State vs Jason Lynn Young 2-8-12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not only would JY not speak with LE, he wouldn't agree to even LISTEN to them. Remember that was something they offered. All he had to do was come to the door and listen, he didn't have to say anything. He refused.

Not only would JY not speak with LE, he wouldn't agree to even LISTEN to them. Remember that was something they offered. All he had to do was come to the door and listen, he didn't have to say anything. He refused.

Yup, like my husband wouldn't be at the door asking 'what happened, who hurt my wife?' "Who could have done this, I just saw her last night and she was fine?" "In fact her friend Shelley was there with her!" "What are you doing to find my wife's killer?"

Jason stood up and told Shelley "I'm so sorry." What is *he* sorry about?

I don't find his planning to be unusual or sharing the details with his wife. He was on a business trip, headed toward the mountains where cell reception was poor and she had previously miscarried a baby. I would expect a husband to share such information. This is the type of detail that the prosecution is trying to substitute for actual evidence. There has yet to be any evidence that he had anger management issues or a history of such incredible violence.

JMO

Actually, normally a husband would have shared the details of his trip much earlier, not waiting until a friend was there at dinner and then reviewing the details for a witness. When my husband goes out of town he doesn't wait until he's getting ready to walk out the door to tell me about it.

You don't have to have "anger management issues" to to kill someone.

I don't find his planning to be unusual or sharing the details with his wife. He was on a business trip, headed toward the mountains where cell reception was poor and she had previously miscarried a baby. I would expect a husband to share such information. This is the type of detail that the prosecution is trying to substitute for actual evidence. There has yet to be any evidence that he had anger management issues or a history of such incredible violence.

JMO

A history of violence isn't a prerequisite or even an indicator. Scott Peterson, Mark Hacking, neither of them had a history of violence. Even Josh Powell, it seems to be emerging that historically his issues had been more sexual than violent. The list is a lot longer than three, as well.

Eraser Killers by Marilee Strong is a good resource if you're not familiar with this particular breed of partner-killer.

JMO

I would consider it quite normal for someone to tell his spouse his schedule before leaving on a business trip. The testimony of friends, as we saw in the Brad Cooper trial, can sometimes be subjective.

The ruling on Gracie was if the attorneys could ask her about her accident when she was 7.......

The Judge ruled they can ask her.

He had no choice really. She's the state's only witness and she's brain-damaged. The jury needs to know that.

JMO

I would consider it quite normal for someone to tell his spouse his schedule before leaving on a business trip. The testimony of friends, as we saw in the Brad Cooper trial, can sometimes be subjective.

But telling them in front of a witness, when they're walking out the door, is "quite normal" for someone setting up an alibi.

I agree. My husband travels a lot and one of the last things he does before leaving is tell me where he'll be staying and when he expects to get there. The fact that the prosecution is making it a big deal is yet another indication they have no real evidence.

JMO

Today isn't a good day for Jason because all his bad behavior as an irresponsible husband is coming out. Also, the fact that he listened to the advice of lawyers is turned a little bit upside down and used to imply that he was uncooperative regarding interest in his wife's murder.

Man, this 'lawyer told me not to talk', Pat Young 'the lawyer told us not to talk', sounds so much like scott peterson and his own mommy dearest.

He had no choice really. She's the state's only witness and she's brain-damaged. The jury needs to know that.

JMO

A plus for the prosecution. Obviously her disability isn't so severe that she can't handle normal activity such as job at the gas station. Competent enough for that, competent enough to recognize someone who goes into a rage when they are standing in front of her, when shown their photo within a few days. The disability explains why she wasn't able to, years later, relate things such as Jason's height, etc.

"How unlucky can one man be?" She hit the nail on the head with that one.

I don't believe this excuse JY and his mommy use, "The lawyer said not to talk." "The Lawyer told him he can't say anything."

I would like to hear from JY's lawyer exactly what he would say *if* a client contacted them for representation. I suspect it would probably be "you don't have to talk to LE, you have that right." I cannot see an attorney telling a client to never talk to LE. Attorneys would talk about what is a client's legal right.

Yikes, she is very pro PT, took the def long time to object.

I agree. My husband travels a lot and one of the last things he does before leaving is tell me where he'll be staying and when he expects to get there. The fact that the prosecution is making it a big deal is yet another indication they have no real evidence.

JMO

Your husband sounds like a considerate man, who probably also acknowledges your birthdays and anniversarys .... sounds like a keeper!

But telling them in front of a witness, when they're walking out the door, is "quite normal" for someone setting up an alibi.

Huh? It was the truth. Cops were able to prove his alibi independently and the prosecution's only hope of proving he had the opportunity is with the testimony of a brain-injured woman.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member