State vs Jason Lynn Young 2-9-12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think she testified that her mother said that at age 22 she would have the mind of a 2 year old. I realize that she is older now, but if that really is the case she may not have completely understood what she was doing - or understood the depth of what she was doing as a witness in a murder case.

I could be way off base, but if I'm not then it seems like it is sort of unethical for the prosecutors to use her this way. I didn't see her testimony in the first trial but watched it this time and felt bad that the prosecutors were putting her through this. Technically she is an adult, but if she has the mind of a small child...small children don't testify in court for a reason.

Or is that just the job of the jury to sort out how much weight they will give the testimony?

In the end a man's life is on the line and her testimony is a key part of what the prosecution is using to try to put him away for life.

Well, either her mom knows some really, really, really BRILLIANT two year olds, or she's wrong and Gracie is smarter than a two year old.

I have some pretty bright kids, and I thought they did well knowing how to hold complete conversations and alphabet and begin to read at two. I don't think they could have used a cash register though. Or count back money, or know to turn the gas pump auto off outside, so that they'd have to come in and pay BEFORE paying. I'm pretty sure by 2, they didn't know that someone could possibly take off without paying.

I doubt her testimony will be the 'hook' of any of the jurors. But it might be a good chunk of the puzzle that HELPS, tie the other pieces together.

JMHO
fran

If the cops don't believe you were innocent and treated you as a suspect, what exactly do you think you could do to "help" them? Talking is of no help if they think you are a liar. iirc, Mark Lunsford was a very upset, frustrated father who didn't know where his daughter was being held or by whom. The media did not find his daughter, the cops did but not before they put Mark Lunsford and his parents through he**.

JMO

JLY lawyered up *before* he EVER talked to the cops. He had no personal knowledge they 'wouldn't believe him'. As to 'what I could do to help', I could go through my house with them, looking if anything is out of place, missing. Tell them about work acquaintances, neighbors, the supposedly *suspicious* noises he'd heard at night, the trailer park behind the house and on and on, in an effort to find out who killed my spouse. If I were completely innocent, my indignation at their not believing me would be evident. But I wouldn't give up, I'd keep trying to think of who might have killed my spouse. Jason never once, even through his lawyers, attempted to help the cops discover who might have had a motive to kill my spouse, regardless of how *dumb* the reason might seem. Hell, I'd say 'check out my lover, I bet they might have had a motive.' But that would be because I was upset my spouse was murdered, the mother/father of my children.

I remember when people were accusing Daniel Horowitz of killing his wife, and then remember the Elizabeth Smart case?

People were looking at her own family and then some guy(Richard Ricci) was falsely accused.

And yet both of those instances still cooperated with LE in an attempt to solve the crime against their loved ones.

The exercise machine was turned out, there was a partially empty water bottle next to it, Michelle was wearing a zip-up hoodie. What evidence is that that she was asleep in bed?

The blood was in the bed. The only signs of a struggle were in the masterbedroom. All the blood was in the master bedroom. A large portion of Michelle's blood was in the master bed. That is where the attack occured, not the bonus room IMO.

And yet both of those instances still cooperated with LE in an attempt to solve the crime against their loved ones.

Exactly. It's status quo to start with the closest to the victim and work out. Unfortunately, when it comes to pregnanet women more than not it's the boyfriend /spouse. Innocent people go through that process and cooperate as fast as possible to clear themselves.

The pros was foolish to put her through cross. IMO JMO MOO

She is a lovely lady with a good heart. She didn't do anything wrong.

I still believe her. :)

(we need donuts in the morn. I got hot choc. and mini marshes. :D common peeps chip in or else :D ;P :) )

I don't do mornings....I have to get up at 6:15 to say goodbye to my b/f, sometimes I have to drive him to the train station, then I am back to bed
until noon....

Start without me......

:D

I think the defense is pulling the wool over many people's eyes about Gracie and skewing the details, which many are buying wholesale.

That 5:27am receipt is when the transaction was completed in the system. It shows amount purchased, # of gallons pumped, and the total cost. The transaction wouldn't have been recorded until he already threw the $20 at her and then immediately walked out and pumped the gas. A furious JY walked into the store probably 2 to 3 mins before, however long it took to pump $15 of gas. Her regular/newspaper customer held the door open as JY walked in. She testified that her regular customer then left.

The timeline totally works.

Gracie's story stayed consistent from the time the cops first visited her. Same story, same guy, same transaction amount, same vehicle, same nasty encounter with someone who cussed her out. Corroborated with a receipt that shows she didn't just make up the story. With no prompting she was able to describe what the person was driving (color and vehicle type). I consider that credible since no one was feeding her info and she had no idea about the murder. The cops didn't tell her they were working on a murder investigation possibly involving this guy at that point.

I dunno. But, I'm with the personal nature of this crime that everyone keeps pointing out.

However, a woman, particularly a pregnant mother who gets pounced on while sleeping or while nodding off is going to fight. If she had fingernail impressions in her own neck, she was fighting.

She did not go out of this world without leaving some kind of a mark on someone. And that is one of the missing puzzle pieces for me.

How do you do this brutal a beating and walk away without a scratch, a bump or a bruise when you should look like you got into a bar fight with a bobcat?

Have you ever been hit even once in the face... what about in the face with an object? Once the attacker wasn't choking her and strikes her with a full rage fist or strike to the jaw/nose/eye, that would be it for much fighting back IMO. Plus, was he checked out immediately regarding small nail wounds and such?
He would have had long sleeves on, maybe gloves, and might not have had any wounds regardless.

On the topic of who was considered a suspect that Friday...

You know who first considered JY a suspect?

JY himself

He decided he was a suspect...based on one friend telling him the cops were asking questions and the friend suggesting he should find a lawyer.

An innocent spouse wouldn't care what the cops were asking...let em ask! Get a lawyer, protect your rights, but who cares what questions they have. Of course they have questions! A murder occurred.

Those with nothing to hide...hide nothing.

I don't do mornings....I have to get up at 6:15 to say goodbye to my b/f, sometimes I have to drive him to the train station, then I am back to bed
until noon....

Start without me......

:D

G'night, we may disagree,

but we are all still here for Michelle and her children.

:)

(say a little prayer for ( ♥ HaLeigh ♥ )

I think the defense is pulling the wool over many people's eyes about Gracie and skewing the details, which many are buying wholesale.

That 5:27am receipt is when the transaction was completed in the system. It shows amount purchased, # of gallons pumped, and the total cost. The transaction wouldn't have been recorded until he already threw the $20 at her and then immediately walked out and pumped the gas. A furious JY walked into the store probably 2 to 3 mins before, however long it took to pump $15 of gas. Her regular/newspaper customer held the door open as JY walked in. She testified that her regular customer then left.

The timeline totally works.

No, when whoever paid her, she set the pump for $20.00, that time would then be recorded at 5:27 am.
She also had a customer at 5:26 am and at
5:28 am
5:31 am
5:34 am
5:35 am

Jason could not have walked in after he pumped the gas, because he had to pay first in order to pump the gas.

That is what he was supposedly furious about.

Gracie testified that at 5:26 her regular customer left....that means he did not hear whoever yelled or cursed at her.....

How could the customer hold the door open for Jason, then walk out and be able to still hear what Jason said?

I will link and timestamp the video for you tomorrow.

Also, she once said the customer was standing to the side, and drinking his coffee, and the customer said Jason was rude, after he left.

After today, I am pretty sure there was no customer.......

JMO

G'night, we may disagree,

but we are all still here for Michelle and her children.

:)

(say a little prayer for ( ♥ HaLeigh ♥ )

Yes, we do. :heart:
:seeya: tomorrow.

I wonder who will take the stand first.

JY himself

He decided he was a suspect...based on one friend telling him the cops were asking questions and the friend suggesting he should find a lawyer.

An innocent spouse wouldn't care what the cops were asking...let em ask! Get a lawyer, protect your rights, but who cares what questions they have. Of course they have questions! A murder occurred.

Well, see the police are likely to miscontrue things like his having e-mailed MY that he'd like to kill her and that she'd better pray his alcohol kicked in and his computer recording searches for information on head trauma and knockouts as indications he might be someone to be investigated. The police could unfairly consider all of his actions together as making JY the most likely person to be the killer, rather than considering all of his acts in isolation so as to avoid forming an opinion. :waitasec:

No doubt, police make mistakes and sometimes worse. They're people. But the fact remains that JY was up to his beady eyeballs in suspicious behavior and motive. It only remains whether the evidence is or is not enough to convince this jury, but certainly this is a warranted prosecution.

JY himself

:clap:

That is my feelings. He did nothing :(

I know JY's cell phone ceased pinging after his near midnight call to his most favored mistress on the night of the murder and was not booted up again until the next morning. I do not know whether he typically cut it off at night. If that was the only night, say, in a 30 day period on which the cell phone was turned off, that to me would be a consideration, not conclusive, toward the idea he was covering his tracks on the trip. Was anything said on this issue during the first trial?

Were those other customers cash or credit? Credit customers would not have to either prepay or come into the cstore unless they wanted to purchase something.

According to Gracie's testimony the newspaper regular yelled out to JY that he had to come in to prepay. Then JY came in, cussed at Gracie and threw $20 at her. Then she took the money and setup the pump for the $20 amount. 5:27am is when the transaction is recorded. By that point JY would be on his way back to his car to pump the gas.

Whatever little details the defense wants to throw out is fine, but it doesn't change the nasty encounter Gracie had that early morning...that made such an impression on her. It doesn't change the fact she was able to accurately describe the vehicle the person drove. It doesn't change that she was able to point the person out in court and ID his photograph.

Have you ever been hit even once in the face... what about in the face with an object? Once the attacker wasn't choking her and strikes her with a full rage fist or strike to the jaw/nose/eye, that would be it for much fighting back IMO. Plus, was he checked out immediately regarding small nail wounds and such?
He would have had long sleeves on, maybe gloves, and might not have had any wounds regardless.

Right...since he never once cooperated in any way with police, was he searched for signs of evidence or injury? I don't recall hearing that he was ever examined.

I missed most of the past few days. Did Michelle Money testify yet?

Gracie's story stayed consistent from the time the cops first visited her. Same story, same guy, same transaction amount, same vehicle, same nasty encounter with someone who cussed her out. Corroborated with a receipt that shows she didn't just make up the story. With no prompting she was able to describe what the person was driving (color and vehicle type). I consider that credible since no one was feeding her info and she had no idea about the murder. The cops didn't tell her they were working on a murder investigation possibly involving this guy at that point.

It was a cash receipt and the account of what happened is not backed up by any of the following:

a) the customer who can not be found, has no name, after efforts to locate him
b)her boss
c) an incident report
d)telling the next clerk who came in.

*Do you know that LE set up flyers in the store to try talk to the customer, does that mean he never ever came back in the store again?
That they also set up surveillance videos to try and find him, but for some reason never showed them to Gracie.......
Stay tuned:
I don't want to spoil it for those watching this the first time.

I know JY's cell phone ceased pinging after his near midnight call to his most favored mistress on the night of the murder and was not booted up again until the next morning. I do not know whether he typically cut it off at night. If that was the only night, say, in a 30 day period on which the cell phone was turned off, that to me would be a consideration, not conclusive, toward the idea he was covering his tracks on the trip. Was anything said on this issue during the first trial?

I had this same question about his cell phone usage, lack of usage, access to towers, etc. I also wanted to know if his laptop remained connected to the HI network through the night or not. I think not. Not sure about his phone. Don't remember any testimony about his phone being turned off or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinzstel