boys might moon their friends as a joke... but typically children become very modest about their bodies even around their parents by about 8 years old and would never expose themselves to family and/or friends. JY definitely has issues about what is & is not appropriate behavior regarding his rear-end and genitals.

I never would have either, but again its not like he was the only person in the world to have done it to a granny... No one is perfect! I see it as a young kid doing something dumb!! ALL kids do something done unless you have perfect kids...

Definitely agree on the PY lack of empathy for MY - someone mentioned the "of course" comment, I thought it was telling too.

However, the State contested the cigar story when they did not have to IMO. People may smoke cigars on occassion a few times a year - alone or in a group smoke, for any number of reasons or no reason. You don't have to be a "cigar smoker" to smoke a cigar on occassion. That JD never witnessed him smoking a cigar is not indicative that JY never did, and an easy pin to sink. I am sure the DT loves these set-ups. As a juror I would just need one small indication (i.e. humidor, receipt from smoke shop, witness), aside from JY's testimony to dismiss the State's contention on this and at the same time make me wonder what other claims are embellished or not supported. State should stick to the evidence its sure of.

Right, but...

It adds to the coincidences. What's the chance that he does smoke that cigar this ONE time... with a twig in the door, no key use out or in, moved/unplugged cameras, no other video, no breakfast video, late for his meeting, witness says he is elsewhere, strange circumstances for a random murder at the home, etc on the VERY NIGHT his wife is slaughtered???

I believe most jurors would look at it this way instead of the 'other claims embellished' by the State view. Would he only smoke by himself? Would not family or friends have seen him smoking at some point? Would they have brought it up if there was ANY evidence that he had? I don't think so.

Yep, it sure wasn't a direct approach, was it., Brown Rice? She answered it honestly. It sounded like he was trying to blame her for his being violent. Now comes sex life stories shared with mom.

I never would have either, but again its not like he was the only person in the world to have done it to a granny... No one is perfect! I see it as a young kid doing something dumb!! ALL kids do something done unless you have perfect kids...

I agree with you. However, I wouldn't be proud of it as his mother.

What was the 'of course' comment?

IMO it's not whether or not he NEVER smoked a cigar as much as it is the ONE TIME he wants us to believe he DID smoke one just happened to be THE NIGHT his wife was brutally murdered and it's his reason for exiting the hotel he was staying at that particular night.

Took awhile, but was successful. Very confusing though. He backed mama into a corner regarding GC and JY's violent episode with the engagement ring.

That, and she said she does not consider verbal violence to be domestic violence, correct? Please correct me if I misunderstood that.

I think she's beyond po'd every time she takes a drink of that water!!

Howard's got his snark on. There are so many lies to expose, it would take up a long scroll.

Did you all catch the lies she told about what MF said and the lie about what was said in the media? :liar: :liar:

Successful in achieving what? The jury has already heard about JY's violent episode. Making the mom talk about it(since JY is an adult and she doesn't have control over him) is unnecessary.

Seems she has selective memory when talking about her sons various sex partners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member