State vs Jason Lynn Young: weekend discussion 11-18 Feb 2012

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My dad's issue is that he has way too much time on his hands. He's also nosey.

o/t ... I have a theory that right handers see the details first and the left handers see the big picture first ... it only takes a short time for the right hander to see the big picture and the left hander to see the details, but it's about what they see first ... but it's just a theory ... try it with a friend when glancing at a billboard while driving down the freeway.

She was rather confused about which regular customers were in the store at the time and did come up with new testimony about a newspaper guy, since deceased, that was in the store at the time. It appeared to be more rehabilitated testimony.

The newspaper guy was testified to in the first trial. Not new testimony

:great: LOL!! I started to post a long paragraph about how my granny was and then deleted it before posting it. The short story is she was nosey too and probably would have competed with your dad for the knowledge of the goings on in the neighborhood. Sadly though, my aunt often proved her wrong on many accounts of what she was certain she interpreted by what she saw. Granny was stubborn though and would never admit she was wrong. So and So did in fact have a fight and now are moving out. Six months later, she is still wrong. :innocent:

:great: LOL!! I started to post a long paragraph about how my granny was and then deleted it before posting it. The short story is she was nosey too and probably would have competed with your dad for the knowledge of the goings on in the neighborhood. Sadly though, my aunt often proved her wrong on many accounts of what she was certain she interpreted by what she saw. Granny was stubborn though and would never admit she was wrong. So and So did in fact have a fight and now are moving out. Six months later, she is still wrong. :innocent:

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Dang there has to be at least one nosey person in a family as think back to an aunt that drove me nuts lol

Too funny :)

All these minor DETAILS recalled 5 days later???
A co-worker asked her what was going on in her neighborhood?
Then she suddenly recalled explicit details of her otherwise, normal drive to work?
Sorry, I don't buy 3/4 of what she said.

Yet we aren't supposed to believe Gracie, because some friend of her's mentioned a murder in Raleigh, what, a hundred miles away from her? She said 'she let it go in one ear and out the other', cute remark from a brain-damaged woman. I use it often myself. :fence: And three days after the murder, she identified JLY as the customer who cussed her out and threw money at her, in the exact time frame he would have been passing her establishment. Not know at all, why she was asked about this man. While the neighbor comes up with her *detailed* account the following Tuesday. After having LE in her neighborhood for nearly a week?

Which early morning witness will the jury believe?

The newspaper guy was testified to in the first trial. Not new testimony.

any response to that?

And the other witness saw way more, per her testimony in the first trial, than i can believe anyone simply driving down the road with no agenda could actually focus on. But that's just me.

Someone yelling and cursing at me, oh yeah, i'd remember that.

Driving down the road at the crack of dawn, and OH, yeah i remember every minute thing i saw.

I can drive from my home town to the next bigger town in 25 minutes, arrive there, and can't tell you a thing i saw. I'm too used to driving it for a zillion years.

But that's just me.

borndem, VIP honors guest like Jay get free water when they check in :D

187262-Image38-640x480.jpg

Thanks, JTF, for the foto and the reminder. It does look like D.Park in that foto. Maybe it has a "Compliments of HI" on the bottle -- the only reason I'm making a thang out of it is because the DT did.

And I usually have way too much 'real life' to be bothered by details in the neighborhood. Unless it's dogs. :) I'm friends with every dog on our road. :seeya:

any response to that?

And the other witness saw way more, per her testimony in the first trial, than i can believe anyone simply driving down the road with no agenda could actually focus on. But that's just me.

Driving down the road at the crack of dawn, and OH, yeah i remember every minute thing i saw.

I can drive from my home town to the next bigger town in 25 minutes, arrive there, and can't tell you a thing i saw. I'm too used to driving it for a zillion years.

But that's just me.

We've heard one eyewitness testimony from the morning and another will be presented by the defense. Does the jury believe the witness presented by the prosecution simply because they're the good guys in this trial ... the guys that want to see the murder solved or does the jury believe the defense witness because he testified last?

any response to that?

But that's just me.

Exactly!

Yet we aren't supposed to believe Gracie, because some friend of her's mentioned a murder in Raleigh, what, a hundred miles away from her? She said 'she let it go in one ear and out the other', cute remark from a brain-damaged woman. I use it often myself. :fence: And three days after the murder, she identified JLY as the customer who cussed her out and threw money at her, in the exact time frame he would have been passing her establishment. Not know at all, why she was asked about this man. While the neighbor comes up with her *detailed* account the following Tuesday. After having LE in her neighborhood for nearly a week?

And....unlike the postal clerk, Gracie never contacted LE with her 'story'.

She is a humble, honest lady (to a fault) that told the truth about a man that made a lasting impression on her.
She was not used to a customer cursing her and tipping her $5.00 for turning on the pumps.

Not only did she ID his distinct ugly face, she identified his White SUV.

O/T -
<<shiver>> Grant Hayes makes my skin crawl big-time. Yet another full-blown Narcissist of the highest order with a pure T nut for a wife. <<brrrrrr>> You think Hayes (I refuse to refer to him as Haze) might plead, Wolfpack?

And Jason Williford is scheduled for some proceeding on 1st Degree Murder, 1st Burglary & 1st Rape tomorrow, along with our Saacks as 1st Chair, in Courtroom 003B -- we should have quite the crowd!! I guess it's just to get scheduling officially on the docket -- that one is supposed to be J. Stephens' case as well. This little juggle could be interesting... that one is officially scheduled for 03/06/12. Schedules and personnel are tight and stacking up for Stephens and 003B.

< slaps forehead > Grant Hayes, the guy who chopped up his wife and drove the body parts to Texas? Right??

Way too much stuff in this old head now.

:please:

We've heard one eyewitness testimony from the morning and another will be presented by the defense. Does the jury believe the witness presented by the prosecution simply because they're the good guys in this trial ... the guys that want to see the murder solved or does the jury believe the defense witness because he testified last?

Lawsy, i hope it doesn't come down to something that simple minded

And....unlike the postal clerk, Gracie never contacted LE with her 'story'.

She is a humble, honest lady (to a fault) that told the truth about a man that made a lasting impression on her.
She was not used to a customer cursing her and tipping her $5.00 for turning on the pumps.

Not only did she ID his distinct ugly face, she identified his White SUV.

She is indeed an honest woman, but because of her brain injury, which was given a prognosis of having some functioning at the level of a 2 year old, she can be subjected to suggestion, just like a 2.5 year old.

Was she a DT or PT witness? I honestly can't imagine either side calling her based on what you have just typed.

Defense witness. And who do we think she's implying the <bushy haired stranger> was? What female in the court room has dark, big hair?

OR, how about this: the jury will believe or disbelieve based on their own determination of credibility or believable situation based on their own life experiences with remembering details or not - regardless of whether it is a PT or DT witness.

She is indeed an honest woman, but because of her brain injury, which was given a prognosis of having some functioning at the level of a 2 year old, she can be subjected to suggestion, just like a 2.5 year old.

wow, i'd like to see a link for that

Lawsy, i hope it doesn't come down to something that simple minded

It might be something as simple minded as whether a female figure is a male, or it might come down to which eye witness really saw something on the night in question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member