State vs Jason Lynn Young: weekend discussion 11-25 Feb 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stop already! I'm getting jealous. Missing my Carolina.

LOL, though we have lived in Carolina since the mid-seventies, I guess I've still got Wisconsin *blood*. I remember the night I had my first baby, in Wisc., the wind was howling, the snow was blowing, and the wind chill outside was 20 below zero. :) I was so young at the time, just 19, hubby was 24. He kept going outside to warm the car up, to be sure it would start when the time came to go to the hospital. Finally I said to him "You're going to run out of gas in the driveway and then I'll never get there!" I seldom wear a jacket outside if it's at least sixty degrees here. The heaviest thing I've worn this winter is a medium weight jacket a couple times. Usually I grab a sweatshirt jacket, and about halfway through my walk with the dogs, I've got it tied around my waist. :woohoo: But I truly do miss the winters. I have a bunch of 'fake fur' ( animal lover here, wouldn't think of wearing real fur ), jackets and coats that I seldom get to wear. :( So hopefully, for those not living in the area, this gives you a sense of the weather here.

Odd that some of you are arguing as to why JY needed to replace shoes so quickly. This is completely dependent on individual circumstances. I have shoes that are 5 years old in my closet that look great that I wear occasionally. The shoes I wear most often are a pair of Dockers that can be worn for business or casual. They're comfortable so I wear them with jeans, with slacks, etc. After about 6 months or so of wear, I typically stop wearing for business, at that point, they start to become noticeably worn. I continue to wear with jeans/casual for a few months but look to replace soon after.

But those 'round toed' shoes he wore to CB, caught on tape, didn't look raggedy. Yet they were never found.

There were soooo many issues with that woman's testimony...don't get me started.
The detail she recalled a full week later is extremely suspicious. I am not saying the woman flat out lied, I think she has false memory. She thought that evening someone had "passed away" because of all the cars. Then she started hearing about the murder and watched the news. Her memory of that morning, days earlier, suddenly appeared in her brain. She recalled the 2 people, going so far as remembering a ring the driver wore.:rolleyes:
Way too much detail on a simple, uneventful drive to work.

After convincing herself she could solve this mystery...who murdered MY... she mentioned it to her boss the next week and got the ball rolling....she inserted herself into a high profile murder case. She clearly enjoyed her time on the stand, imo.

I would love to know if she thought Brad Cooper was guilty?
I'm wondering if she wanted to be another one of those eyewitnesses that could make or break a case?

To me , Gracie was far more credible. She did not seek LE and insert herself in the case. Though she was not as educated, she was far more likable, and imo, believable.

Not sure how she feels about BC.My daughter is a friend of her daughter. According to my daughter CB now very much feels JY did it. She hates being called by the DT

Not sure how she feels about BC.My daughter is a friend of her daughter. According to my daughter CB now very much feels JY did it. She hates being called by the DT
Is she testifying next week?

Interesting information.
Thanks for sharing.

I still think there is something hinky about her story.

I still don't understand what is funny about a defense expert collecting evidence after investigators released the scene. It's almost like the difference was:

- 75 bag of evidence (images of 75 garbage bags)
- 75 evidence bags (images of small paper bags, baggies or tubes)

75 bags of evidence deserves ridicule, but 75 evidence bags doesn't. The difference between whether "missed" means a viable collection or a "left behind" collection doesn't really matter since the victim's teeth were collected by the guy that had the extra 75 evidence bags.

I certainly never interpretted this as meaning that there were 75 new pieces of evidence. Why a lawyer would interpret it like that?

BBM

Here is what HE said (no interpretation), "collected roughly 75 bags of evidence that was either missed or ignored by Wake County Sheriff's Detectives and City/County Bureau of Identification (CCBI:"

BBM

I agree, that statement deserves ridicule. That does not mean he didn't find anything valuable. That does not mean LE didn't miss or ignore anything valuable. It's making out out like he got a mother load of evidence that is :floorlaugh:

BBM

Here is what HE said (no interpretation), "collected roughly 75 bags of evidence that was either missed or ignored by Wake County Sheriff's Detectives and City/County Bureau of Identification (CCBI:"

BBM

I agree, that statement deserves ridicule. That does not mean he didn't find anything valuable. That does not mean LE didn't miss or ignore anything valuable. It's making out out like he got a mother load of evidence that is :floorlaugh:

75 bags of evidence (even if they are small evidence bags) are a lot to collect from an already processed crime scene. I sure would like to know what he put in all of those bags, but I am doubting he will be allowed to share that with us. We know a few items already.

See, I don't find this circumstantial case to be *slight* or *iffy* at all. In fact I find it to be strong. Seldom can we account for almost every moment of a defendant just prior to, and right after a crime, as we can here. The entering and exiting of the hotel, different clothes, phone call & time stamp video, etc. Computer logging. 'Head bang' searches. Doubling life insurance. CY's 'daddy' in response to 'was anyone here last night Cass?' And I'm not even going back to all the emails, infidelites, remarks to friends, etc. All the 'being divorced from Michelle would be worse than being married to her.' Michelle's therapist testimony was heart-breaking to say the least. Her 'feeling raped every time she had sex with jason.' Her 'crying the entire session'. Jason's 'I could just kill you' email. Michelle's 'I'm done' remarks. And on and on. When pieced all together, it's over-whelming IMO. Couple that with where they lived. A rural setting, couple acre lots, no forced entry, no major theft, no sexual assault. No blood evidence left from an extremely bloody scene, as the killer stepped one foot down those stairs. And then there is poor CY, obviously witnessing her mothers murder. She had the sequence of events right. Mommy being *spanked* with an object, mommy face down on the bed, mommy face down on the floor when she was discovered. Mommy with CY's baby doll & blankie. CY was not hiding from 'bad men', 'monsters', while mommy was being *spanked*. She was watching. Mr.G. was whimpering, did NOT go back upstairs, he was most likely cowering somewhere. He didn't become aggressive, he became upset and confused. JMO's

Why is Godwin’s dramatic statement of having found 75 bags of evidence at the MY murder scene overblown and laughable? Let’s take a look.

Setting the stage, his primary trade is as an expert who can, after the police have identified a suspect, come in and comb over the investigation to find things that would help the defense. That’s his priority; that’s what he’s paid for. He is not paid to find anything that might hurt his client, and he has no obligation to. So far, so good, he’s upfront about what he does.

In this case, he says he found things missed or ignored by LE. Missed means to fail to perceive; ignore mentions to intentionally refuse to take notice of. So, he found evidence the police SHOULD have collected. That’s the common, everyday meaning of his words. That’s what he’s paid to do; that’s what he did.

Here’s where the hilarity starts. One bag apparently contains semen the police failed to collect. It, he says, belongs to JY. Ok, so really then it didn’t matter at all, not even one whit. But that’s one bag down. Other known examples include the hair on the jewelry box and the two cigarette butts. My recollection is that those were not allowed in the first trial, due to Godwin’s collection methods not having been sufficient to the court’s standards. But, that’s three more bags.

He claims, still, to have more than seventy more bags of evidence that the police failed to find or, as he also makes it out, intentionally refused to pay attention to.

That’s ridiculous. We haven’t heard of this mountain of evidence, no indication of what it is. Did he find 75 things at the scene the police didn’t collect. Probably did. Who couldn’t? Did he find 75 things that he could actually claim to know the police failed to perceive (incompetence) or intentionally refused to consider (incompetence or worse)? No. He would have no way to know what the police intended with regard to items not collected.

His statement of their intent is his belief, not a fact. He did not go to the detectives with the 75 bags and ask for each, “Why didn’t you collect this?” and get the answer either, “You know, I totally missed that” or “I intentionally refused to consider that.” He’s just made that broad sweeping allegation for every item he put in an evidence bag.

If he gets qualified to testify, and produces 75 items, or I’ll be generous and say just 50 for brevity sake, that show the police missed or ignored real evidence, I will print out this post and eat it.

But boy does it look good to someone charged with a serious crime who would like to discredit the police investigation. And that leads to dollars for the expert. But, when you make out like you found 75 things that matter to the case that the police missed, that = :floorlaugh:

Again, experts who can be relied on to support your case are always in an attorney’s toolbox. But sometimes, the things they say make it just as much fun, and relevant, to c-x them.

Now, if you wipe out the words he used, then it may not be :floorlaugh:. If you ignore the meaning of miss, ignore the meaning of ignore, then you can reconstrue his claim to just mean 75 things the police didn’t get. But that isn’t doing the man justice. He typed missed or ignored. Either you believe he found 75 things the police should have but didn’t, or you :floor laugh:

IMO

That's interesting. Her daughter posted on twitter last week something along the lines of "y'all think he's guilty now, but just wait until my Mom gets on the stand."

ETA: THIS IS NOT AN ACCURATE QUOTE, I POSTED THE ACTUAL TEXT BELOW.

That's interesting. Her daughter posted on twitter last week something along the lines of "y'all think he's guilty now, but just wait until my Mom gets on the stand."

Are you serious?
Do you have a link to that tweet?

I don't feel right posting her name, but it did come up if you search for the #jasonyoung hashtag on twitter.

as I think #jasonyoung is involved with his wife's death, there's still reasonably doubt. Especially once my mom testifies.

Posted on February 21, with a few other comments about the case.

So, I remembered it being a little more afront than this. Glad I still could find it to correct myself. So, Grammy Jean, you are spot on, in thinking that she thinks JY is guilty. But still places a lot of stock in her Mom's witness.

That is very interesting because it contradicts what I learned. Could the tweet be an imposter, that would be my strong suspicion!

That is very interesting because it contradicts what I learned. Could the tweet be an imposter, that would be my strong suspicion!

I posted the text above. Looks like she does think he did it, but thinks her Mom's testimony brings in reasonable doubt.

I have a kind of O/T question...

In the BC case a couple witnesses were "caught" posting on the internet (even here). Was there anyone in the last trial that was discredited for their online adventures? TIA

ETA... I certainly do not think anyone here NOW is involved in the trial. Or a witness or a lawyer....
I hope I didn't give that impression.

It was just such a surprise to me to find out that witnesses in the BC case were here.

Sounds like these people are relishing their fifteen minutes of fame. So unlike Gracie, who two days after the event, through no action on her part, became embroiled in a murder case. That night when she was questioned about her gas sales a couple nights prior, she didn't know anything about the case. Her friend had mentioned something about a 'murder in Raleigh', a hundred miles away, which she 'let go in one ear and out the other.' When those investigators came into her store that night, she had no idea what they were looking for. Could have been somebody 'on the run', a bank robber perhaps, anybody. But she remembered the guy who angrily came into her store, cussed at her, and threw money at her. Look at JLY's photo. Would any of us 'forget' his face? It certainly isn't 'common'. His boney structure face, and we can imagine how it looks *angry* from his fiance's testimony as to how JLY *looks* when he's MAD. I certainly wouldn't forget that face if in the very early morning hours, when I was working a night-shift, it came at me out of the dark and began swearing at me. I'd have been extremely frightened by him. And I'd remember his face a couple days later.

Now her memory may be vague on a few other things, but certainly *less vague* than some following this crime on these boards day & night, not remembering people and evidence testified to and entered into this case. I've seen so many completely wrong and misleading statements made here by people who are intensely following this case. Compared to these, Gracie is top notch on *her* memory. She strongly pointed out JLY now in both trials. She had no hesitation as to who she saw that night. And magically, when she went back over the records, that customer was at the exact spot he would be/should be, in the timeline of events that night. JLY would have been hitting her store at just that time, on his trip back from Raleigh.

I believe JY testifying will be a 'in the moment' decision. I believe they are having him prepare as if he is, but if the DT feels that a NG verdict is in the cards, or feel confident in their case, then I don't think they take the chance. But if they feel it may be his last resort then I expect to hear him testify again. He has the personality to pull it off, I think he likes the attention.

I have a feeling he's going to take the stand. Since the last trial ended with a hung jury, I would assume both sides know they need to do more this time, having fallen short with some of the jurors in round 1... We saw this with the pros, and I wonder what the dt has planned. It sounds to me like jy's testimony in the 1st trial was a big reason the jury hung. I would assume jy is arrogant enough to think he can do it again. I agree, that he's probably being prepped right now, and they are probably advising him to wait and see how it goes before any decisions are made. Therefore, I hope the pros is really doing their homework, so they can hammer them on cross and force jy to insist on taking the stand again!

As far as men wearing out shoes... I agree that some men will go through shoes in a short time, but I have a feeling jy is not anything like these men. He is a lazy, selfish bum who probably wouldn't know hard work if it slapped him in the face! He certainly didn't do much work around the house to help Michelle... What did princess Jason do to wear those shoes out? Tailgate? Last time I checked partying, sleeping around, and spending 24/7 on the phone with your mistress doesn't cause much wear and tear on your footwear!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThatMeryl