State vs Jason Lynn Young 2-7-12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
iirc, from photos, that step stool in the child's bathroom wasn't in front of the sink, it was in the center of the bath. She couldn't reach the sink from that position.

If the child had really been around her mother's body, more than just her feet would have been bloody. She would have touched her, tried to help her or awaken her. Her little bloody hands would have touched other things or been wiped on her pj's. There has yet to be a believable explanation for why she was so clean.

JMO

I find the whole situation perplexing.

I am jumping in before reading all of the pages to clarify a few things.

1) The pros' HC is playing a "schtick" for lack of a better word. You aren't the number two attorney in a county setting as large as Wake (Raleigh,Cary, et al) without being a relatively brilliant mind. The Barney thing he plays up is so that jurors have someone to sync up with. A lot of his "shock and ya'll" comes out in moments like the aforementioned Ducks incident as genuine to the jury and believe it or not, it wins him votes. (Literally, he becomes the friendly neighbor or the older relative you trust)

2) They are kind of overdoing this. Not in a good way. I believe less of this than I did the first go around, but I am willing to keep listening (though mostly after work on this one) to their case.

3) If you listen to the 911 call and hear "Daddy did it" expecting to hear "Daddy did it" you are a step ahead of me (maybe anticipating it changes things?). I don't hear it the same way.

4) I don't see how everyone can keep going back and saying: Only Jason would have cleaned her up, etc. etc. when clearly, the dude is an idiot and we've proven that he is both an idiot and irresponsible. Yet, he cared enough in the middle of a murder to stop and change his daughter's PJs? And then he drugged her? These things don't sync up and make a mess of the pros case. They should be minimized so that jurors don't think too much about them. For all we know, they have nothing to do with each other and take away from the personal nature of the beating. He was out of control. Leave it at that. He beat this poor woman beyond recognition and you don't tend to a two year old after that.

5) I am 99.9% sure that a) he did it and b) the prosecution is missing an available piece of the puzzle that would make this a 100% guilty. I think they are gambling with this and really hope we are in for a big surprise.

6) He pretty much has to testify again. It'll shoot holes in what little credibility it brings. However, he does have the right to remain silent and not be judged based on the silence. It cannot criminally be held against him that he chose to remain silent. This is sound legal advice a lawyer would give the spouse of a murdered person from the word go. Let's let that one go.

I totally agree with all of the above.

I find the whole situation perplexing.

I can only imagine what the jurors are thinking at this point. It doesn't make any sense. Saying she was drugged by Jason without any evidence to support it seems a waste of time. Especially with Tylenol, which is dangerous for toddlers because of toxicity. I'm perplexed along with you.

JMO

He got gas ahead of time, but the theory is that after driving to the hotel, home and back to the hotel, he needed gas ... but I can't believe that he would stage the crime with two different sizes of shoes but stop for gas at 5 in the morning after murdering his wife while his alibi is that he's asleep at the hotel. That makes no sense whatsoever.

going that far both ways, he would have to get gas. imo

there are no bloody footprints on that stepstool in the bathroom.

JMO

Looking at that image in photoshop, it appears to have had the colour altered as the greens and yellows are adjusted.

That green doesn't look like it belongs on the side of the stool

youngWC.jpg

Also, selecting only the blue channel, we see what may indeed be something on the step stool that could be blood.

youngWC2.jpg

I'm behind, so excuse me if this has already been answered.

The Young case is and was entirely different than the Cooper case. However, the last delay in the first Young trial, was because it was in the SAME courtroom. The Cooper case took longer than scheduled, thus delaying the Young trial.

hth,
fran

Thanks Fran!

Just wondering if the same thing may happen withe this case and the upcoming Taft Case?

I have not followed that one but hear it is suppose to be even bigger than this one!

Night All!
:seeya:

brbm
Jason has himself to blame IF he was the #1 suspect by 3:30. (which I don't think he was) When LE called his phone en route to Merediths that nite, he had his mommy handle the call (ODD) he refused to speak with them at all. Then when they go to Merediths' house. he's hiding in a back bedroom and refuses to come out (ODDER), sending Meredith to deal with them; THEN, they ask if he will just come to the door and listen to what they have to say, he refuses(EVEN ODDER), sends Meredith. This is such strange behavior, his wife and child are viciously murdered in his bedroom, his daughter is left alone with dead body of her mom and he's hiding behind his mommy and sister in law from the big bad cops. Cmon, that is some strange reaction, and omission on his part. What's he so afraid of ? Why is he afraid of cops? Does he think THEY killed Michelle and Rylan ? And now they're coming for him ? THE NORMAL REACTION IF YOU ARE INNOCENT in that setting would be to run to the door when the cops got there, and bombard them with all the questions an innocent person would have. He has the women in his world handle the damn mess he has made, it is so pathetic and so telling of his guilt, imo...And Cassidy was ASLEEP, Meredith testified to that in the first trial, he got there about 8 hours too late to be of any comfort to her, he was HIDING BEHIND CASSIDY by that point. What a dad, what a guy, he is pathetic. You can hardly say Jason was the only suspect by 3:30 that day, they spent 3 years investigating that murder, then arrested him, and 2+ more years of investigation before they took him to trial. There is NO rush to judgement in this case, they checked out every person involved in the Youngs lives for years., they went to several states looking for information...

All of this is true. I think most believe him guilty, it is up to the state to prove it.

I do not believe that the prosecution was rushed in the first trial. They put on 9 days of testimony, using most of their time. The defense spent very little time in totality on cross examinations of the states witnesses. the Defense had I believe 2 days and was finished.

Leaves me to wonder what went wrong. The jurors were not put through the task of sitting there for weeks and weeks and should have been able to have reached a verdict. IMO.

Last time the defense effectively tried the case with the states own wittness. Will this happen again? Will they be allowed a third try?

I never followed a hung jury before.

Hopefully, they won't need it

I have no idea. This is indeed a mystery.

It was said early on that her socks were covered with blood ... which, when you think about it, why was she wearing socks and shoes with her pyjamas.

Looking at that image in photoshop, it appears to have had the colour altered as the greens and yellows are adjusted.

That green doesn't look like it belongs on the side of the stool

youngWC.jpg

Also, selecting only the blue channel, we see what may indeed be something on the step stool that could be blood.

youngWC2.jpg

Thanks, Otto!! I agree but then see the bloody prints behind the door and I'm still perplexed as to what was going on. It certainly dispells the notion that she was drugged the entire time. If she was wandering around by herself, why weren't her footprints in the hallway between the rooms?

JMO

It was said early on that her socks were covered with blood ... which, when you think about it, why was she wearing socks and shoes with her pyjamas.

Did Meredith say she was wearing shoes when she found her? If so, I missed that part.

I can only imagine what the jurors are thinking at this point. It doesn't make any sense. Saying she was drugged by Jason without any evidence to support it seems a waste of time. Especially with Tylenol, which is dangerous for toddlers because of toxicity. I'm perplexed along with you.

JMO

Unless the prosecution can connect Jason to the medicine and the medicine to the child, why even mention it. The only thing I can figure out is that investigators could not imagine that the child made that mess in the bathroom while alone for about 12 hours ... removing her socks, cleaning her feet ... so they came up with a completely unbelievable theory about a drugged child being carried around the house. The straight forward explanation is that she was alone for 12 hours, went back and forth between the bedroom and the bathroom, took off her socks, put on her shoes ... did all sorts of unusual things that only a child could think up.

Adult tylenol causes liver damage in children - I can't imagine anyone giving that to their own child but, in reading here today, I understand that not everyone shares my opinion.

Thanks, Otto!! I agree but then see the bloody prints behind the door and I'm still perplexed as to what was going on. It certainly dispells the notion that she was drugged the entire time. If she was wandering around by herself, why weren't her footprints in the hallway between the rooms?

JMO

If police testify that they used luminol on the carpet and did not detect the footprints, then I'll fully believe that they weren't there. Without that, I think it's possible that the blood was simply not evident on the carpet - but I haven't seen photos of the carpet between the two rooms.

It's interesting that her socks were covered in blood, so were her bare feet, her feet were partially cleaned, the bathroom looks like it was left messed up by a child and she was wearing shoes.

Do you know if any luminol was used to identify blood evidence that wasn't visible to the naked eye?

From the footprints, it looks like she walked back and forth between the bathroom and the master bedroom and that at one point she closed the bathroom door and maybe played in the bathroom for a while.

Unless the prosecution can connect Jason to the medicine and the medicine to the child, why even mention it. The only thing I can figure out is that investigators could not imagine that the child made that mess in the bathroom while alone for about 12 hours ... removing her socks, cleaning her feet ... so they came up with a completely unbelievable theory about a drugged child being carried around the house. The straight forward explanation is that she was alone for 12 hours, went back and forth between the bedroom and the bathroom, took off her socks, put on her shoes ... did all sorts of unusual things that only a child could think up.

Adult tylenol causes liver damage in children - I can't imagine anyone giving that to their own child but, in reading here today, I understand that not everyone shares my opinion.

I certainly share your opinion about the Tylenol and the liver damage. It can cause liver damage in adults, too!! I can't imagine any parent giving their own child an overdose. I remember when it was a prescription only drug.

CYwas old enough to identify Jason. I just don't see him as the one who carried her around the house. iirc, she did see a therapist and notes were seized during a search warrant. Maybe those notes will become evidence or the therapist will testify? Excited utterances are an exception to the hearsay rule.

JMO

I was interested in testimony today that MY usually slept with the TV on, so maybe she did not hear them at first.....:(

Another thing we will hear is that she never ever never took off her wedding rings and they were worth a lot of money and they are missing.

Where are they?

Did he swallow them?

If police testify that they used luminol on the carpet and did not detect the footprints, then I'll fully believe that they weren't there. Without that, I think it's possible that the blood was simply not evident on the carpet - but I haven't seen photos of the carpet between the two rooms.

It's interesting that her socks were covered in blood, so were her bare feet, her feet were partially cleaned, the bathroom looks like it was left messed up by a child and she was wearing shoes.

Do you know if any luminol was used to identify blood evidence that wasn't visible to the naked eye?

From the footprints, it looks like she walked back and forth between the bathroom and the master bedroom and that at one point she closed the bathroom door and maybe played in the bathroom for a while.

iirc, an officer did testify at the last trial that luminal was used in the hallway and only a single smudge was found.

CY's pj's should have also been covered in blood from being around her mom's body yet only her socks seem to be it.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member