State vs Jason Lynn Young 2-9-12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
With the amount of blood in the bed, I think the first blow to Michelle came while she was still asleep, and as you said, either unconscious or brutally stunned at the very least. Perhaps while in the act of strangling her, she began to come around to the point of trying to loosen the grasp around her neck, hence the fingernail impressions on her own neck. MOO, I think JLY thought he could bash her over the head, render her unconscious, and then finish her off by strangling her. But she came to and began to fight him. So she was bashed & bashed again and again. The anger, passion and overkill./

Leaving JY out of the picture for now, I think this is exactly what happened. The perp. thought it would be easier and didn't count on her will to live and fight for her children. (not getting into the fetus/baby debate here. She wanted this baby) Who ever killed Michelle was <selfmodsnip>

They way she died was brutal and I only listened to the descriptions. :(
Bless the jury(s) as they will never be the same after what they saw. I can't imagine what Meredith sees when she closes her eyes remembering that day. Strong woman.

Did the prosecution present motive in this trial or the previous one?

The last trial was that Jason did not want to be married , hated his MIL, and him being unfaithful.

This time they may add financial difficulties, as just last Nov they issued a search warrant checking into money problems.

JMO

Something new we learned today about the Hampton Inn. (84 rooms)

The hotel's occupancy rate for that nite was 49 rooms.

Keith Hicks thought is was only about a 1/3 full but this is way more.

This would also explain Jason's parking on the side of the hotel.

Curiously though he parked on the side that was completely opposite to where his room was. No reason for doing that. His room was on the 4th floor east side. He parked on the west side.

Capture-7.jpg

I guess, the question now is whether Jason will testify again.

I could cite examples where extreme violence occurred but there was no connection between the victim and the suspect. Maybe it's a situation where if the husband did it, there is often evidence of rage, but it's not necessarily true that if there is evidence of rage, the husband did it.

I was just curious because I've seen many posters make the same comment and I'm not sure there is even any definitive research on it. There was a murder of a family in Virginia a few years ago and LE quickly said it wasn't a random stranger killing. It was. I still hold the opinion that the reason Cassidy was left alive is the same reason Ava Worthington was left alive: she could not identify the killer.

JMO

NCAVP defines overkill as "a marker of a violent response that in part comes out of an emotional one". It is a well-established fact that overkill is present in many intimate partner homicides when the victim is a woman. Studies vary but it ranges from 46-90% of cases researched in North America.
Source: https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/nij/grants/209731.pdf

I'm curious where the idea comes from that rage/degree of violence is an indication the victim knew her attacker? Thanks.

I get goth kill from this or maybe someone higher than high.

jmo

The FBI has had behavioral profiles done for many years (decades actually). Certain manners of death are noted to be personal, done by an intimate. Also they have ways of classifying murders and injuries and determining rage, overkill, that sort of thing. Michelle was attacked up close and personal. First face to face as she was strangled, then beat on her face and head, around her mouth.

Pure rage.

Curiously though he parked on the side that was completely opposite to where his room was. No reason for doing that. His room was on the 4th floor east side. He parked on the west side.

Capture-7.jpg

But, you do know he did not know where his room was when he checked in.

Why would it matter which side he parked on, if he was going to leave soon afterwards anyway?

:confused:

Right now I'm listening to MM's testimony at the first trial.

Is it true that there was a bloody footprint on her pillow that didn't match Jason's? I am shocked no physical evidence was found at the crime scene that points the finger at Jason.

past cases I have followed as well as my opinion (and just to clarify: that would be overkill...)

I consider the Petit murders pretty much overkill (although not to the degree that MY went through). Those were strangers.

According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics -looking at 30 years of murders against women, only 8.7% were confirmed as being murdered by strangers.

A full 64% were killed by a friend / neighbor / acquaintance.

(28% unknown, but would expect skew to fall like the rest)

Also, just a cursory browse of criminology reports will show that hate crimes in general are among the most brutal, in terms of violence. They frequently involve beatings and stabbings and downright torture - think Matthew Shepherd tied to a fence.

Shootings are the most impersonal of crimes because they are done from a distance - impersonal and efficient. You don't have to touch your victim, get their blood on you, or engage with them at all.

NCAVP defines overkill as "a marker of a violent response that in part comes out of an emotional one". It is a well-established fact that overkill is present in many intimate partner homicides when the victim is a woman. Studies vary but it ranges from 46-90% of cases researched in North America.
Source: https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/nij/grants/209731.pdf

So that would support the statement that if the husband did it, it's more likely that there is evidence of rage. Is there anything to support the statement that if there is evidence of rage, the husband did it, or ... what is the incidence of rage in non-intimate partner murders?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966