State vs Jason Lynn Young: weekend discussion 11-18 Feb 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will state the same whether you are 2 or 102.

Some individuals are very good eyewitnesses, others are not.

I as well am interested in this as I was shot by my biological father at a very young age.

I vaguely remember the gun. I recall no pain etc.

What I did keep getting was a recurring image of a grandfatherly type and being in the HUGE chair in which I recall my feet did not reach the end of the chair in a smelly room. Over the years I kept questioning my mother about it and she simply had no idea what it could possibly be.

It was actually an aunt that said hold it you were taken into the judges chambers and he spoke to you for about 2 hours.

My industrious aunt made inquiries and we now feel that that part may be partial memories of speaking to the judge.

The rest others have had to fill in for me so my memory is as reliable as what they have told me.

We have a 2 year old child, an age where suggestions can become ideas and imagination is bigger than reality. We have a 2 year old child that attended a daycare swarming with media and she was apparently unaware of what was being said about what happened to her mom. She was observed enacting a scenario between two dollhouse figures where the larger figure spanked the smaller figure for biting. Everything turned red. That sounds pretty real.

What you wrote is mindboggling ...

I wonder why image #28 is shown in the Hampton Inn surveillance photos. It is shown just before the image of JY walking down the hallway @ 23:59:40. It looks like 'someone' is carrying something?

2rcppgg.jpg

Hampton Inn surveillance photos
http://www.wral.com/specialreports/michelleyoung/image_gallery/9726666/

I listened to a bit of her prior testimony to refresh my recollection of her. So she is driving down the road at 5:30 in the a.m., just driving past a house, yet she has the time to supposedly do, watch, see numerous different things, all in the, what would it take, 5 seconds or so, to pass by a neighbors driveway? She's watching for deer, see's a car that's 'bigger than a station wagon', has her brights on, thinks she's blinded 'em, see's a big square van at the intersection two houses up and to the right, looks back again at the 'bigger than a station wagon', see's it has it's dashboard lights on???? See's a white man and a bushy haired stranger. < sorry, had to add the bushy haired stranger in there, as it's so appropo>, see's the big square van with all it's lights on, see's a man in the van, looks back again and see's guy in 'bigger than a station wagon is wearing a shiny ring, yadda yadda yadda. But she 'could be wrong' about any and all these things..........:waitasec:

Was she a DT or PT witness? I honestly can't imagine either side calling her based on what you have just typed.

BBM

You know, speaking for myself, that actually has just the opposite effect.

I lived in the same neighborhood for 20 years. Drove the same route in and out going to work, kids to school, grocery store, etc. Over time, I was just in auto mode going about my business to and fro and did not pay attention to one single thing. A neighbor could move, get a new car, etc and I'd notice long after because of just running on auto. If something terrible or shocking, say a fire, wreck, etc of course I noticed, but everyday run of the mill things such as who's car is parked where, lights on or off, nope. Wouldn't have noticed as it is just normal day to day living environment.

IMO

I thought of this as I went to the store this evening. I'm the same way, I pretty much block everything out. My dad is the opposite, he notices everything in his neighborhood. Each person is different I guess.

Had the information about all the lights being on at the Young house been made public before Tuesday when she told her story to investigators? If so, I could see her piggybacking on the story to get her 15 mins.

And yet she's held down jobs, involving money transactions, customer transactions, usage of a computer, etc. Me thinks some people are a bit prejudiced against Gracie. And I think that is simply wrong. Sounds like junior high kids picking on poor Gracie. IMO:maddening:

And let's not forget, what you have described as her job duties were done on a shift where she was all alone. Doesn't sound to me like her supervisor felt she had a serious brain injury with debilitating memory problems and this person saw her every day. I think I'll trust that more than a passing show of her on the witness stand to accurately judge her intellect and capabilities or lack thereof.

IMO

And yet she's held down jobs, involving money transactions, customer transactions, usage of a computer, etc. Me thinks some people are a bit prejudiced against Gracie. And I think that is simply wrong. Sounds like junior high kids picking on poor Gracie. IMO:maddening:

She worked at the gas station for a few months and seems to hold down simple jobs. She was well dressed and appeared professional during testimony, but she still tripped over what she remembered, what might be true and facts.

I thought of this as I went to the store this evening. I'm the same way, I pretty much block everything out. My dad is the opposite, he notices everything in his neighborhood. Each person is different I guess.

Had the information about all the lights being on at the Young house been made public before Tuesday when she told her story to investigators? If so, I could see her piggybacking on the story to get her 15 mins.

I'm curious ... is one of you left handed?

I listened to a bit of her prior testimony to refresh my recollection of her. So she is driving down the road at 5:30 in the a.m., just driving past a house, yet she has the time to supposedly do, watch, see numerous different things, all in the, what would it take, 5 seconds or so, to pass by a neighbors driveway? She's watching for deer, see's a car that's 'bigger than a station wagon', has her brights on, thinks she's blinded 'em, see's a big square van at the intersection two houses up and to the right, looks back again at the 'bigger than a station wagon', see's it has it's dashboard lights on???? See's a white man and a bushy haired stranger. < sorry, had to add the bushy haired stranger in there, as it's so appropo>, see's the big square van with all it's lights on, see's a man in the van, looks back again and see's guy in 'bigger than a station wagon is wearing a shiny ring, yadda yadda yadda. But she 'could be wrong' about any and all these things..........:waitasec:

All these minor DETAILS recalled 5 days later???
A co-worker asked her what was going on in her neighborhood?
Then she suddenly recalled explicit details of her otherwise, normal drive to work?
Sorry, I don't buy 3/4 of what she said.

And let's not forget, what you have described as her job duties were done on a shift where she was all alone. Doesn't sound to me like her supervisor felt she had a serious brain injury with debilitating memory problems and this person saw her every day. I think I'll trust that more than a passing show of her on the witness stand to accurately judge her intellect and capabilities or lack thereof.

IMO

She was rather confused about which regular customers were in the store at the time and did come up with new testimony about a newspaper guy, since deceased, that was in the store at the time. It appeared to be more rehabilitated testimony.

BBM

You know, speaking for myself, that actually has just the opposite effect.

I lived in the same neighborhood for 20 years. Drove the same route in and out going to work, kids to school, grocery store, etc. Over time, I was just in auto mode going about my business to and fro and did not pay attention to one single thing. A neighbor could move, get a new car, etc and I'd notice long after because of just running on auto. If something terrible or shocking, say a fire, wreck, etc of course I noticed, but everyday run of the mill things such as who's car is parked where, lights on or off, nope. Wouldn't have noticed as it is just normal day to day living environment.

IMO

I'm exactly the same way. We used to live off Six Forks Rd. in Raleigh. I remember one day, driving with my husband and suddenly noticing all these big office buildings on one side of the road. I remember remarking to hubby, 'look at that!' 'When did they build all those buildings along here?" It was like they sprouted up over-night, to me anyway. Hubby laughed at me. He said 'you never noticed, all those times you drive this road, that they were building these office buildings?' Nope, never noticed 'em until a car was exiting on my side from one of the parking lots around them. I was in an accident, passenger side of the car, so sometimes when a car comes towards me on that side, I'll get a flashback and try to brace myself in the car. Voila, BIG BUILDING THERE SUDDENLY.

She worked at the gas station for a few months and seems to hold down simple jobs. She was well dressed and appeared professional during testimony, but she still tripped over what she remembered, what might be true and facts.

Are you suggesting a responsible CStore clerk is not believable because of the "simple job"?

O/T -
<<shiver>> Grant Hayes makes my skin crawl big-time. Yet another full-blown Narcissist of the highest order with a pure T nut for a wife. <<brrrrrr>> You think Hayes (I refuse to refer to him as Haze) might plead, Wolfpack?

And Jason Williford is scheduled for some proceeding on 1st Degree Murder, 1st Burglary & 1st Rape tomorrow, along with our Saacks as 1st Chair, in Courtroom 003B -- we should have quite the crowd!! I guess it's just to get scheduling officially on the docket -- that one is supposed to be J. Stephens' case as well. This little juggle could be interesting... that one is officially scheduled for 03/06/12. Schedules and personnel are tight and stacking up for Stephens and 003B.

Refresh my memory on these two please? I know the names, but having trouble placing the crimes? :(

She was rather confused about which regular customers were in the store at the time and did come up with new testimony about a newspaper guy, since deceased, that was in the store at the time. It appeared to be more rehabilitated testimony.

See, that's just it. I don't see her as confused in the same way you do. I think she was confused at times but many, many witnesses are confused on the stand and that is often due to the deliberate actions of the attorney doing the cross examination and then they are rehabilitated on redirect. Happens all the time.

For some reason, people tend to hold that against some witnesses more than others. I think it becomes a popularity contest in a way. For whichever side you are cheering on, you tend to believe their witnesses more, and vice versa.

I see a lot of people believing Gracie and IMO, they tend to side with the prosecution's case. Those same people tend to not so much believe the postal worker.

It appears just the opposite with the others that are saying the PT has not proven its case and likely won't (or that is the impression I get from some of those posters) and they tend to believe the postal worker and not Gracie.

So I just chalk that up to whether you believe the PT or the DT. Which eye witnesses you believe are credible.

ETA: The BBM added for this comment. I think it is unfair to say a witness has come up with new testimony or changed their testimony simply because they may have added something this time around. A witness can only testify to what they are asked to answer. This may not have been new information. She just might not have been asked about it previously in the trial or at least not in a way that solicited the answer she gave this time.

See, that's just it. I don't see her as confused in the same way you do. I think she was confused at times but many, many witnesses are confused on the stand and that is often due to the deliberate actions of the attorney doing the cross examination and then they are rehabilitated on redirect. Happens all the time.

For some reason, people tend to hold that against some witnesses more than others. I think it becomes a popularity contest in a way. For whichever side you are cheering on, you tend to believe their witnesses more, and vice versa.

I see a lot of people believing Gracie and IMO, they tend to side with the prosecution's case. Those same people tend to not so much believe the worker.

It appears just the opposite with the others that are saying the PT has not proven its case and likely won't (or that is the impression I get from some of those posters) and they tend to believe the postal worker and not Gracie.

So I just chalk that up to whether you believe the PT or the DT. Which eye witnesses you believe are credible.

She wasn't rehabilitated on the stand, she was rehabilitated between the two trials.

You should view her testimony in the two trials and see what you think.

I thought Becky Holt had the Hayes case. Did they give it to someone else? Would they be keeping him in the jail? He needs to be locked up in the nastiest prison in NC.

If I was the defense attorney, I would throw this one. I would take the hit for the good of humanity to see JY locked up for eternity.

bbm

Oh, yes, he and his missus are both locked up in the county pen.

I agree. They can't possibly like JY. He's just nasty looking and slimy, IMO. And they have to spend nearly every day with him....
icon8.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member