State vs Jason Lynn Young 2-9-12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does he always blink this much? Ever since they got onto injury specifics, he's been blinking blinking blinking.

Seemed too when really nervous.

Could he look more bored? This is his beloved wife and unborn son.

<blink blink>

Jason's not even looking at the jury's reactions. He's staring downward, trying to stay awake.

You'd think a guy on trial for his life would be more attentive. IF this were me and I was innocent, I'd be in tears. But I guess it's because I'm a woman. Yet, I KNOW men have just as strong emotions.

JMHO
fran

Sending positive thoughts to Linda and Meredith........

This must be a difficult part of the trial for the jurors. :( Actually seeing the autopsy photos.

I'm not going to watch, just listen. :(

They accidentally showed a glimpse of Michelle.

I can't watch.

fran

ETA, just this experts description is about all I need. I get it.

I agree, Fran.......I could not imagine anyone viewing these photos if they did not absolutely positively have to.

:(

Q :confused:

Ehhh, why do they have to show the jury the ACTUAL organ, muscle, whatever after it's removed from the victim, to point the actual damage caused by the blows?

They could see that from the photos of the victim's body.

Just seems TMI.

fran

As someone who is squeamish, this would be super hard for me to see. As a juror I would resent the slayer who did this, not only ending a young woman's life, but creating such heinous gore that now others have to see. Then I would look over to the accused and notice him bored and I would be affected by that. But that's just me.

Q :confused:

Ehhh, why do they have to show the jury the ACTUAL organ, muscle, whatever after it's removed from the victim, to point the actual damage caused by the blows?

They could see that from the photos of the victim's body.

Just seems TMI.

fran

This is too much, I realize that to a medical examiner, this is part of their profession, but to the average person, it is just too much to know.

I would not be able to stay in the courtroom or look at photos.......

:(

When Michelle and Shelly set up plans for that nite, it was because Jason was going out of town.

He was running late that day, he said he cut the grass and stuff, and did not even print out directions to his meeting until minutes before he left.

I think if this was planned, he might want to know that fact in advance.

JMO

Yes, and he remembered to take those just printed out directions BUT FORGOT to take the coach purse print outs.

As someone who is squeamish, this would be super hard for me to see. As a juror I would resent the slayer who did this, not only ending a young woman's life, but creating such heinous gore that now others have to see. Then I would look over to the accused and notice him bored and I would be affected by that. But that's just me.

When I accompanied a few Websleuthers in attending the closing statements of a murder trial, the pros showed 8X10's of the victim as she was found. He angled the photos so those in the galary couldn't see. But one of our group did accidentally see one. She left within 5 minutes and had to leave at coffee break. She couldn't bring herself to go back in the courtroom.

FWIW
fran

Defense establishing that a number of injuries could have been caused by hands rather than a weapon. I guess he's going to point out later that Jason had no injuries to his hands.

ME is saying some of the blows could have been caused by a fist.

We can see where this is going.......Jason had no hand injuries.........

Was it Judge Stephens who just asked 'if he had an opinion as to whether the hands were gloved or ungloved?' Reply 'no opinion'.

Darn it. Have leave to go into the cold to watch my daughter's tennis match today. Brrrrrrrr.

I will catch up tonight with all your excellent post and analysis. Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mcs1317