State vs Jason Lynn Young 2-28-12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My perception of the laugh was - oh, he's so cute and funny isn't he? Not, oh I wanted to kill him and that is definitely not something is considered funny in this family. He was taught to respect his grandmother.

Lets agree to disagree... Glad the teens in my family arent perfect & allowed to make mistakes ....

I hope the trend continues. Maybe he had some Red Bull this morning.

I've never heard of a nursing home that requires family members to come in to provide meals. PY says she had to go to the nursing home three times a day to feed her mother.

In know way am I defending PY however as a nurse who worked in a skilled nursing facility and my grandmother is also in a skilled nursing facility my mother in law goes to feed her three times a day and often brings her food that she likes because it is the only way to get MeMe to really eat. The families that do come in and especially at meal time there loved ones do much better. Lots of the folks need assistance and encouragement to eat but we were under staffed to feed every one.

In response to yesterday's direct when asked if JY had been exposed to DV. She answered no, but that's not correct. He was directly "involved" in DV with GC.

I'm sure the DT will come back though to clear up (she will say she thought the original question was did he ever witness it (only) - not that he was involved in it. Regardless, it still brings JY's violent history back to the minds of the jurors.

As far as being "exposed" to DV he should have worded the questions differently. I thought he was talking about seeing it in their home growing up.

Other than that, there is no purpose of making the mom talk about things her grown up son did, making her admit that he has been "exposed to DV" or his violent episode. It adds nothing. It's like the opposite of mom saying how great her son it; they're trying to get her to say that he's not. I say leave the mom out of this.

I don't think these questions about DV and sex to the mom will go over well with the jury, especially when the rest of the case against JY is weak.

I'm sure she takes a "boys will be boys" attitude about his sexcapades as much as she does about anything he does. Not that she approves, but she cuts him so much slack you could make a set of drapes out of it.

In know way am I defending PY however as a nurse who worked in a skilled nursing facility and my grandmother is also in a skilled nursing facility my mother in law goes to feed her three times a day and often brings her food that she likes because it is the only way to get MeMe to really eat. The families that do come in and especially at meal time there loved ones do much better. Lots of the folks need assistance and encouragement to eat but we were under staffed to feed every one.

Thanks, I appreciate that explanation.

Catching up and find it ironic that PY says they feared MY's family would take CY from them when that is exactly what they basically did....

As far as being "exposed" to DV he should have worded the questions differently. I thought he was talking about seeing it in their home growing up.

Other than that, there is no purpose of making the mom talk about things her grown up son did, making her admit that he has been "exposed to DV" or his violent episode. It adds nothing. It's like the opposite of mom saying how great her son it; they're trying to get her to say that he's not. I say leave the mom out of this.

I don't think these questions about DV and sex to the mom will go over well with the jury, especially when the rest of the case against JY is weak.

I agree. Unless PY got on the stand and said "my son has never had an extramarital affair" then it's not appropriate to cross her on his actions. I do not think he will win points with the jury by grilling a mother more than they grilled the defendant.

Howard Cummings covering these photos torpedoes Mrs. Young's sweet demonstration yesterday. Look at this young, beautiful couple and their precious daughter. Today, that becomes, "so this took place while Jason was having sex with Julie Dalton...this took place while Jason was having an affair with Michelle Money..." Ouch. A not-so-subtle way of reminding the jury that pictures don't always tell a whole story, at least not Jason Young's pictures.

I agree. I think it's way over the top, imo. They want to break this woman and am still trying to understand why. She's not the one on trial. Very sad. Regardless of what we think of JY, he is still her son!!

I am listening with my earbuds and this lady is breathing HARD and Loud! It's almost if I can hear her heartbeat. The breathing suddenly became rapid when MM was mentioned. MOO

wm

ETA Just an observation. Not bashing Mrs Y.

What was the 'of course' comment?

IMO it's not whether or not he NEVER smoked a cigar as much as it is the ONE TIME he wants us to believe he DID smoke one just happened to be THE NIGHT his wife was brutally murdered and it's his reason for exiting the hotel he was staying at that particular night.

The "of course" comment was when PY was talking about MY coming for dinner or to eat at the Young home and PY said I made a strawberry pretzel salad and MY did not like it, of course. It was a spiteful little quip especially in the context of yesterdays testimony. It was a nasty little jab for sure. IMHO

Giving anyone's mom a hard time never goes well with juries. That goes both ways too. MOO

Denying the Fisher's access to CY was very detrimental to JY.

The "of course" comment was when PY was talking about MY coming for dinner or to eat at the Young home and PY said I made a strawberry pretzel salad and MY did not like it, of course. It was a spiteful little quip especially in the context of yesterdays testimony. It was a nasty little jab for sure. IMHO

Thanks! Yeah, I remember that! I thought the post was referring to something she said today and I missed another jab.

Howard Cummings covering these photos torpedoes Mrs. Young's sweet demonstration yesterday. Look at this young, beautiful couple and their precious daughter. Today, that becomes, "so this took place while Jason was having sex with Julie Dalton...this took place while Jason was having an affair with Michelle Money..." Ouch. A not-so-subtle way of reminding the jury that pictures don't always tell a whole story, at least not Jason Young's pictures.

Why is he bashing the mom, though? I honestly don't get it. She didn't have the affairs. He did.

I think it's very risky to attack the family. MY OPINION. It could go either way. The jury can start to resent it. Apparently, yesterday, the direct was good enough that no juror even cracked a smile. Sometimes it's best to leave it alone....and move on.

Giving anyone's mom a hard time never goes well with juries. That goes both ways too. MOO

Denying the Fisher's access to CY was very detrimental to JY.

I agree....and posted almost the same thoughts. Very risky to attack family members.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste