State vs Jason Young 2-17-2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
MF testified at this trial that there was a psychologist there in the evening but by that time CY had shut down.

I'd like to hear the psychologist say CY "shut down" as well as any other professional observations.

JMO

Alternates are dismissed when a Judge dismisses them.

A Judge also has the authority to enter a verdict on behalf of the jury.

JMO

The judge has already declared Jason the slayer .. it doesn't seem like it would be possible for him to deliver a contradicting verdict.

Women's sizes are typically 1.5 to 2 sizes smaller than men's sizes. That means that a size 8 women's shoe is similar in size to a men's size 6 shoe. I simply expressed doubt that a size 12-13 man could put on a size 6 men's shoe. The shoe width alone would present problems.

Then I was right. I thought the salesman sold me a size 6 men's work boot. I normally wear a size 8 womens shoe. As for whether it can be done, I offer up my husband as proof. He did it last night. He does have a narrow foot, but lengthwise, he wears no smaller than a size 12. At times I've picked him up a size 12 in a shoe, but it was too tight/small on him, and I've had to take it back and see if it came in a 13.

You are welcome to come out here and watch my hubby walk around the house in my powder blue Ryka's if you so choose. He's getting into this case, so providing you don't point and laugh, I bet he'd put those shoes on for you and walk around our kitchen in 'em, just like he did for me last night. :) And yes, the old 'sports bra challenge' from the Cooper trial was what gave me the idea. :)

JMO

I'm sure the non-guilty folks do not want this judge to enter a verdict on behalf of the jury since he's the same judge who found JY, Slayer, guilty in the civil case.

The prosecution is doing a great job of identifying the make of shoe that was at the crime scene. I would like to see them connect all that evidence with an actual shoe owned by Jason and collected as evidence.

Is Meredith's undergrad degree in psychology?

I have no idea. She did mention a psychologist was at her house, though so it was someone who must be licensed.

I'd like to hear more.

JMO

Women's sizes are typically 1.5 to 2 sizes smaller than men's sizes. That means that a size 8 women's shoe is similar in size to a men's size 6 shoe. I simply expressed doubt that a size 12-13 man could put on a size 6 men's shoe. The shoe width alone would present problems.

Well to be accurate you said you didn't think a guy could fit in his men's shoes two sizes too small. I said gracie did a test with her husband where the shoes were smaller than that... then you questioned that too. Fitting into a man's shoe two sizes too small is absolutely no problem as far as I am concerned, but I see you still have issues with it.

Do we have a picture of jasons foot? I know its out there somewhere! TIA

There is a picture of his left foot. I will try to find it. When JTF disappears I panic as it seems he has all affidavits, search warrants, previous testimony, pictures, and everything else about this case at his fingertips.

I'm sure the non-guilty folks do not want this judge to enter a verdict on behalf of the jury since he's the same judge who found JY, Slayer, guilty in the civil case.

A default judgment was the civil case. Has nothing to do with this one.

JMO

Then I was right. I thought the salesman sold me a size 6 men's work boot. I normally wear a size 8 womens shoe. As for whether it can be done, I offer up my husband as proof. He did it last night. He does have a narrow foot, but lengthwise, he wears no smaller than a size 12. At times I've picked him up a size 12 in a shoe, but it was too tight/small on him, and I've had to take it back and see if it came in a 13.

You are welcome to come out here and watch my hubby walk around the house in my powder blue Ryka's if you so choose. He's getting into this case, so providing you don't point and laugh, I bet he'd put those shoes on for you and walk around our kitchen in 'em, just like he did for me last night. :) And yes, the old 'sports bra challenge' from the Cooper trial was what gave me the idea. :)

BBM

:what:

I'm only addressing this section, curiosity only. If you were out of town on business, and your pregnant wife was found dead in the home, brutally murdered, would you never help the police by answering simple questions as to 'was it normal practice for your wife to be sure to lock all the doors at night?' 'Was it normal practice for your wife to perhaps take the trash outside after dark?" "Is there anything here in your home that you see out of place/missing?"

Let me first say, I've never been in this situation so I'm not completely sure what I would do. I believe that once I learned that I was a primary target of the investigation, I would lawyer up. I would hope there would be some way to help the investigation, with lawyer present that would prevent me from incriminating myself. But I honestly have no idea what the attorney's advise would be here. All I have to go by is what my LE family have told me in the past about not talking.

Since you were hours away, and you knew you were innocent, would you not want to help find out who the heck beat your wife's face/head to a pulp? Like wouldn't you say 'you know, there are some trailers behind our house, and I've always been a bit concerned about that.' Or perhaps, 'you know, I was outside mowing the lawn Thursday afternoon, and I saw some 'unknown' scummy looking characters walking/driving through our neighborhood.....'

Probably - but see above. It's hard to know what would go through my mind. My wife and unborn child were just murdered, my daughter was present. Cops think I did it.

What I'm trying to ask is, wouldn't you help at all in attempting to figure out WTF killed your wife??? I just don't get that? I've followed crime my entire life, even told hubby, 'ask for a lawyer', but if I knew I wasn't guilty, and somebody brutally murdered my husband, in our home, while I was out, I'd be banging on everybody's house up and down our road to see what my neighbors saw while I was gone. Much like the broken into cars.

I would have a strong desire to help investigators, but it would be very careless to do so.

JMO

The Judge can direct a verdict FOR THE DEFENSE at the end of the State's case, or at the end of all the evidence. That is not going to happen. I guarantee it. The Judge is also not going to overturn the verdict of a jury, or direct a verdict for guilty. It will not happen in a murder trial. There is a reason this is not a bench trial.

And yes, alternates are dismissed when a Judge dismisses them. But he will NOT substitute an alternate for a seated juror after deliberations are begun because a verdict has not been reached. That, I also guarantee.

I have no idea. She did mention a psychologist was at her house, though so it was someone who must be licensed.

I'd like to hear more.

JMO

Not sure, but I thought Meredith testified that she was hoping to complete a masters in child psychology around the time of the murder. I would like to know more about the licensed child psychologist that was available to the child while she was sleeping.

There is a picture of his left foot. I will try to find it. When JTF disappears I panic as it seems he has all affidavits, search warrants, previous testimony, pictures, and everything else about this case at his fingertips.

Thanks! i couldnt find it. I thought i saw blisters on the side of his foot. I might be mistaken though!

The judge has already declared Jason the slayer .. it doesn't seem like it would be possible for him to deliver a contradicting verdict.

It was a default verdict in the civil case because Jason nor his attorney answered it. Very different circumstances entirely.

JMO

Sure but I doubt it happens here. I think the Judge will make sure this is the last trial for this case. Plenty of alternates.

JMO

This is wrong.

Why do you keep stating legal procedure that is wrong like it is fact? Opinions on evidence is one thing, but repeatedly citing incorrect legal standards or process, I don't understand.

The judge dismisses the alternates before deliberations begin. See the NC Gen Stat below governing alternate jurors in criminal cases.

§ 15A-1215. Alternate jurors

(a) The judge may permit the seating of one or more alternate jurors. Alternate jurors must be sworn and seated near the jury with equal opportunity to see and hear the proceedings. They must attend the trial at all times with the jury, and obey all orders and admonitions of the judge. When the jurors are ordered kept together, the alternate jurors must be kept with them. If before final submission of the case to the jury, any juror dies, becomes incapacitated or disqualified, or is discharged for any other reason, an alternate juror becomes a juror, in the order in which selected, and serves in all respects as those selected on the regular trial panel. Alternate jurors receive the same compensation as other jurors and, unless they become jurors, must be discharged upon the final submission of the case to the jury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966