State vs Jason Lynn Young 2-9-12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My take on the injuries is that they were a result of both fist and weapon, with several injuries being described as caused by fists or hands. The ME could not say if gloves were worn during the attack ... no evidence of gloves on any of the injuries.

It seems like the suspect should have had some bruising on at least one hand, or somewhere, since there was a struggle.

[video=youtube;6wXkI4t7nuc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXkI4t7nuc&feature[/video]

My take on the injuries is that they were a result of both fist and weapon, with several injuries being described as caused by fists or hands. The ME could not say if gloves were worn during the attack ... no evidence of gloves on any of the injuries.

It seems like the suspect should have had some bruising on at least one hand, or somewhere, since there was a struggle.

but so far it doesn't seem like much of a struggle (I am watching this for the first time)..

to me it seems like overkill.

it seems to me like she was more than likely unconscious or dead from the first blow and than repeatedly struck after that...

which sounds more like rage/overkill which also indicates someone that knew her.

and I don't necessarily think there would have to be marks on hands of the perp for this to happen.

but that is just my perspective from today/thus far

but so far it doesn't seem like much of a struggle (I am watching this for the first time)..

it seems to me like she was more than likely unconscious or dead from the first blow and than repeatedly struck after that...

which sounds more like rage/overkill which also indicates someone that knew her.

and I don't necessarily think there would have to be marks on hands of the perp for this to happen.

I thought the ME said the scratches on her neck were from her fighting to breathe (my words, paraphrased)? I will have to watch again later.

I do agree it was overkill. Who ever murdered Michelle had a deep hatred of her. IMO JMO

Agree, 100%.
Wasn't there some rumor/ speculation that he had gloves when he is seen in the hotel video, no confirmation on that yet, but if he did,
why didn't he pick up the rock with them?
Plus, he would have gloves at his house, garage, or in his car, why bring gloves into the hotel?
I want to know exactly what he is carrying in that video, besides water.
This is one piece of info I am watching out for, but not skipping ahead to, honest!!

:biggrin:

Jason's not even looking at the jury's reactions. He's staring downward, trying to stay awake.

You'd think a guy on trial for his life would be more attentive. IF this were me and I was innocent, I'd be in tears. But I guess it's because I'm a woman. Yet, I KNOW men have just as strong emotions.

JMHO
fran

The murder was more than five years ago, he spent more than a year in jail awaiting trial and totally away from his daughter and the last jury couldn't reach a verdict so here he goes through it again. I can't even guess how I would react if facing all that and knowing my child surely has suffered from it as well.

JMO

Do we know who the next witness is going to be?

I heard the Judge say something about it being brief.

Do we know who the next witness is going to be?

I heard the Judge say something about it being brief.

I can't hear the Judge hardly at all. I want to get a hold of the audio guy and tell him to adjust it or get a boom thingy or something! LOL

Plus I can't hear the objections!!!!

:maddening::maddening::maddening:

which sounds more like rage/overkill which also indicates someone that knew her.and I don't necessarily think there would have to be marks on hands of the perp for this to happen.

I'm curious where the idea comes from that rage/degree of violence is an indication the victim knew her attacker? Thanks.

For Otto,

From last nite's thread, the reference to the rifle came in through MF's testimony, we had never heard that before.

And, CY's shoe in the master bed?
I will find the photo and link it.

I'm curious where the idea comes from that rage/degree of violence is an indication the victim knew her attacker? Thanks.

past cases I have followed as well as my opinion (and just to clarify: that would be overkill...)

With the amount of blood in the bed, I think the first blow to Michelle came while she was still asleep, and as you said, either unconscious or brutally stunned at the very least. Perhaps while in the act of strangling her, she began to come around to the point of trying to loosen the grasp around her neck, hence the fingernail impressions on her own neck. MOO, I think JLY thought he could bash her over the head, render her unconscious, and then finish her off by strangling her. But she came to and began to fight him. So she was bashed & bashed again and again. The anger, passion and overkill./

Something new we learned today about the Hampton Inn. (84 rooms)

The hotel's occupancy rate for that nite was 49 rooms.

Keith Hicks thought is was only about a 1/3 full but this is way more.

This would also explain Jason's parking on the side of the hotel.

Did the prosecution present motive in this trial or the previous one?

For Otto,

From last nite's thread, the reference to the rifle came in through MF's testimony, we had never heard that before.

And, CY's shoe in the master bed?
I will find the photo and link it.

Thanks ... I'm listening to the testimony when I can, but missing lots of it too.

I could cite examples where extreme violence occurred but there was no connection between the victim and the suspect. Maybe it's a situation where if the husband did it, there is often evidence of rage, but it's not necessarily true that if there is evidence of rage, the husband did it.

Did the prosecution present motive in this trial or the previous one?

Not really. The insurance policy was held up as motive, but the suspect never attempted to collect on the policy. The only motive that I see is that they didn't get along so he decided to murder her. From a financial angle, it doesn't seem like child support would have been a reason. Michelle had a good salary and child support would have been based on both incomes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member